Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

farming bargains / deals

• 07-04-2017 4:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭joeyboy12345

Would it be a good idea to have a thread where we could post good value or deals in farming products that are available to the general public? I got two geared fencing reels in homeland for €25 each today that i saw in the paper, thought it was great value. Lots of deals we all miss so a little heads up here could do us all a favour!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Would it be a good idea to have a thread where we could post good value or deals in farming products that are available to the general public? I got two geared fencing reels in homeland for €25 each today that i saw in the paper, thought it was great value. Lots of deals we all miss so a little heads up here could do us all a favour!

Great idea for a thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,926 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

It might be a good idea only issue is you might have salemen registering and putting up there ware as bargains.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭99nsr125

The lack of posts is the giveaway in that situation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭joeyboy12345

It might be a good idea only issue is you might have salemen registering and putting up there ware as bargains.

Wel i dont mind them putting them up if theyre a bargain, im more talking deals in coops ect like i mentioned!

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭croot

Wel i dont mind them putting them up if theyre a bargain, im more talking deals in coops ect like i mentioned!
    I got two of them as well. Great value. There is 500m of polywire for 9.99 there to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭mayota

croot wrote: »
    I got two of them as well. Great value. There is 500m of polywire for 9.99 there to.

What brand are they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Arrabawn have 'elephant' branded geared reels for €27. They are no Gallagher reel but at half the price ypu wouldn't expect them to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭TalkingBull

Muckit wrote: »
    Arrabawn have 'elephant' branded geared reels for €27. They are no Gallagher reel but at half the price ypu wouldn't expect them to be.

are they selling online somewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

are they selling online somewhere?

I don't think they are online.

mayota wrote:
    What brand are they?

The reels are germinal

• Advertisement

mayota wrote: »
    What brand are they?
    Germinal hardware for the reels and wire. Never heard of them but ive a roll of it up now and it looks
    fine. It's reading 9.9 on the fence tester

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭massey woman

croot wrote: »
    Germinal hardware for the reels and wire. Never heard of them but ive a roll of it up now and it looks
    fine. It's reading 9.9 on the fence tester

where do you get a fence tester that reads that high I have 2 annd both are max 5000

Its a digital one. I bought it years ago off FRS I think. This is it

https://www.pel.co.nz/en/product/pv18-digital-voltmeter

Funnily enough when I was looking for it I came across this link and this reel looks the exact same as the one I got from homeland. Some price difference.

https://www.agridirect.ie/product/geared-fencing-reel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Lambman

https://www.facebook.com/groups/564488387058951/permalink/766680200173101/ ..... stole this from Facebook but is a really good cheap idea that serves a purpose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭The part time boy

Lambman wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/564488387058951/permalink/766680200173101/ ..... stole this from Facebook but is a really good cheap idea that serves a purpose.

Broken link ??

How do i post pictures

croot wrote:
    Funnily enough when I was looking for it I came across this link and this reel looks the exact same as the one I got from homeland. Some price difference.

Wow thats some difference,although they seem over priced there as it is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭mikefoxo

Bought 20l of Roundup in Glanbia Ashford for €120, that seems like good value to me, though I haven't bought the stuff in ages. Did I get a bargain or is that the going rate? There was one left yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

mikefoxo wrote: »
    Bought 20l of Roundup in Glanbia Ashford for €120, that seems like good value to me, though I haven't bought the stuff in ages. Did I get a bargain or is that the going rate? There was one left yesterday

Buy rosate, much cheaper imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭mikefoxo

Never heard of it. Active ingredient is glyphosate I presume? How much would it go for. Also, the father has always gone for the brand name of things, like a lot of us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,784 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

We got one called Ardee, think it was 80 euro for 20 litres, does the job just as good as round up imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

whelan2 wrote: »
    We got one called Ardee, think it was 80 euro for 20 litres, does the job just as good as round up imo

That a local product up your way.

That a local product up your way.
    I am not sure where its made but asked in local farm store for 20 litres of round up and lad at counter said did I want the cheaper one, so I got it. Will look at label tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

whelan2 wrote: »
    I am not sure where its made but asked in local farm store for 20 litres of round up and lad at counter said did I want the cheaper one, so I got it. Will look at label tomorrow

The name jumped out as being the same as the town in louth. I never heard of it as a weedkiller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

mikefoxo wrote: »

very hard to get a deal in the glanbia shops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

https://www.ifa.ie/price_surveys/glyphosate-price-survey/#.WPfSweDTXqA
    Go down as far as roundup and rosate for 30e price difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭visatorro

Peracetic acid 40 euro cheaper on magenta than in glanbia store. Dunno about brands but never had any bother with stuff from magenta.

• Advertisement

visatorro wrote: »
    Peracetic acid 40 euro cheaper on magenta than in glanbia store. Dunno about brands but never had any bother with stuff from magenta.

Only problem is the packaging. Way too much wrapping on everything. Takes ages to open.

Advertisement