Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for the IEC for the second time, just have a question about my application

Options
  • 07-04-2017 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Would really appreciate any input here.

I applied for the IEC work permit two years ago, and got my Conditional Acceptance Letter (CAL), but then withdrew my application as my circumstances had changed and I was no longer in a position to go through with it. I never finished submitting all the required documents and never received a POE.

So, now I'm in the process of applying again (fully committed this time!), I've received and accepted an invitation to apply, and in the "Immigration history and citizenships" section, there's this question:
    "Have you ever applied for or obtained a visa, an eTA or a permit to visit, live, work or study in Canada?"

It also gives me the option to provide a UCI, eTA or permit number, none of which I have on any of the forms I received from them during my first application.

So, will selecting "Yes" here be a problem even though I never continued beyond the CAL stage with my previous application? Should I just select "No"?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 elmerjd

Hey I'm in a similar situation! I can't remember what stage I was at when I previously applied and was worried that I received a POE and that I'm now ineligible. I have no emails to check what stage I was at from 2014. I checked my bank account and saw that I got a refund of the 150CAD eight months later.. Just wondering if you had something similar with the refund and if you eventually got accepted? Cheers :)

Advertisement