Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oppressive moderation in blogging forum

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Vegeta wrote: »
    Yes

Cool. And threads which defame people should be closed, it's only right and I don't argue with that. However blogger threads have been closed in the past for "gossiping", which none of us were doing. We were discussing blogger content. It would be like closing the LLS thread or the thread on the Ray Darcy show because the posters were "gossiping", by discussing show content.
    Bloggers are advertisers and as consumers we should have every right to comment on shady practices.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

anna080 wrote: »
    Bloggers are advertisers and as consumers we should have every right to comment on shady practices.

Not every blogger is an advertiser or doing deals with PR companies & brands. I do think it's important to make that distinction. There is no doubt that some social influencers are being economical with the truth (to say the least) but it's important not to tar all of them with the same brush.

I'll illustrate with an example. If it was mentioned in a post that "influencer X" failed to have #ad or #spon, and subsequently "influencer X" was indeed able to demonstrate that #ad/#spon was not required in that instance, then we're into a potential problem. In this case "influencer X" could claim there was a defamatory statement made about them.

Once appropriate ground rules have been set in the new forum, the discussion can continue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

I think a sticky with the rules of #ad would be needed also. It does irritate me when people say along the lines of "They obviously got a free lunch, where is the #ad." As opposed to "blogger has #ad on Instagram but no mention on Snapchat."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

My 2c on all this - I'm a frequent visitor to this forum and I can see both sides. I posted in the forum request too. I think that threads have been closed unnecessarily, but I also really feel for Biko moderating on his own. I work in social media and I know how fast it moves, so any new forum would need to be incredibly robust with enough mods. I think a blogger forum alone is too specific, and I don't think there's enough "technical" issues to maintain the current Blogs/Wiki/Social forum alone. E.g. if I'm having an issue with my wordpress blog I'd go to the Development or Design forums, not here. I think a rethink of the current forum, and maybe a change of location would be preferable to having two forums.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement