Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko/Sab/Edision triple Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

Nowso wrote: »
    but with new vod etc / channels every so often its a lot of work compared to run plugin and 3 clicks

That's likely true. I've only used test .m3u, I'm not sure how often subscription based IPTV changes content and urls, but given the nature of the service I'd guess quite often. A plugin based service takes care of all that. The perfect plugin, with full epg, recordable, multiroom and portable device etc, still seems a bit of a holy grail, and that's not taking account of whither it will work on the AA2. The fora are full of struggling users on all types of boxes, lots of issues with epg, poor performance, MAC address locking etc. For what I'd use it for it's hardly worth the time and effort. Couple of big matches maybe. If I did subscribe I'd probalby only bother to add 4 to 6 channels on my epg, life's to short to spend watching box set tripe like your man on the skyQ ad.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

your not going to get the perfect one on aa2 but the xc works well for watching on aa2 if thats what you want to do

your not going to get the perfect one on aa2 but the xc works well for watching on aa2 if thats what you want to do

Thanks, I'll give it a shot next time i try out iptv..

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mjatkey

Hi, yes as the guys say the XC works well although there is another version lulla which is a bit more slick that worked well on the Edision but I couldn't get it to work on the AA+. Not really a show stopper though. Epg wise its all a bit hit and miss depending on the supplier. Best I have seen was a version on an andriod box which had pretty much a 7 days and only one stream per channel where as some of the other suppliers have multiple streams per channel. Unfortunately it didn't work too well when I took a test on the AA+. Again you get what you pay for. Thanks

🌞 6.96kWp PV System. West Dublin🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

mjatkey wrote:
    Hi, yes as the guys say the XC works well although there is another version lulla which is a bit more slick that worked well on the Edision but I couldn't get it to work on the AA+. Not really a show stopper though. Epg wise its all a bit hit and miss depending on the supplier. Best I have seen was a version on an andriod box which had pretty much a 7 days and only one stream per channel where as some of the other suppliers have multiple streams per channel. Unfortunately it didn't work too well when I took a test on the AA+. Again you get what you pay for. Thanks

Would i be correct in saying that you got your stations but when you tried any, the screen was blank ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mjatkey

deezell wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll give it a shot next time i try out iptv..
    championc wrote: »
    Would i be correct in saying that you got your stations but when you tried any, the screen was blank ?

No the lulla xc plugin just crashed the Amiko A each time you went to a stream where as the "standard version of the plugin" was fine with the same m3u.

Like I say the Edision is a very capable box for the money and with internal HD and 4 tuners (3 x sat and 1x cable or mpeg4) there's very little it can't do. That said the picture out of the Amiko even with the streams is just fractionally better.

Thanks

🌞 6.96kWp PV System. West Dublin🌞

the xc never crashed my box which is something , if it starts skipping just exit plugin and restart

theres an xtreme tv thing that im looking into

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

the xc never crashed my box which is something , if it starts skipping just exit plugin and restart

theres an xtreme tv thing that im looking into

I had the xtreme plugin running last year and it wasn’t bad, a bit glitchy but hopefully they ironed out the problems, I might give it another whirl and see what it’s like. I’m using a mag 256 at the mo and I’m not a big fan of them to be honest so would love to get back to using the Sab

how.gareth wrote: »
    I had the xtreme plugin running last year and it wasn’t bad, a bit glitchy but hopefully they ironed out the problems, I might give it another whirl and see what it’s like. I’m using a mag 256 at the mo and I’m not a big fan of them to be honest so would love to get back to using the Sab

depends on the image you run it . on open tv 6 6.1 it works good . i loaded an old hyperion and it was not as good on that

New vix 4 image with epg improvements available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

New vix 4 image with epg improvements available

Is this to address the issues since 1st October with rytec?

not sure changed back to open atv pretty quick

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

not sure changed back to open atv pretty quick
    Did you happen to scan terrestrial channels after flashing?

My box is crashing when scanning for terrestrial on this new version of openvix

cork_south wrote: »
    Did you happen to scan terrestrial channels after flashing?

My box is crashing when scanning for terrestrial on this new version of openvix

i did but when rte 1 wasnt filling the full of the screen and was stretched i loaded Open atv back again

I think I remember being able to force a reboot in Hyperion by pressing the Standby button on the remote control 5 times, useful when the box has hung.

Anyone know how to do this in Openvix?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

I think I remember being able to force a reboot in Hyperion by pressing the Standby button on the remote control 5 times, useful when the box has hung.

Try holding the power button for 10-15 secs.

Try holding the power button for 10-15 secs.

Thx, that works.

open atv doesnt crash that much so might try that sometome

open atv doesnt crash that much so might try that sometome
    +1 on that. I find openATV vastly superior on several different makes of box/processor.

I'm using openvix happily for a long time now, find it a great image.

I had upgraded to 4.1 and it was crashing so I went back to 4.0-008 and it works grand.

Will give openatv a try at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭postsnthing

Hi all, have AA2+ running openATV 6.1 and just wondering if it is possible to sort channels by free to view or encrypted, would make it much easier sorting and deleting to make a decent channel bouquet. Hopefully it just something simple im missing !

Thanks

You could try installing dreamboxedit on your PC. AFAIK it will allow you to see at a glance which service is which and allow you to build new bouquets.

You could try installing dreamboxedit on your PC. AFAIK it will allow you to see at a glance which service is which and allow you to build new bouquets.

Excellent thanks Gerry ill brush up on my German and download that !

change to custom region in autobouqetsmaker

change to custom region in autobouqetsmaker

Thanks didn't have this plugin installed, doing that now. Any other plugin recommendations ?

cache flush , xc plugin (if u use it ) other than than as little as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Partymack

Hi,

I have Edison OS 3. I’ve had sat tuned to 28.2 for about 5 years and all working fine.

Recently a bunch of my channels have gone including BBC HDs, More 4, ITV2 etc.

All other channels (ITV HD, Channel 4Hd etc) are fine and showing signal of 99%.

I thought it was alignment of dish but have tweaked and re-tweaked using a meter and all is well.

I have also replaced the LNB and it’s made no difference.

I’ve reflashed OPENATV, not restored settings and ran a blind scan but It’s only coming up with about 750 channels - I’d expect 900.

I’ve replaced Satelite’s.xml and rescanned but no joy.

Anyone got any other ideas?

is your autobouqets maker configs upto date

is it a recent image

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

My 2 boxes are gathering dust at the moment, I invested in iptv, shield and a mi box. Are people still getting good use out of them?

• Advertisement

Partymack wrote: »
    Hi,

........Anyone got any other ideas?

Try swapping around the cables to the tuners and blind scan again. One of the cables could be compromised, a normal scan only uses the first tuner and copies over the data to the second. Also try reversing the tuner settings, by scanning tuner B instead of A, and setting A =B. This will use sat tuner 2 for the scan, if there is a glitch in 1 it will show up. It sounds like a specific band of signals is being affected, but not an entire band or polarity. A loose screen on a cable or a kink can cause reflections and selective attenuation. A fault in one tuner could also cause a change in bandspread. If both tuners on either cable are behaving the same, closely check the box signal strength at the tps in and around the missing channels.

Advertisement