Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Claims Bonus

• 08-04-2017 7:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭

I know car insurance is a big issue for returning emigrants but I was wondering how much if any bearing loosing my no claims bonus in New Zealand will affect my premium when we return to Ireland. Some idiot reversed into my wife's car a few weeks ago and made a mess of the passenger door. The nice girl that she was told my wife that she would send her insurance info that night but has ignored any calls and texts since. If we claim for it here will the Irish insurance company ask for any information from my NZ insurance? I dont want to bump up my premium any further than it will be.

We might end up moving to the UK depending on the job situation, if anyone has any info for the same situation there that would be great also.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 TheDalioLama

Hi there. I'm not sure if you're back already OP but I have recently returned from NZ and Allianz are willing to accept my NZ no claims bonus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Just for the sake of discussion, Allianz accepted my no claims history when I moved here from the US and was still legally using my US driving license, resulting in me being quoted as if I was a provisional license holder with the maximum available no-claims bonus. It took a bit of communication with my old insurance company in the US. When I actually did get my provisional license, it made no difference to the policy. When I got my full license, I shopped around and went with a different company, but Allianz was happy to send a no-claims letter to the new company.

Advertisement