Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student loans Query

• 07-04-2017 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm wondering is it possible for the GF to get a student loan. She has no employment and is a full time student.

Could she borrow with me as a guarantor. I'm in full time employment on a good salary.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Media999 wrote: »
    Hi

I'm wondering is it possible for the GF to get a student loan. She has no employment and is a full time student.

Could she borrow with me as a guarantor. I'm in full time employment on a good salary.

Thanks
    [font=Arial","sans-serif]Hi Media999, thanks for getting in touch.[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]We've a number of different student loans available, these vary based on how much she wants to borrow and her circumstances. There's some more information on this here.[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]Loan applications are assessed on a case by case basis and depending on the circumstances we may require a guarantee from a parent or guardian, full details of any guarantee required would be provided in advance.[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Arial","sans-serif]Nicola[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

[font=Arial","sans-serif]Hi Media999, thanks for getting in touch.[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]We've a number of different student loans available, these vary based on how much she wants to borrow and her circumstances. There's some more information on this here.[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]Loan applications are assessed on a case by case basis and depending on the circumstances we may require a guarantee from a parent or guardian, full details of any guarantee required would be provided in advance.[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Arial","sans-serif]Nicola[/font]

Just to be clear.

Can a student with no employment get a loan once they have a parental guarantor assuming no other financial reason why they couldnt such as bad history etc?

Will she walk into a bank and be told she has no employment so they won't even consider it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Media999 wrote: »
    Hi Media999, thanks for getting in touch.

We've a number of different student loans available, these vary based on how much she wants to borrow and her circumstances.  There's some more information on this here.

Loan applications are assessed on a case by case basis and depending on the circumstances we may require a guarantee from a parent or guardian, full details of any guarantee required would be provided in advance.

Thanks
    Nicola

Just to be clear.

Can a student with no employment get a loan once they have a parental guarantor assuming no other financial reason why they couldnt such as bad history etc?

Will she walk into a bank and be told she has no employment so they won't even consider it?
    Hi Media999,

Thank for contacting us here.

Loan applications are assessed case by case basis. It would be best for your girlfriend to speak with an advisor directly to discuss options available to her.

To speak with an advisor your girlfriend can call our sales team on 1890365100; representatives are available Monday – Friday 8am-8pm and 10am-2pm every Saturday.

Alternatively your girlfriend can book an appointment at local branch to meet with an advisor.

See here to book an appointment at branch.

Thanks,

Tara C

Advertisement