Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko/Sab/Edision triple Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

deezell wrote: »
    There's a 3rd party app called Smart IPTV which works on Samsung and LG TVs, ostensibly for external iptv playlist viewing, but could be used to watch you box via a playlist of it's channels, which is effectively the box ip and port plus the channel id. There seems to be a menu item in the app for connecting to Dreambox enigma 2, which might import your box channels. Here's a screenshot from a YouTube how to video. Have a look at https://youtu.be/mecSTQdcRxc
    I don't have a Smart tv to fiddle with this, plus it requires a small fee to activate

I actually have that app on the tv at the mo running a iptv sub. I'll give it a go and hopefully I can figure it out, thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Hi guys,

My OS3 + is telling me I don't have enigma2. Where can I get it and how do I install it?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

JOSman wrote: »
    Hi guys,

My OS3 + is telling me I don't have enigma2. Where can I get it and how do I install it?

Thanks

The very first post in this thread has a link for installing it in the amiko alien box. Not familiar with the Edison but there is a separate thread on here in the satellite forum that deals with other boxes running enigma 2 like the Edison and I'm sure someone on there would be able to help you out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Stick an image on a usb stick and insert it before turning the box on. Not sure of what directory to use on the usb stick - google it

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Partymack

Howdy!

I'm in Wexford and I have lost some channels on Astra - More 4, E4, ITV2, itv4 and few others.

They all seem to be on the two transponders (10729 V and 10758 V) and there is no signal level showing on the signal meter for these on OpenAtv.

I checked the Satelite on the weekend and repositioned it according to strongest signal on sat meter but still no go on E4 etc.

I've also ftp'd a new Satelite's XML to see if chat worked and ran a blind scan but no joy.

Any other ideas folks? I'm using Edision OS3. Btw all the other channels seem fine -(BBC, itv etc) good signal strength etc.

Appreciate any help

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Check your satellite connection to the back of the box . refresh it , might just help

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Partymack

Nowso wrote: »
    Check your satellite connection to the back of the box . refresh it , might just help

Cheers Nowso - what do you mean refresh it? As in pare the cable and see if it's a cabling/connection issue?

yes it could be that . could be at the connection to the lnb either

Have you lost ALL Vertical transponders or does it just appear to be those rwo specific ones ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Just bought a Edision OS mini. Whats the general consensus here regarding the best image? Mine currently has the latest openvix installed.

• Advertisement

For anyone running IPTV on an Enigma2 box, you might be interested in the following which will simply do a "Restart GUI" in order to reload the EPG (to change a weekly Football bouquet). You simply need to issue the command "killall enigma2".

A good solution would be to add this to a CRON job to execute maybe every Saturday morning at 04:00am

1. Telnet to your box and login with the username "root" (or whatever your box login is)
    2. Once logged in, type "crontab -e"
    3. Hit "i" for Insert
    4. Type the following "0 4 * * 6 killall enigma2"
    5. Press ESC
    6. Press ":wq<RET>"

Crontab can be used to execute any commands in the backround. The format / use of the command is as follows

* * * * * command to be executed
    - - - - -
    | | | | |
    | | | | +
    day of week (0 - 6) (Sunday=0)
    | | | +
    month (1 - 12)
    | | +
    day of month (1 - 31)
    | +
    hour (0 - 23)
    +
    min (0 - 59)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Just bought a Edision OS mini. Whats the general consensus here regarding the best image? Mine currently has the latest openvix installed.

Openatv is the best ,the picture quality on Vix is terrible .

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

Zardoz wrote: »
    Openatv is the best ,the picture quality on Vix is terrible .

Would that advice apply equally to the OS Mega?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Zardoz

peking97 wrote: »
    Would that advice apply equally to the OS Mega?

I dont have the Mega so cant really comment ,but I find the Vix picture quality poor in general.
    The contrast levels are through the roof ,gamma levels are too low .
    The whites are clipped and the blacks crushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mjatkey

Hi,

I have OS mega running the latest Vix4Projects image. Have added the XCplugin and loaded a sub which works well.

Then started messing with the wget -O /etc/enigma2/iptv.sh (missing info) && chmod 777 /etc/enigma2/iptv.sh && /etc/enigma2/iptv.sh which again works well and have sorted all the required streams and added to my own boquets.

Trouble is I just can't get the EPG import function to work, although I set it to import IPTV (rytec) and it says some 10,000 odd entries have been added none appear in the EPG data.

What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks

🌞 6.96kWp PV System. West Dublin🌞

open atv 6 or 6.1 which is what im using with that plugin . works well

Nowso wrote: »
    open atv 6 or 6.1 which is what im using with that plugin . works well
    Sorry what I mean is when I have the channels as a bouquet not when using the xc plugin.
    Thanks

a lot of boxs wont play as good as when using the plugin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭deezell

mjatkey wrote: »
    Hi,

I have OS.........
    ......Trouble is I just can't get the EPG import function to work, although I set it to import IPTV (rytec) and it says some 10,000 odd entries have been added none appear in the EPG data.

