Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One no power

Options
  • 08-04-2017 7:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭

So went to fire up the Xbox One after a couple of months without use. Plugged it in and.....nothing....not a peep out of it. No light on front of console or power brick. Went through the recommended troubleshooting steps but no joy. I have the orange light on the brick momentarily but it disappears again. I'm assuming the brick is shagged?! If so where would be my best bet of picking up one at a reasonable price.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Testament1 wrote: »
    So went to fire up the Xbox One after a couple of months without use. Plugged it in and.....nothing....not a peep out of it. No light on front of console or power brick. Went through the recommended troubleshooting steps but no joy. I have the orange light on the brick momentarily but it disappears again. I'm assuming the brick is shagged?! If so where would be my best bet of picking up one at a reasonable price.

If you know anyone with an Xbox One, then I'd test their plug on your machine first, before spending anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭minion35

I'd suggest asking a friend or someone you know with an Xbox One and swap the power brick. If that is the problem I'd suggest Gamestop, CeX or Ebay for a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Fuse gone in the plug?

Edit.

Ah say you get the orange light briefly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

You could ring Microsoft support and say power brick has failed and smell of burning they might get you to return it and send a new one out to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

So just an update, got onto Microsoft live chat and explained my issue. They were of the thinking that the console was the problem since I have a light on the brick until I plug it into the console. They agreed to do a repair under warranty which is great because I only had 1 day left in warranty!

So just gotta get it boxed up and drop it into UPS by the looks of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement