Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko/Sab/Edision triple Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

how.gareth wrote: »
    Cheers, I’m gonna give atv a few days and see if I have any more crashes. I might be trying to change to many things on it in one go which is causing it to have a melt down. I’m not a fan of the default skin at all so that has to go!

it shouldnt crash much . if ot does it some plugin u use causing it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

how.gareth wrote: »
    Cheers, I’m gonna give atv a few days and see if I have any more crashes. I might be trying to change to many things on it in one go which is causing it to have a melt down. I’m not a fan of the default skin at all so that has to go!

Oddly enough on posts elsewhere there seems to be an issue with non functioning providers being caused by certain skins. It's a long shot, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭postsnthing

I recently put openatv 6.1 on from Gerry wicklows image(thanks again for that) on aa2+ and it crashes frequently and needs rebooting alot as it won't turn on from standby, if on saorview channel needs to be changed before picture will show and pretty slow and frustrating overall not sure if it's a openatv, aa2+, or me thing !

the problem with saorview sounds like you dont have the same area saved in tuner coniguration and autobouqets

Nowso wrote:
    the problem with saorview sounds like you dont have the same area saved in tuner coniguration and autobouqets

Thanks for the tip I'll look in to that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

I recently put openatv 6.1 on from Gerry wicklows image(thanks again for that) on aa2+ and it crashes frequently and needs rebooting alot as it won't turn on from standby, if on saorview channel needs to be changed before picture will show and pretty slow and frustrating overall not sure if it's a openatv, aa2+, or me thing !
    I always found the AA2 didn't like being put into standby regardless of image. I tend to leave them on permanently as the saving in power is miniscule over the course of a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

I've just got rid of sky and got a sab triple tuner I'm new to this what's the best image or skin to look for and how do I install plugins for 7day epg and recording

dogtoffee wrote: »
    I've just got rid of sky and got a sab triple tuner I'm new to this what's the best image or skin to look for and how do I install plugins for 7day epg and recording

Search and use one of the ready configured user images linked on this thread. What enigma2 image if any was on the box? The one in the FreeTv.ie site should be ready to go other than returning the terrestrial channels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

The image is vix4 it a big learning curve

As are all the E2 images IMO. Start with the Spark image. Nowso's posts here and on the Spark thread are where to go.

• Advertisement

The channel list is a bit out of date you can scan and update it if your using it ie discovery channels

Here also are some answers to getting 7 day epg/ cross epg up and running in spark. You'll need a usb or hdd connected to store the data, which you'll also need to enable record.
    http://www.sattvhelp.com/forum/amiko-alien2-help/41771-7-day-epg-spark-amiko-alien-2-a.html
    Also good guides on the free tv.ie site.
    http://www.freetv.ie/sab-unix-hd-triple-tuner-user-manual/

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

Anyone know if any e2 images that can compress recordings (while recording)? I think the answer is no but I'll check anyway.

I use openvix and was gonna give openatv a try, anyone have a good image I could try?

Edit: also, does anyone know the best free software to convert existing .TS recordings to MP4 or Avi?
    My 2 TB hard drive is nearing capacity due to the size of the .ts files and it would be good to compress these to save space.

cork_south wrote: »
    Anyone know if any e2 images that can compress recordings (while recording)? I think the answer is no but I'll check anyway.

I use openvix and was gonna give openatv a try, anyone have a good image I could try?

Edit: also, does anyone know the best free software to convert existing .TS recordings to MP4 or Avi?
    My 2 TB hard drive is nearing capacity due to the size of the .ts files and it would be good to compress these to save space.

Handbrake, Format factory or VLC

cork_south wrote: »

You can get openATV here. Make sure to select the correct model of box on the left. If you backup the settings from Vix on your HDD, openATV will offer to use these during the upgrade.
    Xmedia recode or avidemux are easy to use free programs. In my experience changing TS to MP4 or avi needs a lot of horsepower from your PC and takes time. Converting 2TB worth... are you planning any holidays this year? :)

You can get openATV here. Make sure to select the correct model of box on the left. If you backup the settings from Vix on your HDD, openATV will offer to use these during the upgrade.
    Xmedia recode or avidemux are easy to use free programs. In my experience changing TS to MP4 or avi needs a lot of horsepower from your PC and takes time. Converting 2TB worth... are you planning any holidays this year? :)

Thx Gerry, I have openatv installed now, never asked me to restore my openvix settings but I'll config it from scratch.

Tried that tool and tried converting a 12gb TS file, I see what you are saying about how long it takes!

Its crashing scanning for terrestrial channels so its back to OpenVix I go.

