Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko/Sab/Edision triple Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

phobia2011 wrote: »
    My 2 boxes are gathering dust at the moment, I invested in iptv, shield and a mi box. Are people still getting good use out of them?

Yep the missus swears by it still, running Hyperion 5.5 virtually maintenance free, all the important channels in HD totally free and able to record a few channels at the same time and has all her repeat recordings set up, I have a mag for me football and everyone’s happy, would love to have the cash and splash out on a fancy Edison and have everything running on the same box

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Partymack

deezell wrote: »
    Try swapping around the cables to the tuners and blind scan again...

Cheers Deezel - hadn’t thought of swopping tuners. Will give thanks a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

how.gareth wrote: »
    My 2 boxes are gathering dust at the moment, I invested in iptv, shield and a mi box. Are people still getting good use out of them?

Yep the missus swears by it still, running Hyperion 5.5 virtually maintenance free, all the important channels in HD totally free and able to record a few channels at the same time and has all her repeat recordings set up, I have a mag for me football and everyone’s happy, would love to have the cash and splash out on a fancy Edison and have everything running on the same box

I splashed on nvidia shield, which Edison box is that?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

I splashed on nvidia shield, which Edison box is that?

open atv best image and xc plugin working great . still use box for tv and bt sports etc
    , also have a mq android box if needed or travel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

how.gareth wrote:
    I have a mag for me football

For anyone wondering, my son discovered that you CAN record with Mag boxes. Simply press the F1 Red button on the remote (top left)

• Advertisement

championc wrote: »
    For anyone wondering, my son discovered that you CAN record with Mag boxes. Simply press the F1 Red button on the remote (top left)

Mine records but switches off after less than a minute. I found a yoke called nextpvr which is handy for setting up recordings through my laptop and then watch on the tv

Think someone on here had the Edison os mega and was running fta and iptv on it no prob with everything kept in bouquets and able to record (sounds savage!) , it’s about €220 ish I think but something I’d love to see for myself before pulling the plug. The only reason I got the mag was I knew it did what’s it’s supposed to, they are fairly poor quality yokes though imo

how.gareth wrote:
    Think someone on here had the Edison os mega and was running fta and iptv on it no prob with everything kept in bouquets and able to record (sounds savage!) , it’s about €220 ish I think but something I’d love to see for myself before pulling the plug. The only reason I got the mag was I knew it did what’s it’s supposed to, they are fairly poor quality yokes though imo

I have the OS3 but two neighbours and my dad have Megas.

The only issue is recording of IPTV where it seems hit and miss as to whether it records a timed programme or not.

I have the OS3 but two neighbours and my dad have Megas.

The only issue is recording of IPTV where it seems hit and miss as to whether it records a timed programme or not.

That’s a shame, I thought they were grand for recording, is the OS3 any better?

how.gareth wrote:
    That’s a shame, I thought they were grand for recording, is the OS3 any better?

The Mega suceeded the OS3 so if anything has a chance, it would be the Mega

• Advertisement

I’ve just downloaded the newest open atv image off their site, seems to be a few issues with some of the menu not being translated properly from German to English, common problem or have I fecked up somewhere in the install? I have it set to English (uk)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

I’ve just downloaded the newest open atv image off their site, seems to be a few issues with some of the menu not being translated properly from German to English, common problem or have I fecked up somewhere in the install? I have it set to English (uk)
    Did you get it from Edision or direct from openATV site? Only time I ever saw a problem with menus cleared with a full reboot.
    I don't have an edision but have 3 other makes all running current openATV 6.1 without issue.

ive seen that on older versions , not for a while , but havnt installed new for a bit

Did you get it from Edision or direct from openATV site? Only time I ever saw a problem with menus cleared with a full reboot.
    I don't have an edision but have 3 other makes all running current openATV 6.1 without issue.

Got it direct off their site, I’m not using an Edison, still on the trusty oul sab. Just rebooted and seems to have solved the language issue so cheers Gerry. Haven’t tried a new image in yonks and was hoping this would just be the bare bones but seems full of pre installed plugins. Can I delete most of them or are they needed?

very Little on it you dont need to delete just add softcam and xc player /or whatever and cacheflush

Nowso wrote: »
    very Little on it you dont need to delete just add softcam and xc player /or whatever and cacheflush

I usually just use epg and cooltvguide. Thought cams were obsolete tbh, I’ll give Xc player a google as I’ve never heard of it before. Any skins in particular that are good or bad. I’ll need to find something wife friendly as she’s the main user so I’ll need to keep it similar ish looking to hyperion for now

on auto bouqets maker use custom area and u will be able to watch eerything lol

xcplugin is an iptv player xstreamtv is a newer version
    crossepg works well on that image

how.gareth wrote:
    I usually just use epg and cooltvguide.

The graphical EPG is built into OpenATV as part of it's core

The built-in EPG only reads Freesat data.You still need crossEPG if you watch the lesser, non-Freesat channels inc some of the +1s

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

The built-in EPG only reads Freesat data.You still need crossEPG if you watch the lesser, non-Freesat channels inc some of the +1s

What are the "lesser, non-Freesat" channels? - I only have the Freesat ones set up!!

• Advertisement

I haven't checked recently but some of the 'Showcase', 'My Channel', 'True whatever we call it this week' type of things. Also CNN HD and Bloomberg HD weren't covered for while but that might be sorted by now. Here's the current list of FTAs available on 28E. If anyone wants to compare to Freesat's line up. In all fairness Freesat has improved so much in recent months it's hard to keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

Hi, is there any way to get the eir sports channels on the amiko box? I signed up to eir broadband and if i had sky i could get it by entering a code but is there any way to get it on the amiko box?
    Thanks

Hi, is there any way to get the eir sports channels on the amiko box? I signed up to eir broadband and if i had sky i could get it by entering a code but is there any way to get it on the amiko box?
    Thanks

u need a skyee card for that and usually a skyeee box to do it that way

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Thanks

Sky Box and Sky card required ..... but no sky subscription, so any out of sub card should do.
    Of course you need the Sky+HD box to get the HD channels, but you will not have recording functions.
    You can also register a second card with eir.

Alternatively you can receive the eir sports over your broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

Nowso wrote: »

Eir sport encryption is not box paired, is it possible that the card they supply will work directly in the card slot of your tuner, and not just a sky tuner. On their support they say "set top box", not specifically mentioning sky until later. Before Sky introduced box pairing encryption on their channels, any box with a CAM slot would read a sub card, though I think sky cards had to be logged initially from an old sky SD box. Probably easier to get an android dongle for the tv and just stream. You can have it and a phone say.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

Nowso wrote:

If i got a card is there a way to do it on the amiko box without the skybox?

Thanks
    I also enquired via eir webchat, this was the answer;

"In order to know the status you need to call on 0818203040. They would surely help you with this."

Note this an 0818 number.

If i got a card is there a way to do it on the amiko box without the skybox?

Get the card and try it. In spark the card reader was automatic for sub cards in the past. Not sure if you have to do anything in enigma2.

Alternatively you can receive the eir sports over your broadband.

So do they give you an m3u line ? If so (or something similar) then maybe the Amiko can be used that way

• Advertisement

So do they give you an m3u line ? If so (or something similar) then maybe the Amiko can be used that way

No, it seems to operate via a dedicated app. It can't be called via chrome or browsers.

Advertisement