Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko/Sab/Edision triple Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

Yeup was really eager to try get this working and would have loved to have done it myself but I found this out after about 8 hours of messing yesterday evening when i eventually gave up at 2.30! i'm sure it makes sense once you know what you are doing but i clearly haven't a clue ! lol

The remote can be used for all channel sorting , creation of lists etc. When you press the middle button on the remote on 4.5 it gives you the generic epg (the EPG button may be assigned to a plugin called Cool EPG on your image if installed) Here you see the bouquets (lists) and the channel list of the currently selected bouquet (first one on boot up). A satelllite or terrestrial will deposit channels in the very last bouquet, named "last scanned". While looking at the epg, press MENU on the remote, and you will get options to move and delete channels, and to move, delete and create new bouquets. Tedious but it works. If you have connected a network cable to your box, and have successfully assigned a network IP (internet Protocol) address to the box, you can now view this epg on a web interface, where among other things you can set timers, playback recordings, operate the remote, edit the channels, and stream live to the PC. I covered quite a bit of this in the original thread for these boxes, its linked in the first post.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭postsnthing

I upgraded it to the Openatv 6.0 image, so unfortunately it seems that most of the info i can find is out of date or not relevant to us here with saorview and freesat combination

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Remember the golden rule with ANY box or Image before messing.....
    Backup, Backup, Backup
    it will save a lot of tears later ;)

Remember the golden rule with ANY box or Image before messing.....
    Backup, Backup, Backup
    it will save a lot of tears later ;)

Yeah definitely Gerry once i get my hands on a good image i'm making loads of back ups of so i never get in the mess im in now ! Cant even get connecting to the box to work or ftp ! aggrrhhh

Im going to stop playing with it until i have one that works and tinker with that or else im going to get real frustrated and battered for hogging the tv !

Yeah definitely Gerry once i get my hands on a good image i'm making loads of back ups of so i never get in the mess im in now ! Cant even get connecting to the box to work or ftp ! aggrrhhh

Im going to stop playing with it until i have one that works and tinker with that or else im going to get real frustrated and battered for hogging the tv !

I feel your pain! The remote control keystrokes for editing the OpenAtv EPG are a bit different than Hyperion 4.5, but not much. I have to tidy up son's Edision EPG everytime I visit and it takes me a few minutes to recall the correct sequence to enter edit mode on the epg, but you'll get there. The advice for connecting to the Web Interface (known as WebIf) is the same, but this plugin may not be embedded on the raw image you installed, so you may have to load this plugin from the plugin section of OpenAtv menus, and you will need the box connected to a network to do this. That should be the first target.

• Advertisement

For openATV...
    Once plugged into your network,
    press BLUE
    NETWORK
    NETWORK INTERFACE and look for your IP address in the form 192.168.xxx.xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭DopeTech

If you need a hand I am free all day. Can set it up over teamviewer.

Yeah I have the IP and shouldn't have an issue connecting but everything is going against me !

I could be missing plugins may not have turned something on or off. Definitely need to step away from the box for a while lol.

You guys have been a fantastic help thanks so much it's really appreciated

Sir Dosser wrote:
    If you need a hand I am free all day. Can set it up over teamviewer.

That's really kind of you thanks !
    The box and I are spending some time apart we both needed some space ( I'm not home today!)

Gerry mention he may have a usable image so that might be my best option. But if not Sir Dosser I'll be straight on to you if you don't mind !

I upgraded it to the Openatv 6.0 image, so unfortunately it seems that most of the info i can find is out of date or not relevant to us here with saorview and freesat combination

Heres a link to the current Freetv.ie enigma2 image. Its Vix4 project from April2016 according to the info when you extract the file. Freetv image tends to have everything installed and set up for Irish customers, you'll probably just need to retune the teerrestrial

https://www.dropbox.com/s/onqlee4iqt3awjc/enigma2.zip?dl=0

• Advertisement

No problem, yeah if you can flash an image then great, if not I can help you where you are getting stuck. These boxes are far better than the freesat boxes but also have a lot more to them. They take a bit of getting used to.

AA2 Kippure openATV 6.1 backup

NB This image offered AS IS with no guarantees. I have not had time to comprehensively test it. Remember to always make backups of your set up first before messing.

Gerry this is fantastic thank you for taking the time to do this ! I'll report back once I have it installed

McGixxer wrote:
    Would anyone happen to have an OpenATV (or ViX4e2) backup using the Cairn Hill transmitter? I'd be eternally grateful if someone could share this. Thanks in advance.

