Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harissa paste?

Options
  • 08-04-2017 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can grab a tube of this? I have a jar of it in spice form (a dry powder) but i think the paste is much better, (more pungent and flavoursome)

Tesco used to keep them in pots, but I was looking for some last weekend in my local Tesco (a huge Tesco extra) and they seem to have stopped selling it.

Might take a run in to Eurasia in Fonthill, but it's a bit of a trek if it isn't something they sell.

Beautiful afternoon here, and i feel like dishing up falafel and salad with hummus in the back yard. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Yeah, Tesco stopped doing it, very annoying.

I've never seen it in Eurasia but I've never looked specifically for in there, to be fair.

Marks & Sparks, maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I have seen this in Dunnes Stores and TK Maxx.

I've only seen it in tins though, not tubes, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

Try ShopEasi in Clanbrassil Street. Call em before going over (01 4733565)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Sorted guys, they have am in Eurasia (what a shop, seriously) both in paste and powder formats.

Haven't been there yet to inform people on the price, but i called them earlier, and they confirmed paste and powder.

Prob cheaper, prob better quality than Tesco i will report back

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭arian

I got some in one of Lidl's specials a while back. I liked it, so looked for more: seems that Le Phare du Cap Bon is the go-to brand. Dunno what's better ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

Le Phare du Cap Bon is my go to also. It's widely available...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Le Phare du Cap Bon it was indeed.

Ended up finding it in a local ethnic shop in Naas town centre.

€1.25 a tube. Im happy with that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,382 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If you're stuck, the paste is pretty much the powder mixed with oil.
    It probably better if it made into a paste asap to avoid losing too much flavour when left dry. But it would do in most spots imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Yeah, Tesco stopped doing it, very annoying.
    It still shows online, it's in the "ingredients" range which can be way out on its own. Knowing my tesco its probably in between the firelighters and nappies.

rubadub wrote:
    It still shows online, it's in the "ingredients" range which can be way out on its own. Knowing my tesco its probably in between the firelighters and nappies.

Oh, happy days, they must have reintroduced it. It was definitely discontinued for a while, I tweeted them about it when I couldn't find it for ages and they said it was no more.

Now if Lidl would just bring back their cheese sourdough, I'd be a very happy lady.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Le Phare du Cap Bon it was indeed.

Ended up finding it in a local ethnic shop in Naas town centre.

€1.25 a tube. Im happy with that. :)

It's pretty commonly available, thankfully. I recently tried a different brand in a blue & white tube, and didn't like it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭arian

This'll be that :)

Harissa-Ferrero-Hot-Red-Chilli-Peppers-Sauce.jpg

I keep meaning to make my own but haven't got around to it yet.

Advertisement