What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks
    It's likely the service reference numbers in your bouquets channel list of iptv channels do not match the service ref numbers for that channel on the download, so the epg data, if it's there, is not being associated with your channel entries. Have you left the skyastra 28.2 source of epg active?
    It's similar in the past to when you had more than one TP tuned for a satellite channel, say 3 or 4 different Skysport 1 entries, but only one or 2 showed epg as it's service ref matched the one downloaded by cross epg. You can indeed copy the service refs from satellite channel entries which still have working epg but no pictures anymore, and paste these refs into the iptv channel service list entries. tedious but it will work, at least until your .m3u file may have to be reloaded to point to a new source of IPTV streams. A little bodge is to just add the dead satellite channels with working epg into the same bouquet as the working iptv channels. You have two entries for each channel, dead sat one with epg and a working iptv one with no epg. Timed recording won't be possible though. Finally, this link might lead you to a solution.
    http://www.techkings.org/threads/xc-plugin.120452/

Hi Guys, thanks for your replies will check them out, I know what you mean about taking the service refs and adding them to the streams but that would take me for ever, not that fussed was really wondering if anyone had any joy using the EPG import function for those channels? Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi Guys, looking for a dig out. So the sub I was using on the OS Mega I have added to the brother in laws Amiko Alien using the XC plugin.
    So problem is I have new sub which is fine on the XC plugin but I have not been able to recreate the channel list like I did with the first sub.

I have tried this wget -O /etc/enigma2/iptv.sh (missing info) && chmod 777 /etc/enigma2/iptv.sh && /etc/enigma2/iptv.sh and wget -O /etc/enigma2/iptv.sh "http://185.71.66.24:8000/get.php?user...&quot; && chmod 777 /etc/enigma2/iptv.sh && /etc/enigma2/iptv.sh BUt neither of then create the channel list.

Is it that the new sub doesn't allow it or am i doing something wrong?

Is there another way of taking the sub http, user, pass etc and converting into channel list?

Thanks

Hi Guys, looking for a dig out. So the sub I was using on the OS Mega I have added to the brother in laws Amiko Alien using the XC plugin.
    So problem is I have new sub which is fine on the XC plugin but I have not been able to recreate the channel list like I did with the first sub.

I have tried this wget -O /etc/enigma2/iptv.sh (missing info) && chmod 777 /etc/enigma2/iptv.sh && /etc/enigma2/iptv.sh and wget -O /etc/enigma2/iptv.sh "http://185.71.66.24:8000/get.php?user...&quot; && chmod 777 /etc/enigma2/iptv.sh && /etc/enigma2/iptv.sh BUt neither of then create the channel list.

Is it that the new sub doesn't allow it or am i doing something wrong?

Is there another way of taking the sub http, user, pass etc and converting into channel list?

Thanks
    Separate sub or trying to use the same one twice? If the latter you're probably restricted to your own IP address, and a limited no. of simultaneous connections.
    Second question, you can generally download the .m3u file from the stream url, something like this,
    http : //url:port-no/get.php?username=usename&password=password&type=m3u_plus&output=ts

You can convert this file to a bouquet using little web utility called m3u2boquet, then you upload the converted channel list into an existing bouquet file on the box, reboot and channel appear in that bouquet.

Hi, No its new sub, my god didn't even cop that the sub will give you the file. So now have m3u file I'll give the converter a go. Thanks for your help

Hi, Ok have that in the Edision now converted into channel list but none play. What type of file should I convert them to? Thanks

Hi, Ok have that in the Edision now converted into channel list but none play. What type of file should I convert them to? Thanks

Channel entries should be TS. I don't currently have a sub but this worked for me on a test sub for few days on my Sab triple.

Hi, yes Gstreamer seems to have done the trick, must admit although there are loads more channesl than the other sub, the quality is not as good, now to start on creating a useful file. Thanks again.

The normal idea of this script is to validate your allocated username and password and then to download the bouquets to your box. An error in your Telnet session should indicate the issue. I would have expected a ddns name rather than the ip address in the script so maybe that ip is no longer valid.

I hadn't copped that you get the m3u file from your sub.

http : //url:port-no/get.php?username=usename&password=password&type=m3u_plus&output=ts

So got that then used a plugin on the Edision to convert to bouquet with channels and all good.

Just need to work on a decent/simple epg set up.

Thanks

I hadn't copped that you get the m3u file from your sub.

So got that then used a plugin on the Edision to convert to bouquet with channels and all good.

Just need to work on a decent/simple epg set up.

Thanks
    Work is the word. Channels probably have no EPG, the service ref. No. of each channel doesn't correspond to a service ref downloaded from cross epg. You can cut and paste valid service refs from non functioning satellite channels to the IP stream version of the same channell. It works. Problem with some IPTV suppliers is that the urls of the .m3u file/ channels may change, hence they deliver via an IPTV plugin to update this. You will have to either manually download the .m3u and start over, or else find/ replace the urls in all the channel entries, which would be much easier and would preserve service refs you might have worked on. I'd worry about that if/ when it happens. Some IPTV plugins and subs have full epg function, I've not got that far yet.

• Advertisement

Hi, yes indeed not that bothered as you said earlier just add the dead one and use that to check.
    Trying the lululla Xc plugin at the moment works well on the Edision allows recording but on the Amiko A it just crashes so have left the mage one on that for now works well enough for the box.
    One thing I do notice it the picture quality of the Amiko is better than both the Edision and the CloudI box I have, might even swap it for the Cloud box once the sub (mac plugin) runs out unless anyone has messed with swapping macs around?

Thanks

Advertisement