Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of hardcore drive

Options
  • 08-04-2017 8:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi guys
    We will need about 100 hundred metres of a drive on flat dry ground.
    Any ideas what would be "normal"?
    We have had quotes from 2k to 10k
    Confused

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭delfagio

liamdenn wrote:
    Hi guys We will need about 100 hundred metres of a drive on flat dry ground. Any ideas what would be "normal"? We have had quotes from 2k to 10k Confused

Hi Liamdenn

You say a 100m driveway. Is that the total length? What width is the driveway to be and is it currently just grass (field) or has it got any hardcore in place at moment?

Do you want driveway with pebbles, tarmac, asphalt or pavers???

• Registered Users Posts: 35 liamdenn

Hiya
    It is a grass field now. Will be 12 feet wide and we just want a hardcore surface

OK so 12ft wide is 4m.

Therefore the total area is 4m x 100m = 400m2.

Materials 4" hardcore
    For 200mm of 4" hardcore base is 0.2m x 400m = 80m3.
    80m3 is equal to 192tn.
    Therefore you need 192tn of 4" hardcore for a base layer which costs approx 10euro per tonne. So total is 1,920euro less VAT.

Materials cl.804 blinding
    For 150mm of cl.804 blinding over the hardcore is 0.15m x 400m = 60m3.
    60m3 is equal to 144tn.
    Therefore you need 144tn of cl.804 for a blinding layer which costs approx 15euro per tonne. So total is 2,160euro less VAT.

Labour costs
    To have 400m2 of topsoil striped, stockpiled on site and then the required amount of subsoil excavated for installing the hardcore. This will have to include for machine excavator & driver and dumper plus laying, spreading and compaction of hardcore and 804 stone. Rough ballpark would be 2,500euro less VAT

This gives a total of 6,580euro less VAT.

If you require the subsoil to be removed off site after it is excavated then there would be extra costs for this for grab lorry hire.

Hope this helps somewhat. Even as an idea of costs

Apologies Liamdenn 12ft is actually 4m not 5m as I previously worked out so I re-worked the above figures for 4m x 100m. That's was my mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 liamdenn

That's brilliant thanks a million
    Liam

liamdenn wrote:
    That's brilliant thanks a million Liam

No problem, I reworked the figures in my previous post for 4m wide. I previously had it at 5m wide. Sorry.

Sure look it's a ballpark figure to work with at least to help as a guide.

• Advertisement
Advertisement