Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 not recieving calls

Options
  • 06-04-2017 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I got an iPhone 7 at launch, and there has been a persistent problem that the phone does not ring when someone attempts to call me, and I get no notification of the attempt, except for the HulloMail alert.
    This doesn't happen every time, but happens more often than not.
    Has anyone else encountered this?
    It happens all around dublin, and in areas of good signal. The phone does not drop to "no signal" for the instance.

I'm thinking it might be a fault with the 7 so appreciate if any of you have seen this.

TIA

Jim

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Hello all,

I got an iPhone 7 at launch, and there has been a persistent problem that the phone does not ring when someone attempts to call me, and I get no notification of the attempt, except for the HulloMail alert.
    This doesn't happen every time, but happens more often than not.
    Has anyone else encountered this?
    It happens all around dublin, and in areas of good signal. The phone does not drop to "no signal" for the instance.

I'm thinking it might be a fault with the 7 so appreciate if any of you have seen this.

TIA

Jim

Did you check if per chance the "do not disturb" setting somehow got turned on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Thanks for the reply.

It's not DND and this has been happening on and off since October.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

You could try swapping your SIM into a spare phone, and/or loan your phone to a mate for them to use with their SIM, to see if the issue stays with your SIM (problem with your network provider), or follows the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Harcrid

I get something similar. Sometimes people have to call me three or four times before the phone will ring. It can happen randomly and I guess it happens once or twice a month from what people tell me. When people fail to get through they apparently don't even get a dial tone on their side.

I had this with my iPhone 6 too. I am with three and am considering trying out another provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Harcrid wrote: »
    I get something similar. Sometimes people have to call me three or four times before the phone will ring. It can happen randomly and I guess it happens once or twice a month from what people tell me. When people fail to get through they apparently don't even get a dial tone on their side.

I had this with my iPhone 6 too. I am with three and am considering trying out another provider.

Thanks, that sounds familiar.
    Maybe it is a network thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

It happens me also, though I'm with Eir and have a Samsung Note 5. I'd say its the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

When you got the iPhone 7, did you also network? When I changed from Three to ID around a year ago I was having a similar issue and they ended up basically resetting all of the settings on my account. That seemed to crack it.

No idea if yours is the same thing but perhaps worth contacting your network to e th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

If you go into settings and then go to carrier and turn off automatic and do a manual search, after it finds all the Irish networks try and attach it to a network other than your own network, after it rejects it put it back in automatic and wait for it to connect to your network. This works nearly 100% of the time.

Advertisement