Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The JBL Bullying Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

sky88 wrote: »
    Bit rich from meltzer given out about espn not covering stuff when he does it himself when it's friends or rumoured sources stories are about.

Yep ask Dave about RoH or Delirious and see how much he will skirt the various issues they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

According to CBS Sports, Mauro Ranallo will not be returning to WWE TV. WWE intends to keep Mauro off screen for the remainder of his contract similar to what they did for Ryback. Mauro's contract expires August 12th 2017.

http://www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/mauro-ranallo-not-expected-to-return-to-wwe-tv-through-remainder-of-contract/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Jesus. I liked him. When you compare Cory greaves to jbl. The level is difference is massive. How they can't find charismatic colour commentators shocks me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    According to CBS Sports, Mauro Ranallo will not be returning to WWE TV. WWE intends to keep Mauro off screen for the remainder of his contract similar to what they did for Ryback. Mauro's contract expires August 12th 2017.

http://www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/mauro-ranallo-not-expected-to-return-to-wwe-tv-through-remainder-of-contract/

The fact that the article makes no mention of why Mauro is off TV makes me certain JBL won't get the punishment he deserves for this. Sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Wasn't there a storyline recently where Tozawa had his passport stolen by Kendrick? I wouldn't be surprised if that was a subtle shot at Roberts.
    Lord TSC wrote: »
    Don't watch the shows, but yeah, reports say they had a story like that. Would be some coincidence.

The storyline started a few weeks before Robert's book release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

So Mauro can't work for any other wrestling organisation because of being under contract to WWE I take it? JBL always seemed cocky with his in ring persona but I didn't know he was a bully backstage. Kinda burst my bubble a little knowing that.

KKkitty wrote: »
    So Mauro can't work for any other wrestling organisation because of being under contract to WWE I take it? JBL always seemed cocky with his in ring persona but I didn't know he was a bully backstage. Kinda burst my bubble a little knowing that.

Correct.

martyos121 wrote: »
    The fact that the article makes no mention of why Mauro is off TV makes me certain JBL won't get the punishment he deserves for this. Sickening.

Oh he'll definitely walk away from this unscathed, that you can be certain about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Cena seems like a bully too. I'm not really surprised about JBL.

Correct.

If that's the case I hope he sues the WWE for everything he's been through. JBL can't be let away with this.

• Advertisement

KKkitty wrote: »
    If that's the case I hope he sues the WWE for everything he's been through. JBL can't be let away with this.

What I hope happens is that this becomes too big for WWE to simply sweep under the carpet and ignore, and they'll be forced to deal with Bradshaw..

But that won't happen, Mauro will be quietly released and Bradshaw remains unscathed. He's a relic from a time long passed, time he packed it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I know JBL has been a known d××k for a long time but we have no idea what he's has done to mauro as no story has actually said and all we know is what JBL rant on that bring it to the table or on smackdown.

I don't want to defend him as he doesn't deserve it but I would like to see some actual things his done.

What I hope happens is that this becomes too big for WWE to simply sweep under the carpet and ignore, and they'll be forced to deal with Bradshaw..

But that won't happen, Mauro will be quietly released and Bradshaw remains unscathed. He's a relic from a time long passed, time he packed it in.

If Mauro kicks up a big enough stink on social media it won't go away. He should tweet daily about it. It could save someone else from going through the same thing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Was watching a show on the WWE network earlier, think it was "Story time" and they had the wrestlers recalling ribs played on other wrestlers and tbh that kinda sh!t would not happen anywhere else. I think it was Steamboat who is apparently the nicest guy ever but since he is an old school WWF guy he thought it was normal for others to have filled the key hole on someones rental car with glue then ran a chain all around it and pad locked the thing.

Imagine what would happen if your co-workers were doing this kinda thing and that in no way shape or form was the most extreme for example I just googled famous ribs in wrestling an within 1 minute I was reading about how Mr Perfect allegedly burned Shawn Stasiak's passport and left the ashes for him to find, rather apt given what has already been discussed in this thread re: passports. The funny thing is that this WWE produced show (Story time) alleges that the biggest ribber of them all is actually The Boss Vince McMahon. I eman if the boss is one of the main protagonist of such actions is it a surprise that someone known for his hazing of others is protected in the company.

