Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hap inspection

Options
  • 08-04-2017 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭

Does the property need an 'Escape plan'?

I thought that was just for public buildings?

Fire extinguisher AND Fire blanket BOTH needed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭GGTrek

Nomis21 wrote: »
    Does the property need an 'Escape plan'?

I thought that was just for public buildings?

Fire extinguisher AND Fire blanket BOTH needed?
    Escape plan, yes
    Fire extinguishers, no (management company has to provide in the common areas)
    Fire blankets, yes

<mod snip>

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

It is illegal to discriminate against HAP tenants. Avoid is to discriminate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Mod note

Posters are reminded of the forum charter. Civil posts and attack the post not the poster please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

<deleted quote snipped>

I would have thought this was the tenants responsibility.

I know hotels have them on the inside of the room door but that's because guests are unfamiliar with the layout of the building.

The HAP tenant lives there so should plan this themselves.

As far as I know it's not a requirement for non HAP tenants, it's just another reason landlords will pick the non HAP tenant over the HAP tenant (all other things being equal).

My last apartment had a fire escape plan on the wall in each apartment. None were social housing.

amcalester wrote: »
    I would have thought this was the tenants responsibility.

I know hotels have them on the inside of the room door but that's because guests are unfamiliar with the layout of the building.

The HAP tenant lives there so should plan this themselves.

As far as I know it's not a requirement for non HAP tenants, it's just another reason landlords will pick the non HAP tenant over the HAP tenant (all other things being equal).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

I am the tenant!

There is an inspection coming up and I am happy here, so I don't want it to fail!

It is a cottage, not an apartment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I am the tenant!

There is an inspection coming up and I am happy here, so I don't want it to fail!

Can you draw up the plan yourself? What fire protection equipment are you missing? They're relatively inexpensive, I replaced both blanket and extinguisher for under €50.

If it's an apartment it's the responsibility of the management company.

For the safety if your tenants and yourself in regards to issues arising, I'd get a professional to do it. As previously outlined, in my last apartment there was a professional map of the apartment block with the escape route for my specific apartment highlighted.

For your own sake as well as your tenants it's not an area I'd cut corners on.

http://www.dublincity.ie/main-menu-services-dublin-fire-rescue-and-emergency-ambulance-service-fire-safety-legislation/living

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I am the tenant!

Small fire extinguisher and fire blanket required
    Fire escape plan is an informal plan between you and your family members.

Smoke detection and possible CO detection required.

Advertisement