Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a reccomendation for a gaming pc

Options
  • 07-04-2017 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I'd greatly appreciate it

1. What is your budget? [800]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [gaming/general use]

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [No]

5. Do you need a monitor? [No]

5a. If yes, what size do you need.

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080] [No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Nope]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Maybe

8. How can you pay? [Visa/Paypal]

9. When are you purchasing? [ASAP]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [I'm fine for that]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Alpha8

What games do you plan on playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lapkia

Well i decided to get a new pc because the one I have currently cant handle raids in WoW so that, id like to be able to play overwatch and i have a lot of game in my steam library i haven't been able to even start cos my pc couldn't play them like metro last light, Killing Floor 2,sang froid, shadow Warrior etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Redfox25

For the craic, run speccy or similar on your current system and we can see what you have.  It might be something like your gpu holding you back or the cpu. 
    Might be cheaper to upgrade what you have than go for a fully new build. Wow since legion has become a bit of a pig on resources. Have you tried to lower some of the settings to get an optimal experience?
    I also play wow and raids batter my system more than it should at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Lapkia

ZtY5Qjq.png
    there is an other element to this in that this pc is shared between myself and my brother so buying a separate one is more ideal to me instead of putting money into upgrading this current one. He can have this while i finally have my own

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

If it was me I'd probably go second hand. You could buy this sell the GTX480 for €50 then buy this GTX 970 for about €160 leaving you a decent chunk to buy monitor and a good keyboard/mouse.

If you're looking for a new build someone else will advise. Probably something like i3 7100, RX 480 combo.

Edit: Just read you don't need monitor, keyboard/mouse. Still good value though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Lapkia wrote: »
    Well i decided to get a new pc because the one I have currently cant handle raids in WoW so that, id like to be able to play overwatch and i have a lot of game in my steam library i haven't been able to even start cos my pc couldn't play them like metro last light, Killing Floor 2,sang froid, shadow Warrior etc

didn't even realise people still play WoW. Last time I logged into that was late 2005 :D

Advertisement