I mean this is the same company where Randy Orton is the world champion having shat in a Divas bag and X-Pac wasn't fired after sh*tting in Mark Henry's sandwich... pardon the pun but that crap simply would not fly anywhere else and because the same guys are still there the same old school mentality remains.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,167 ✭✭✭✭briany

Was watching a show on the WWE network earlier, think it was "Story time" and they had the wrestlers recalling ribs played on other wrestlers and tbh that kinda sh!t would not happen anywhere else. I think it was Steamboat who is apparently the nicest guy ever but since he is an old school WWF guy he thought it was normal for others to have filled the key hole on someones rental car with glue then ran a chain all around it and pad locked the thing.

Imagine what would happen if your co-workers were doing this kinda thing and that in no way shape or form was the most extreme for example I just googled famous ribs in wrestling an within 1 minute I was reading about how Mr Perfect allegedly burned Shawn Stasiak's passport and left the ashes for him to find, rather apt given what has already been discussed in this thread re: passports. The funny thing is that this WWE produced show (Story time) alleges that the biggest ribber of them all is actually The Boss Vince McMahon. I eman if the boss is one of the main protagonist of such actions is it a surprise that someone known for his hazing of others is protected in the company.

I mean this is the same company where Randy Orton is the world champion having shat in a Divas bag and X-Pac wasn't fired after sh*tting in Mark Henry's sandwich... pardon the pun but that crap simply would not fly anywhere else and because the same guys are still there the same old school mentality remains.

Most ribs I have ever heard of are not actually funny or inventive pranks. Something like burning a passport is the kind of stuff only a meathead would think is hilarious. They're actually not ribs at all. A much more apt word would be hazing.

In fact, stories of ribs that are both genuinely funny and not excessively mean-spirited are relatively rare. Owen Hart's spring to mind as the exception. The stories of him calling up fellow wrestlers, while pretending to be someone else, and antagonising them into arranging a fight, or giving the British Bulldogs' bulldog a dose of laxatives were pretty funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

martyos121 wrote: »

What do you expect?

This is their entire culture. Half of this is coming from Vince and his yes-men. You can take away DeMott, you can take away JBL - this will be there until there is a proper f*cking shift in attitude.

How can Triple H have these f*cking segments with Enzo and Cass on WWE24 when he was complicit in NOT doing anything about DeMott until it gained so much public traction that they had to.

This problem is so ingrained in their culture and the rot begins at the top.

JBL will hopefully go for this - it all depends on how much traction this gets in the media, but if he does it'll just be because he will be the sacrificial lamb - nothing will really change.

Bullying is sickening. For them to be complicit in it is even more so. In 2017. Pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Do we know yet what JBL actually did to Mauro yet? If he has really preyed on someone with mental illness, given how WWE has positioned itself as an anti bully advocate, then Vince better prepare himself for a sh1tstorm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

A lot of wrestlers before have said he is a bully, watched a few interviews with wrestlers saying he was one rvd and blue meanie come straight to mind, seen ivory talk about how any new guy coming in he would give them a hard time and wrestled a few of them stiff, said he would pick on most new guys except one, Brock lesnar, she said he sucked up to him big time probably new he was going to be a big name, is that the sign of a bully pick on people he knows he can get away with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,300 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Hococop wrote: »
    A lot of wrestlers before have said he is a bully, watched a few interviews with wrestlers saying he was one rvd and blue meanie come straight to mind, seen ivory talk about how any new guy coming in he would give them a hard time and wrestled a few of them stiff, said he would pick on most new guys except one, Brock lesnar, she said he sucked up to him big time probably new he was going to be a big name, is that the sign of a bully pick on people he knows he can get away with?

I'd say he did it because he knew that brock could have legitimately clatter the ****e out of him.

I mean APA vs public enemy match from heat is nasty.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I'd say he did it because he knew that brock could have legitimately clatter the ****e out of him.

I mean APA vs public enemy match from heat is nasty.

When was that? Have the network sitting idle here. :p

• Advertisement

When was that? Have the network sitting idle here. :p
    It's not on the network. Here's it is.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Meltzer talking about the Mauro stuff.