Interesting aside to this. I have an AA2 running openATV6.1 (currently on adverts.ie) configured for Cairn Hill. I brought it to Dublin to scan in Kippure and didn't need to alter the bouquets as it recognised the channel IDs. So button 1 was RTÉ1 Cairn Hill and is now RTÉ1 Kippure etc. Saved me a few minutes juggling

McGixxer the image posted above may work for you also

Thanks again Gerry and all others on this thread fantastic help and patient ! Cheers everyone

Here also is the WebIf backup of my channel list, If you get WebIf up and running go to the Bouquet Editor page, select 'Import' and use this file. Change the type from .ZIP to .TAR, as tar file are not valid in the attachment list on boards. I'd imagine a channel list on Hyperion 4.5 should be compatible on OpenAtv.

So thanks to you all eventually got the box up and running (Gerry image is fantastic thank you very much).

I think my main issue has been the remote being so unintuitive and working out where the channel sorting is hidden, favorites are your friend ! But all saorview and freesat working which is great. The one epg is really brilliant raging I held out so long waiting on saorview connect !

Still can't log in to the box or ftp but that might be a virgin modem issue

So thanks to you all eventually got the box up and running (Gerry image is fantastic thank you very much).

I think my main issue has been the remote being so unintuitive and working out where the channel sorting is hidden, favorites are your friend ! But all saorview and freesat working which is great. The one epg is really brilliant raging I held out so long waiting on saorview connect !

What ftp client are you using? Are they definitely on the same LAN? Can you ping the IP of your box?

Have you tried the Webif app by typing the network address (192.168.xxx.xxx) into any web browser on the same network?
    A useful tip to remember is that the MENU button give lots of settings depending on which screen is open. EG pressing the down button opens the channel list then the menu button gives lots of choices to edit channels / bouquets.

Are you connected by a wired LAN? Check that network settings are for wired, perhaps Gerry's image is for a Wi-Fi dongle.

Got it all sorted, over zealous firewall stopping me connecting. The Webif is great really good option for another screen. Will have to tinker with it in there to see what it can do.
    I got the Slyk Onyx skin installed and its really nice not sure if its a little slower or its just that's its first run and doing stuff in the background, thanks Sir Dosser.

Really happy with this solution can definitely see me getting a more capable box in the future when i'm more capable !

• Advertisement

Got it all sorted, over zealous firewall stopping me connecting. The Webif is great really good option for another screen. Will have to tinker with it in there to see what it can do.
    I got the Slyk Onyx skin installed and its really nice not sure if its a little slower or its just that's its first run and doing stuff in the background, thanks Sir Dosser.
    Glad you got sorted. Webif will do almost anything you need to do.
    I've heard the Sly skins can be slow. I never liked them myself.
    Really happy with this solution can definitely see me getting a more capable box in the future when i'm more capable !
    Welcome to the highly addictive world of enigma :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

You'll certainly need one if you go the IPTV route.

Got it all sorted, over zealous firewall stopping me connecting. The Webif is great really good option for another screen. Will have to tinker with it in there to see what it can do......

View EPG, set timers, stream live channels, stream recordings, edit bouquets, view On Screen Display and thus use the menus with the Virtual remote. If you have a real external IP on your router, you can forward ports 80 and 8001 to the box and use WebIf anywhere, bandwidth permitting, even watch your box abroad. Download the Dreamdroid app for android and do all the above on your phone.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

championc wrote: »
    You'll certainly need one if you go the IPTV route.

with the right plugin iptv works good on alien 2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Nowso wrote: »
    with the right plugin iptv works good on alien 2

Go on I’m all ears??!!

how.gareth wrote: »
    Go on I’m all ears??!!

dependin on provider the xc plugin works perfect on open atv 6 , 6.1 etc been using it for a while now. its the basic 0.1 version i have and plays fhd fine

theres another more upto date plugin , ive enquired about the sh4 version off , that may or may not work as good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

Hi
    Does epg work in that plugin
    Not tried it yet
    Nowso wrote: »
    dependin on provider the xc plugin works perfect on open atv 6 , 6.1 etc been using it for a while now. its the basic 0.1 version i have and plays fhd fine

theres another more upto date plugin , ive enquired about the sh4 version off , that may or may not work as good

GY A1 wrote: »
    Hi
    Does epg work in that plugin
    Not tried it yet

there is some epg depending on channel and supplier . its not perfect but it plays iptv perfect on alien 2 . nothing else does

I had no problems playing Iptv without any plugin, just use a Linux single line script to convert and drop .m3u channel lists into a bouquet. Sort to your favourites using preferred method. Adding epg discussed earlier in this thread, either clone sat channell references or place iptv channels next to dead sat channels with good epg.

• Advertisement

but with new vod etc / channels every so often its a lot of work compared to run plugin and 3 clicks

Advertisement