Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surface Pro 5

Options
  • 07-04-2017 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭

A few details surfacing today from Paul T.

An upgrade to Kaby lake processors and they will use the same power connector as the Pro 4.

I was hoping MS would ditch their proprietary power connector in favour of USB-C.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Rumored to have kaby lake, 4K screen and USB-C

Hoping 4K screen is optional as I really don't see the point of it on this device. I'd prefer longer battery life.

I wonder will we see Windows on Arm option or will that be for the Surface 5 (non pro) version.

Not sure there is enough there to tempt me to upgrade, but then we just don't know yet do we.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

So this was officially announced there today, as the Surface Pro.

Still no USB-C support, but it has gone fanless on the i5 model, as well as the m3. Other highlights include longer battery life, an upgraded pen, a "Studio hinge" that allows a lower angle, Surface Dial support, and a version with LTE support. The keyboards all come with the Alcantara fabric.

Seems like a solid refinement of what has gone before, but nothing groundbreaking. The most interesting news is that the LTE version may actually be running on the ARM version of windows due later this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

Being released internationally, it will be a fantastic first surface for those countries who are new to it. I'd be all in if I didn't already own an SP4. I'd love extra battery life but I can live without it. Instant on is a great feature but again SP4 is already pretty darn quick to boot up.

Advertisement