Wow Dave's hot over this story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Forbes have picked up on the story. Hopefully it's only a matter of time before JBL gets the chop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

What exactly did JBL do ? I know he was being a bully to mauro but has any of the stuff he was doing came to light yet ?

ricero wrote: »
    What exactly did JBL do ? I know he was being a bully to mauro but has any of the stuff he was doing came to light yet ?

Different stories are emerging, or simply getting more press. Another one is that he apparently cowed referee Charles Robinson into smuggling a large (like, felonious large) amount of booze across the Canadian border, threatening Robinson with physical violence if he refused.

It's been very well known that JBL was a bully for a long time. It's just that the macho culture of wrestling had always treated this type of behaviour with a tacit acceptance. However, the culture surrounding wrestling and therefore the culture of new talent in the business has changed significantly enough that some of the more extreme hazing example are no longer seen as acceptable. Hence these stories are gaining traction due to former employees being disgruntled by JBL and his ilk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

ricero wrote: »

There's 20 years of documented incidents with this c*nt.

Mauro stuff was likely ongoing but it came to a head after Mauro tweeted about winning the Observer best Announcer award. Meltzer is going as far as he can with it without revealing names of people who don't want to be named - as there would obviously be massive retribution for them.

If JBL is going on "Bring it to the Table" - with prepared snapshots of Mauro's instagram post, then Vince knows about it. Source:http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/jbl-gets-angry-mauro-ranallo-cancelled-tv-show-bring-table/

Here are some tweets by JBL after Mauro missed the show due to depression - directly related to JBL's and WWE's bullying. Source: https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/wwe-news-jbl-pokes-fun-of-mauro-ranallo-on-social-media-for-missing-smackdown-live

Justin Roberts book came out recently and perfectly coincided with these new bullying revelations, as the book had many references to JBL's bullying. You can google these yourself. One particular reference related to the theft of Roberts passport abroad, and he had to visit the US embassy to get a replacement.
    JBL responded to this particular Roberts story here.https://twitter.com/JCLayfield/status/850314743306833921

Funnily enough, John Hennigan (formerly John Morrison) came out and said that JBL asked him to steal the passport.
    JBL asked me and my partner to steal [Justin's] passport, and we didn't. JBL was one of the main event guys at the time, and I don't remember exactly what Justin Roberts did to become the target for the hazing of this specific oversea trip, but JBL asked me and Joey to snag Justin's passport.

I remember it being a thing, you know? We were looking at Justin, he was a few rows ahead of us on this plane, sleeping. We were like, "What do we do?"

Ultimately, we considered the options, and wound up deciding to not do it. This is a weird thing for a wrestler to say, especially in that era, but I usually went by the golden rule. I wouldn't have appreciated someone doing that to me, especially someone I considered a peer.

Google JBL bullying and you'll get examples of incidents with a huge amount of the roster.

The Observer have running coverage of this story and Dave Meltzer is the person who is pushing it hard - so you could sign up to the Observer (I have no affiliation to this site), or some of his stuff makes it's way to Youtube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

While I do believe all the previous stories about JBL and his antics, I for one have yet to hear what exactly happened with Mauro.

So far I've only read about historical incidents with JBL with other members of WWE personal and nothing regarding Mauro.

People calling for his job is ridiculous without knowing what he did or what exactly happened. Many are going with the old "leopard doenst change its spots" and are judging JBL before anything concrete comes out besides info from Mauros freinds (Dave Metlzer included).

While JBLs rep leans me to think its possible he had an issue or an incident with Mauro, Id like to wait until the story comes fully out until passing judgement.

Mauro has Bi-Polar, he could easily be over sensitive and as a result, a place like WWE would be hard for anyone let alone someone with a mental illness, esp if WWE and JBL are unaware of it.

Will be interesting to see if WWE-linked personalities like Austin, Jericho or JR talk about this story on their podcasts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

briany wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see if WWE-linked personalities like Austin, Jericho or JR talk about this story on their podcasts.

Of course they wont, why would they? Id imagine they will all avoid it publicly.

Advertisement