Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

farming bargains / deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Some good prices in Atkins Farm Shop Cork & online for anyone looking for a welding shield or combi grinder set:

SIP 02884 Meteor 2300 Electronic Headshield €50.00

Cheaper one SIP 02883 Meteor 2185 Electronic Welding Headshield €39.00

I also saw this Hitachi Grinder Twin Pack €139.00 which mentioned a few pages back instore for a few € less.

As mentioned in Bargain Alerts elsewhere on Boards:

Halfords Advanced 10pc Metric Spanner Set only €6 for anyone interested, lifetime warranty on these
    Hal Adv 10pc Metric Spanner Set

Halfords Advanced AF Combination 7pc Spanner Set €18, not as big a bargain but cheaper than usual
    Halfords Advanced AF Combination Sp...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭DJ98

https://www.donedeal.ie/quads-for-sale/quad-mounted-spot-boom-sprayers-50-amp-100-litre-/14988168

Does anyone know if them sprayers are worth the money? Seem very cheap for a sprayer with booms, usual price is well over 300euro or at least thats what other adds state.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Have one, haven't used it for the last few years. It's knapsack spraying without the flexibility, ya can't really sit on the quad and spray as ya drive on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Bought a pair of 15 watt LED work lamps for the Fiat in our local tractor spares place.
    20 Euro each, which was the cheapest lamp they had.
    24/7 brand.

So had a look on eBay, and picked this guy

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10PCs-48W-LED-Work-Lights-Beam-Spot-Lamp-For-SUV-Jeep-RV-Truck-Off-Road-ATV/201847470394?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144&_mwBanner=1&redirect=mobile

Ordered 10 last Thursday, and they were delivered today.

Fitted 2 to the front of the Fiat today, and they have impressive output.

At about 7 Euro each, for a 48 watt lamp, they're 40 Euro cheaper EACH compared to the local motor factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,994 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Nekarsulm wrote:
    Bought a pair of 15 watt LED work lamps for the Fiat in our local tractor spares place. 20 Euro each, which was the cheapest lamp they had. 24/7 brand.

Nekarsulm wrote:
    So had a look on eBay, and picked this guy

Nekarsulm wrote:
    Ordered 10 last Thursday, and they were delivered today.

Nekarsulm wrote:
    Fitted 2 to the front of the Fiat today, and they have impressive output.

Nekarsulm wrote:
    At about 7 Euro each, for a 48 watt lamp, they're 40 Euro cheaper EACH compared to the local motor factors.

Did u just wire them up instead of the old spots?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Did u just wire them up instead of the old spots?

The old spot lamps have long been missing, so mounted these ( had to drill new holes, due to design of bracket ) and ran new cable to the new lamps.
    They only draw a small current, so haven't used relays, just a simple switch.
    Might change that and incorporate an online fuse holder in the feed line.

They're made in China, seller is based in Hong Kong, and lamps were dispatched from Bremen in Germany!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭discodaveirl

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    The old spot lamps have long been missing, so mounted these ( had to drill new holes, due to design of bracket ) and ran new cable to the new lamps.

They're made in China, seller is based in Hong Kong, and lamps were dispatched from Bremen in Germany!

Bought these 10 approx 4 years ago.. not used to many of them... one we wired 24v as they were stated to be dual 12-24v.. noticed soon after that 3 individual Leds werent working... not the biggest issue as they are bright anyways... cost around €100-120 for the 10 around then but individually they were much dearer..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,807 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Got a Sledge Hammer in Lidl for €15 yesterday.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users Posts: 18,579 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Nekarsulm wrote: »

Your correct in thinking that the lamps don't really draw enough for a relay..However reflecting their price I'd stick in a fuse to protect against a short occurring and burning the whole gig.. €5 well spent..

This might be of interest to some, there's lots of discounts at Halfords until Monday 2nd October.

Including an extra 15% of hand tools, lifting & storage http://www.halfords.ie/workshop-tools :cool:

Many socket sets are currently already at half price so now is a very good time to get a set if you have been waiting for a price drop.

The 200 piece kit for example is €210 at the moment, less 15% is €178.50

If you use this voucher for 10% off you can get it for €160.65

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Dairygold have an offer on feed bins from spirofeed and Crowleys for September. I pass spirofeed every night and there's some amount of new bins lined up since this offer started compared to before the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭50HX

battery charger in lidl for 20e....doesn't seem to charge my tractor battery though::(

50HX wrote: »
    battery charger in lidl for 20e....doesn't seem to charge my tractor battery though::(

It should. I have one of those lidl ones and it works fine for me. You have to press the big red button on left to take if from motorbike mode to car for it to work.

It should. I have one of those lidl ones and it works fine for me. You have to press the big red button on left to take if from motorbike mode to car for it to work.

when i press it that buttom it flashes 6v then shows a larger battery

must look at it again.. thanks

plugged it in this morning before heading to work and still reading 6.2 when i got back at lunch time

6V is for motorbikes.
    Is it this one? Wait a few secs after pressing the red button.

6V is for motorbikes.
    Is it this one? Wait a few secs after pressing the red button.

that's the one

thanks patsy..will try that 2mor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭mayota

when i press it that buttom it flashes 6v then shows a larger battery

must look at it again.. thanks

plugged it in this morning before heading to work and still reading 6.2 when i got back at lunch time

I have one and it won't charge if the battery is gone below 10ish volts. Pain in the hole.

mayota wrote: »
    I have one and it won't charge if the battery is gone below 10ish volts. Pain in the hole.
    I use a second 12v car battery I have for the fencer when that happens. Connect both betteries with jump leads (+ to +, - to -) and then connect charger. It tricks it. ;)

I use a second 12v car battery I have for the fencer when that happens. Connect both betteries with jump leads (+ to +, - to -) and then connect charger. It tricks it. ;)

your spot on patsy..i was able to select the car programme once i did this

charging away now.. i assume it'll charge both batteries now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Dairygold have an offer on feed bins from spirofeed and Crowleys for September. I pass spirofeed every night and there's some amount of new bins lined up since this offer started compared to before the offer.

Can't beat posting a special offer that's months long on the last day. Lol

your spot on patsy..i was able to select the car programme once i did this

charging away now.. i assume it'll charge both batteries now

It should but I normally disconnect them after an hour or so and then charge them one by one. There's usually one more urgently needed than the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Tomjim

any offers on the JFC mealbin, they are very expensive, just wondering if there were any offers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭kk.man

Tomjim wrote: »
    any offers on the JFC mealbin, they are very expensive, just wondering if there were any offers

I think Quinn's of Baltinglass has an offer on those atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭squinn2912

My tractor radio has packed in. I think it's the speakers because I can still very faintly hear it but not above the noise of the tractor. Has anybody got any cheap and easy options for me to get the radio going again before I have to listen to myself sing??

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

Speaker from a scrap car. Just replace the old one. 2 connections on speaker. Easy peasy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Jb1989

squinn2912 wrote: »
    My tractor radio has packed in. I think it's the speakers because I can still very faintly hear it but not above the noise of the tractor. Has anybody got any cheap and easy options for me to get the radio going again before I have to listen to myself sing??

Make sure and check the settings on the radio first,
    The setting that adjusts from front to back speakers,
    My radio got adjusted to the front speakers from the back speakers, except my tractor doesn't have front speakers.... could still hear a faint volume in the back speakers.
    This was rectified after setting adjustments.

Advertisement