16:02:17.2312 { E } Components/Converter/ChannelNumbers.py:47 getTunerDescription [ChannelNumber] nimmanager.getTerrestrialDescription(nim) failed, nim: 0
    16:02:17.2723 { } Components/NimManager.py:750 canBeCompatible [adenin] 1 is NOT multitype
    16:02:17.2739 { } Components/NimManager.py:750 canBeCompatible [adenin] 2 is NOT multitype
    16:02:17.2752 { } Components/NimManager.py:750 canBeCompatible [adenin] 0 is NOT multitype
    16:02:17.2769 { D } Traceback (most recent call last):
    16:02:17.2774 { D } File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 68, in action
    16:02:17.2784 { D } File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 48, in action
    16:02:17.2793 { D } File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/Menu.py", line 77, in okbuttonClick
    16:02:17.2802 { D } File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Tools/BoundFunction.py", line 9, in __call__
    16:02:17.2813 { D } File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/Menu.py", line 92, in runScreen
    16:02:17.2822 { D } File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/Menu.py", line 103, in openDialog
    16:02:17.2830 { D } File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 316, in openWithCallback
    16:02:17.2847 { D } dlg = self.open(screen, *arguments, **kwargs)
    16:02:17.2853 { D } File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 326, in open
    16:02:17.2868 { D } dlg = self.current_dialog = self.instantiateDialog(screen, *arguments, **kwargs)
    16:02:17.2874 { D } File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 264, in instantiateDialog
    16:02:17.2889 { D } return self.doInstantiateDialog(screen, arguments, kwargs, self.desktop)
    16:02:17.2894 { D } File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 286, in doInstantiateDialog
    16:02:17.2909 { D } dlg = screen(self, *arguments, **kwargs)
    16:02:17.2914 { D } File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/ScanSetup.py", line 615, in __init__
    16:02:17.2923 { D } File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/ScanSetup.py", line 1264, in createConfig
    16:02:17.2947 { D } File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens/ScanSetup.py", line 1682, in getTerrestrialRegionsList
    16:02:17.2956 { D } File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/NimManager.py", line 913, in getTerrestrialDescription
    16:02:17.2974 { D } IndexError: list index out of range
    16:02:17.2979 [ E ] python/python.cpp:209 call (PyObject_CallObject(<bound method NumberActionMap.action of <Components.ActionMap.NumberActionMap instance at 0x2efa068c>>,('OkCancelActions', 'ok')) failed)
    ]]>
    </enigma2crashlog>
    </crashlogs>

In openATV press BLUE and select restore from backup. If you have your settings backed up to your HDD it should find them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Nermal

Cheers for this link. Have configured an image from scratch and it seems rock solid.

I had to upgrade from a trusty Hyperion 4.5 image to use this thing:
    https://www.suls.co.uk/enigma2-iptv-bouquets-with-epg/

Seems quite good so far.

Although when reflashing I'm always struck by the picture quality on Spark. It's insane.

Nermal wrote: »
    Cheers for this link. Have configured an image from scratch and it seems rock solid.

I had to upgrade from a trusty Hyperion 4.5 image to use this thing:
    https://www.suls.co.uk/enigma2-iptv-bouquets-with-epg/

Seems quite good so far.

Although when reflashing I'm always struck by the picture quality on Spark. It's insane.
    you would be better using xc Plugin

• Advertisement

Nermal wrote: »

With openATV you don't need to use Spark. It is possible to flash, update or upgrade directly. Press BLUE for SOFTWARE MANAGEMENT

Where do I get picons for saorview and freesat channels !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Nermal

Nowso wrote: »
    you would be better using xc Plugin

What's the advantage?
    With openATV you don't need to use Spark. It is possible to flash, update or upgrade directly. Press BLUE for SOFTWARE MANAGEMENT

True - but you've to get it on there first!

Where do I get picons for saorview and freesat channels !

Here perhaps.
    https://www.picons.eu/
    It's been so long since I uploaded picon. Rats picon was another source. https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/threads/download-rats-picon-updater-plugin.387019/
    Am I imagining it or does cross/cool epg now upload picons from somewhere. I seem to have picons I've not seen before and I haven't tinkered with the picon file in ages.

When I try this using openatv 6.1 there are 182 updates available but through out the process it will invariably fail at some point and freeze the system requiring it to be powered off and on again, any ideas ?

When I try this using openatv 6.1 there are 182 updates available but through out the process it will invariably fail at some point and freeze the system requiring it to be powered off and on again, any ideas ?

Its a long shot, but are you using wifi dongle? Maybe connectivity disappears due to some of the updates. If wifi try wired connection.

BTW, Maplin are flogging Chromecast for €24.95, one per customer, so bring a disguise to your local shop if you want more.

deezell wrote:
    Its a long shot, but are you using wifi dongle? Maybe connectivity disappears due to some of the updates. If wifi try wired connection.

No connected with power line adapter which have been good

182 updates sounds like a lot to update. Backup your settings and do a full image update. It is just as quick.

• Advertisement

the software updates work well u just need a restart after them ,

the only thing that causes crashs in open atv atm is the apps u install

im working on an updated Spark Channel List atm

ill load it in a few days

Advertisement