Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 8), Apr 7-8

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

7.30 KO at Turners Cross tonight apparently. Only found this out looking at a TV schedule. Id imagine there will be many who wont realise this and rock up at the usual time.

Should be a big crowd regardless. Hopefully we can keep up our great start against a very wounded Derry side. I wish them all the best but I hope their bounce back starts next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

gimmick wrote: »
    7.30 KO at Turners Cross tonight apparently. Only found this out looking at a TV schedule. Id imagine there will be many who wont realise this and rock up at the usual time.

Should be a big crowd regardless. Hopefully we can keep up our great start against a very wounded Derry side. I wish them all the best but I hope their bounce back starts next week.

It's a farce that RTE Two get away with the stupid kick off times. The scheduling afterwards is not important for a 15 minute difference in kick off.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Really need to get a win against Sligo, with our next two fixtures Cork and Dundalk. We're badly hit by injuries, especially up front. Pity Sligo couldn't wait another game to change manager :rolleyes:.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

We generally beat Finn Harps with little fuss but it could be closer up there this evening. They've been competitive in every game they've played so far while we haven't really been firing on all cylinders just yet. Michael Duffy improving each week. Hopefully his pace and skill can prove the difference. Even at this early stage of the season we can't afford to be dropping points in games like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Pighead wrote: »
    We generally beat Finn Harps with little fuss but it could be closer up there this evening. They've been competitive in every game they've played so far while we haven't really been firing on all cylinders just yet. Michael Duffy improving each week. Hopefully his pace and skill can prove the difference. Even at this early stage of the season we can't afford to be dropping points in games like this.

Dundalk have had small flashes of brilliance surrounded by averageness in most games this season. Players not gelling, injuries and absolute dross in goals and up front ha resulted in a slow start. I've said it at the start of the season and haven't changed my mind. If we are within six points of Cork by summer break we have a good chance to retain. No more room for mistakes now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Say we'll struggle against Cabo, they seem to be steaming ahead this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Very good crowd down in Turner's Cross. Good save by Doherty there.

Hopefully there is no new manager bounce for Limerick tonight. Fagan is out for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I see they have a Swedish flag at half mast over the stand opposite the TV camera down at Turner's Cross. Nice touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Id take your arm off for a point down in Cork tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Shocking reffing in the battle of the cities

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

3-0 is a real statement all the same. Could it be Cork's year? Some great play out of their front line here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Bad result. Had our chance to equalise, blew it and then allowed Limerick to score again on the break. Disappointing after the last two league matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Shels up to second with a late win away to Cabo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Happy with another win, back on track after some infuriating results!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Very regulation 3-0 win for City tonight. McGuire is different class. The amount of running he does is unreal. Shepard having the season of his career. And with McCormack in the form he is in I don't see how Bolger ousts him.

Add in that Jimmy Keohane isn't a right full and Beattie isn't fully fit yet we are 8 wins on the spin things are looking nice and rosy for us.

Great crowd of 5250.

Also. Lol at Shamrocks and their "manager".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

A dour 0-0 in Wexford by the sounds of it. Oh well another point to be grateful for..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Maguires goal tonight reminded me of a Romario finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

May I say I thought we were beautiful tonight.

A joy to watch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

May I say I thought we were beautiful tonight.

A joy to watch

You must have seen a different game than me.

I thought it was poor stuff. Derry tried to play but they have a gaping hole at the back. It was sad to watch.

Cork were efficient, but nothing more than that.

The story of the night was at Hunk Dorys. I didn't see that coming. Bradley must be worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Cork are doing great. Good team but not that great to watch imo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The story of the night was at Hunk Dorys. I didn't see that coming. Bradley must be worried.

Not getting a win was not much of a surprise, Rovers could concede goals to anyone, but given they had equalised after 89 minutes and against ten men, they still couldn't see out a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

I thought it was poor stuff. Derry tried to play but they have a gaping hole at the back. It was sad to watch.

Cork were efficient, but nothing more than that.

Someday, maybe someday soon, you might put the forced rivalry to one side and just admit that Cork City are a good team. Iv watched the game back in the last while seeing as im a sad fcuker staying in on a Friday night and while large chunks of the 1st half were poor, some of the stuff City played in the second half was top top class, only Dundalk and Cork City can play football like that on this island and I dont think there will be anyone able to catch either team again this year.

We certainly look like a different beast all togheter this year, and the scary thing is that we've only been turning it on for ~40 ish minutes a game so far, if we can turn it upto ~75 mins then we'll go all the way, remains to be seen can we not bottle it though.

9 points after 8 games for Rovers is surely leaving fans questioning Bradley? Are Drogheda a so called top team or was it the fact it was their cup final?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

We blew Derry away in the second half. Really was expecting a much tighter half with only 1 goal in it at half time but cut them to pieces at times, especially in that 20 min spell in the 2nd half. I genuinely don't know how someone couldn't see that we played well tonight, should have added quite a few more and wouldn't have been unfair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

:pac:

We must have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

CHealy wrote: »
    Someday, maybe someday soon, you might put the forced rivalry to one side and just admit that Cork City are a good team.

I've been saying for some time that Cork are a good team. They are capable of playing a lot better than last night.

It was a good efficient performance but some of the plaudits from your own fans were OTT.

However, efficient performances like last night are what makes champions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Badly needed win tonight. We played well for the first 15 mins, Bohs were the better team for most of the rest.

The little lad in the middle for Bohs is quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Badly needed win tonight. We played well for the first 15 mins, Bohs were the better team for most of the rest.

Fuad Sule is his name.
    He was at Pat's u19s. Been impressed whenever I have seen him as well.

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »
    Fuad Sule is his name.
    He was at Pat's u19s. Been impressed whenever I have seen him as well.
    I can see him going a long way, very impressive tonight.

Just seen that was his debut, makes it all the more impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Shels up to second with a late win away to Cabo.

Loving the last min goals this season, Cobh away now Cabo away.

Reading on Foot.ie there was under 100 at Wexford -v- Longford with just 11 fans....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Loving the last min goals this season, Cobh away now Cabo away.

Reading on Foot.ie there was under 100 at Wexford -v- Longford with just 11 fans....

Approx 200 at the game

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Lack of striker killed us. Badly need Dinny back.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Best chant I've heard in ages came from the Bohs fans on Saturday night.

"Rafael Cretaro..we paid for your hair"

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Lack of striker killed us. Badly need Dinny back.
    Was he busy playing gah again?

• Advertisement
Advertisement