Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

farming bargains / deals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Dozer1

he had 3 for sale all sold now,
    I'd imagine they'll have more in time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

This might be of interest to some of the Cork members https://www.atkins.ie have their 23% vat amount off sale again :cool:

Atkins.jpg

Atkins Bandon.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

Ah sh1te have you any comeback?

Naa they gone with the wind I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

Dozer1 wrote: »
    was in the market for a new fence tester, chanced this one from ebay from the US 64 euro delivered to the door took about 10 days to get here, 143 euro in the coop, saved nearly the price of a bale of silage

https://www.coopsuperstores.ie/Gallagher-Smartfix-Fault-Finder-0761190

Did you get charged vat by customs or did it slip through?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Dozer1

Slipped through to my surprise, even with customs it would have been cheaper than here

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Lidl have work trousers (and shorts:rolleyes:) for €11. If you look there might be a box of O rings left from last week as well, I think they were €4.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,734 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

There's magnets for holding welding jobs in lidl today 4.99.
    The trouble is with magnets you can't just buy one as another one sticks to it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

blue5000 wrote: »
    Lidl have work trousers (and shorts:rolleyes:) for €11. If you look there might be a box of O rings left from last week as well, I think they were €4.

Shorts on special offer 8.99 this week, or you could cut the legs off last week's trousers;).

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

They had sets of 3/8 drive sockets last week. Great value at 9.99.
    Bough them last year, and they are as good quality as any mainstream brand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,784 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Alot of lads won't buy tools etc in aldi/lidl. I find them great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

whelan2 wrote: »

Cant remember laat time i was in a lidl\aldi. Hate the way its all lidl and aldi stuff rather in tesco and supervalue there is a choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,615 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Cant remember laat time i was in a lidl\aldi. Hate the way its all lidl and aldi stuff rather in tesco and supervalue there is a choice

Serious saving for us shopping on Aldi compared to Tesco/SuperValu. €50-€70 a week saves for four of us. That includes meat and some wine/beer.

Fruit and veg we try and buy in a veg stand or shop.

whelan2 wrote: »

They are good for most work, very heavy seized stuff might be too much for the wrenches and sockets but I just use impact sockets and a torque wrench for tight stuff, they cane from Aldi too.
    Have a compressor and airlines in the garage too.

It's nearly a shock to go into any of the local supermarkets now.

The shop in our town, which is some class of a UK based group called Today's Extra ( they bought it when the Centra owners went bust) has cream crackers at 1.80 per packet and Lidl is 63 cent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    It's nearly a shock to go into any of the local supermarkets now.

The shop in our town, which is some class of a UK based group called Today's Extra ( they bought it when the Centra owners went bust) has cream crackers at 1.80 per packet and Lidl is 63 cent.

That part of Fresh Today- Ellis' stores?

Jesus.
    I went into a fresh today store in Virginia tombuy veg at Christmas.
    They have a meat counter.

Without exception every piece of meat was from outside Ireland. Pork, chicken Turkeys, beef, sausages, the lot. I literally picked through the fridges and found no Irish meat.

We had a Trolly stacked with the Christmas fruit and veg, probably €120 worth. But I couldn’t shop with them. We just left the trolly there and left. Never ever go back !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

He’s a good few of them around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Wouldn't be in them too often, the cats have taken a liking to their catfood so was in one of them today. Lot of wholesale sort of stuff in the freezers. I'm a massive veg eater and was never too impressed with the freshness of their produce, much much better in Aldi/Lidl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Wouldn't be in them too often, the cats have taken a liking to their catfood so was in one of them today. Lot of wholesale sort of stuff in the freezers. I'm a massive veg eater and was never too impressed with the freshness of their produce, much much better in Aldi/Lidl.

And he is mainly into veg

No Lady, a completely different outfit.
    A UK based firm which (I'm told) bought up a random selection of supermarkets that the Receivers were selling a few years back.
    They have a slightly odd range of grocery brands, as they seem to get supplied from UK wholesalers.

• Advertisement

With genuine Hayes wire strainers running near 100 euro, I took a chance on these Chinese copies off Ebay.co.uk
    25 Sterling all in, posted to an address just over the border.

They seem to work perfectly.

w9YiFvy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

They look the job. Can u screw off the handle?

Yes ,it screws off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Can you send me the link to that nekarsulm??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭squinn2912

What exactly do you do with that? Crank it up and leave the chain on the wire after unscrewing the handle?

squinn2912 wrote: »
    What exactly do you do with that? Crank it up and leave the chain on the wire after unscrewing the handle?

Yeah basically pulls the chain tight. Then tie off wire and release tension. You don't always have to take off handle. Not a big deal but there are times lve found when its handy to do so and it makes it easier to store.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Looks a good job for one man to operate. If we're tightening wire normally lever it round a post and hold it with a bar with a wee gap cut out of it then nail it up. Might get one of those and see how it works. Thanks.

squinn2912 wrote: »

No, after tightening and nailing the wire, you can "reverse " the strainer down the chain. Google "Hayes Wire strainers"

• Advertisement

My father never had or used one of them. Twas all ms barbed wire then. Make a loop and lever it tight with crow bar. Drive staples in til they newrly came out the orher side of the stake!! :D plenty of silage pits made in the corner of the field and had to be fenced off every year!!

I did a stint then one summer with a professional contractor. Had to unlearn all the 'bad' habits and picked up some new tricks.

When u are using Ht wire and have proper strainers, a chain wire strainer is a necessity IMO. I love fencing, always did. Have 2 hayes wire strainers. They were expensive but thry will do any fenci g l have to do and hopefully (please God) lll pass them on down to one of my lads. I still have the oul lads crowbar! But it's only used now to make holes!

Advertisement