Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dunnes Stores 10 days of Easter 2017

• 06-04-2017 9:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭

Got a text message from Dunnes asking to reply YES to 50555 if I want a text on their daily 10 days of Easter offers.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

So did I, seems like we are too late going by this lol
    kn wrote: »
    Got a text message from Dunnes asking to reply YES to 50555 if I want a text on their daily 10 days of Easter offers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Did anybody get the text today or know was the offer was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Was just thinking I hadn't had a text

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

It was extra large Vienetta for €2 and Romantica for €3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

The texts are bit intermittent

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

TheDriver wrote: »
    The texts are bit intermittent

I got one on the first day- I haven't had one since.
    Perhaps their offer items are in short supply or something?
    I was going to get groceries in Dunnes today (Maynooth)- think I'll pass- just got the Supervalu leaflet in the door- its closer and has some good offers......

Getting people to sign up for special offers- and then not following through- really can be counterproductive- particularly for people like me- who have to go out of our way to get to the likes of Dunnes in the first place (I live in Lucan village).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Same here only got a text on the first day and none since their website doesn't even say what yesterdays offer was, never mind todays

Now I feel mean- just got a txt a min ago from them- deal of the day is 18 pack trays of Coke products for 6 Euro a pop. Think they can keep today's deal........

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Trev De rev

Just got this text a few mins ago

Cracking Deals Day 4: coke/pepsi/club orange/7Up 18x330mlcans €6each + Shop&Save€10 off €50* T&Cs apply view all deals: bit.ly/e_ds Unsub text STOP to 50555

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Cracking Deals Day 5: DS Fresh Irish Full Leg of Lamb €20 (min 2.3kg) + Shop&Save €10 off €50*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Cracking Deals Day 6: Ferrero Rocher 24s / Raffelleo 24s €5 each + Shop&Save €10 off €50*

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Trev De rev

Cracking Deals Day8: Full Irish 4 for €4:Sausages+Rashers+Eggs+pudding*
    Save€10 off €50 T&Cs apply. *See details here bit.ly/e_ds Unsub text STOP to 50555

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

Cracking Deals my arse.

Cracking Deals my arse.

The Ferrero Rocher at a fiver a box- were ok value (they sold them at 2 boxes for 12 quid a weekends previous- even if they have been trying to sell them at 9 quid a box since).

I agree- the prices aren't very attractive- nor indeed are the products. I've been in Dunnes over the last few days- and quite honestly, couldn't have been arsed getting the daily deal.

I agree- the prices aren't very attractive- nor indeed are the products. I've been in Dunnes over the last few days- and quite honestly, couldn't have been arsed getting the daily deal.

Very true, I shop in Dunnes every week so nothing against them in general but these deals are hardly "Deals"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭kn

1kg strawberries 5.99 today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

kn wrote: »
    1kg strawberries 5.99 today.

Irish by chance? Morrocan and Egyptian are meh

vicwatson wrote: »
    Irish by chance? Morrocan and Egyptian are meh

Doubt it- in April........

No text message received here today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Doubt it- in April........

No text message received here today.

I think keelings are growing under glass last few years so it's quite possible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭lau1247

The Ferrero Rocher at a fiver a box- were ok value (they sold them at 2 boxes for 12 quid a weekends previous- even if they have been trying to sell them at 9 quid a box since).

Well, I think they assume most people will be using their shop and save voucher.

If you buy 10 boxes and using the voucher, it will work out to 4 each. That's a pretty cracking deal for 24 Ferrero Rocher per box.. Granted, don't think many people would do that

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

lau1247 wrote: »
    Well, I think they assume most people will be using their shop and save voucher.

If you buy 10 boxes and using the voucher, it will work out to 4 each. That's a pretty cracking deal for 24 Ferrero Rocher per box.. Granted, don't think many people would do that

There are only so many Ambassadors in the country

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Very true, I shop in Dunnes every week so nothing against them in general but these deals are hardly "Deals"

They're making up for it with 2 for €20 Easter eggs (Yorkie, mars, m&m) :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

They're making up for it with 2 for €20 Easter eggs (Yorkie, mars, m&m) :rolleyes:
    You do realise your paying €20 for about 6 bars of chocolate and 2 big eggs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

You do realise your paying €20 for about 6 bars of chocolate and 2 big eggs.

That was my point! €20 is pure robbery

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭NellyMcD

vicwatson wrote:
    I think keelings are growing under glass last few years so it's quite possible

You're correct. First Irish greenhouse strawberries out in the past couple of weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ccazza wrote: »
    It was extra large Vienetta for €2 and Romantica for €3.

There were on offer too a few weeks back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭lau1247

There are only so many Ambassadors in the country

If you have nothing useful to contribute, don't bother posting. Geez, your post is what's wrong with the spirit of this BA forum.

For your information, I don't work for dunnes. At the end of the day a good deal is a good deal. I'm just stating the fact. Take it whatever way you want.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

lau1247 wrote: »
    If you have nothing useful to contribute, don't bother posting. Geez, your post is what's wrong with the spirit of this BA forum.

For your information, I don't work for dunnes. At the end of the day a good deal is a good deal. I'm just stating the fact. Take it whatever way you want.

lighten up a little, it was just a bit fun

• Advertisement
Advertisement