Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko/Sab/Edision triple Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

So should I be checking open atv for updates regularly and installing all that are available?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Updates are available daily from a very active community. You will only be offered updates for whatever you have already installed. I tend to check roughly every week but that's the anorak in me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Dudz

cork_south wrote: »
    Thx Gerry, I have openatv installed now, never asked me to restore my openvix settings but I'll config it from scratch.

Tried that tool and tried converting a 12gb TS file, I see what you are saying about how long it takes!

VIDEO CONVERT:

XMEDIA RECODE: convert, begin and end of TS, not too slow 1:1 ratio or less
    VIDEOTOVIDEO: converter, commercial editor, faster 1:.5 ratio or less

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I have an Amiko Alien 2 triple tuner. It cam e with Spark and I installed Enigma. This was a few years ago so I've forgotten everything.

The box is acting up now and no longer displays an EPG, channels are all over the place and it also stopped recording (I have 2 feeds from satellite dish into box).

I think it's an old Sky satellite dish. It's pointing at that 28.2E satellite.

Are there any step by step guides? I want to start again, reinstalling Enigma. Not sure if the image has updated since I last did it. Tried googling but not sure where to get the latest images from. Will be getting a Saorview aerial too to get the Irish channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭pegasuspub

can i use openvix image on a sab unix triple tuner ,when i check it lists a few makes and under edision there are 3 options for different edision receivers,
    i am not sure which to use and do not wish to damage the receiver,thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

pegasuspub wrote: »
    can i use openvix image on a sab unix triple tuner ,when i check it lists a few makes and under edision there are 3 options for different edision receivers,

use open atv much netter

open vix dpnt work on sab

vix4 does

Wheety wrote: »
    I have an Amiko Alien 2 triple tuner. It cam e with Spark and I installed Enigma. This was a few years ago so I've forgotten everything.

The box is acting up now and no longer displays an EPG, channels are all over the place and it also stopped recording (I have 2 feeds from satellite dish into box).

I think it's an old Sky satellite dish. It's pointing at that 28.2E satellite.

Are there any step by step guides? I want to start again, reinstalling Enigma. Not sure if the image has updated since I last did it. Tried googling but not sure where to get the latest images from. Will be getting a Saorview aerial too to get the Irish channels.

your image is out of dayte maybe somebody could upload a back up of ther latest open atv

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭postsnthing

Nowso wrote:
    your image is out of dayte maybe somebody could upload a back up of ther latest open atv

A few pages back Gerry Wicklow uploaded an image of openatv 6.1 for aa2+ which I used but you will need to look at changing your saorview location and look at auto bouquet maker, this should get you started and then update from within openatv

A few pages back Gerry Wicklow uploaded an image of openatv 6.1 for aa2+ which I used but you will need to look at changing your saorview location and look at auto bouquet maker, this should get you started and then update from within openatv

there will be updates to load aswell id load mine only id have to edit out stuff 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭cork_south

I use this image and it's excellent http://www.vix4projects.com/forum/showthread.php?21832-ViX4E2PROJECT-4-1-004-blue-amikoalien_usb

Edit: openatv crashes my box when I search for terrestrial channels, seems it works for most people however.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

Openvix don't have an image for the amiko/ sab triple processors if memory serves me. Edision images use different processors.

When I check for updates it’s saying there are 17 available but it’s crashing anytime I try to update it, any ideas?

That’s the screenshot if it makes any sense

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭charleville

I’ve just updated my os mini to open atv 6.1.

I’m having issues connecting it to WiFi can anyone help ??

The traditional route of just inputting vans connecting normally doesn’t seem to work, and I’m not that tech savvy to understand ip and server issues etc...

you need to download the plugin with the railink 5370 drivers and then activate wifi and enter your codes -

ethernet easier set up

Nowso wrote: »
    you need to download the plugin with the railink 5370 drivers and then activate wifi and enter your codes -

ethernet easier set up

Thanks for reply, although I cannot plug Ethernet cable where I have the box.

It’s just saying no internet connection and doesn’t show any easy way to connect it

Nowso wrote: »

ethernet easier set up

It’s just saying no internet connection and doesn’t show any easy way to connect it

either move the box and load the plugin , if u got a homeplug plug it in near box for a while to set it up

or buy a homeplug to use

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

You'll have to bring it to a cable connection or you're going nowhere. It's only to simply get and install the wifi driver

Spark Amiko alien 2 28.2 Channel list 29th November

updated list

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f8z6qathwd6hipd/db_201711290006.zip?dl=0

• Advertisement

Would someone please post up the exact settings I should have in samba please?

how.gareth wrote: »
    Would someone please post up the exact settings I should have in samba please?

Assumimg you have shared folders on your network devices, (PC, USB disk on your router etc), You run samba on the box, scan for folders, and mount them. If running samba the first time, you should save settings first to create the blank config file. This was how I done it in PKT hyperion, but I havn't used it in ages, I found it easier, quicker and more relaible to just unplug the HDD and pop it on the PC for big media file transfers. Search the old thread in post #1 here with the word Samba.

deezell wrote: »
    Assumimg you have shared folders on your network devices, (PC, USB disk on your router etc), You run samba on the box, scan for folders, and mount them. If running samba the first time, you should save settings first to create the blank config file. This was how I done it in PKT hyperion, but I havn't used it in ages, I found it easier, quicker and more relaible to just unplug the HDD and pop it on the PC for big media file transfers. Search the old thread in post #1 here with the word Samba.

When I installed open atv my sab box just automatically appeared on my laptop network without me doing anything but when I install Hyperion it’s not showing, my box finds my laptop when I scan the network and I can log into the box on my laptop via webif but I can’t figure out anyway to transfer files without samba working

When I installed open atv my sab box just automatically appeared on my laptop network without me doing anything but when I install Hyperion it’s not showing, my box finds my laptop when I scan the network and I can log into the box on my laptop via webif but I can’t figure out anyway to transfer files without samba working

From almost 2 years ago.

Originally Posted by Gerry Wicklow
    Samba server is installed by default in Hyperion but not activated.

BLUE PANEL > MOUNT CENTER > SMB SERVER

Hit SAVE SETTINGS first or you will get an error saying 'cant find config file'. Save creates the config file. Then RUN. It should start with the box by default from then onwards. You should then be able to access your HDD from any networked device.

deezell wrote: »
    From almost 2 years ago.

Originally Posted by Gerry Wicklow
    Samba server is installed by default in Hyperion but not activated.

BLUE PANEL > MOUNT CENTER > SMB SERVER

Hit SAVE SETTINGS first or you will get an error saying 'cant find config file'. Save creates the config file. Then RUN. It should start with the box by default from then onwards. You should then be able to access your HDD from any networked device.

Cheers yeah I’ve tried that already but stilll no joy, it’s says settings saved, then it says samba is running but still no sign of it on my laptop, do I need to enter any details in the ip host address? Mine is blank

If you want to download a recording from the box you can do that in Webif. Download and install Filezilla will allow you to access all files on the box.

If you want to download a recording from the box you can do that in Webif. Download and install Filezilla will allow you to access all files on the box.

It’s mainly using the box to watch something that’s on the laptop like a download

Silly Q. Did you reboot the box after setting up samba as above?

Cheers yeah I’ve tried that already but stilll no joy, it’s says settings saved, then it says samba is running but still no sign of it on my laptop, do I need to enter any details in the ip host address? Mine is blank

Sorry, so assumed you'd fill this in. Box IP and the folders you want to share. Red to save, then green to run and exit
    435433.png

• Advertisement

Silly Q. Did you reboot the box after setting up samba as above?

Yep numerous times!!

Advertisement