Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stoke vs Liverpool, 15:00, Sky Sports 5 Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Oi vhey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

There was no free before Stoke scored, LFC player fell on his arse / dived, no contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Worst ever Liverpool PL XI in a meaningful match? Absolutely horrific side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Bye bye 4th. Had our chance and blew it.

Lucky for ye one of the teams behind ye is united and we blow it more often this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Yeah there was no contact, Woodburn took a dive when he saw the player coming in directly behind him out of his view...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Well who knew! Stoke do know how to score after all lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

5starpool wrote: »
    Fouls in the box are penalties, not free kicks.

Thought it was just outside, it was in box. Woodburn gets touch, protects ball, defender loses feet, slides in, not via a tackle but because he has slipped and makes a touch with each of his feet on each leg of woodburn. Very messy from defender and a penalty , never got ball and took player out via an awkward slip and fall. That's a penalty !

****ing typical.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

jayo26 wrote: »
    Lucky for ye one of the teams behind ye is united and we blow it more often this year

Away to this Sunderland team for ye is as much of a banker as there is. Ye have a very tough last few games, but by the time ye play Chelsea next weekend we'll only be 3 points ahead with 3 games extra played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Bye bye 4th. Had our chance and blew it.

That's right, no team has ever come back from 1-0 down at half time in the history of football ever.

• Advertisement

Pretty clear pen as long as you aren't a Utd/Arsenal/City fan I'd say.

Irrelevant anyhow, the marking a minute later was awful.

Charlie Adam's fat arse was in the way of the ref's view. Pretty big thing to be in the way.

Yeah there was no contact, Woodburn took a dive when he saw the player coming in directly behind him out of his view...
    Woodburn had no choice to be impeded by a player who slipped and fell to ground, a player who reached with both feet to get ball and failed while making lots of contact with Woodburn, touch contact. He ''collided '' with him awkwardly. A penalty ! Can you really expect to slide awkwardly into a player in the box and get away with it without touching the ball while colliding with player. You have to give it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Rod Munch wrote: »
    There was no free before Stoke scored, LFC player fell on his arse / dived, no contact.

aye just lost balance

Just saw it again and I'm not convinced it was a penalty. Close call though.

Woodburn had no choice to be impeded by a player who slipped and fell to ground, a player who reached with both feet to get ball and failed while making lots of contact with Woodburn, touch contact. He ''collided '' with him awkwardly. A penalty ! Can you really expect to slide awkwardly into a player in the box and get away with it without touching the ball while colliding with player. You have to give it.

I think Osmosis Jones was being sarcastic. Not sure, but I think so.

I think Osmosis Jones was being sarcastic. Not sure, but I think so.

just a bit :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Pretty clear pen as long as you aren't a Utd/Arsenal/City fan I'd say.

Irrelevant anyhow, the marking a minute later was awful.

Looking at the replays I'm not convinced it was a pen. Silly from the defender to go to ground but it looks (through my united tinted glasses) that the defenders right leg went to the outside of the LFC players right leg and his left left went to the inside of the LFC players left leg.

Firmino on, not sure who for

EDIT: Coutinho on too possibly!

No knee into the knee of woodburn. No contact? So one player did not make contact with other, they did not touch? One was at one end of pitch one at other ? It was an awkward challenge and not one a defender makes in the box, it was a penalty.
    Did defender get ball, no
    Did defender slip and awkwardly slide into Woodburn, yes, was there contact, yes. Woodburn did not fall over a ghost, he fell over a defender who panicked and slipped and fell into him.

• Advertisement

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Looking at the replays I'm not convinced it was a pen. Silly from the defender to go to ground but it looks (through my united tinted glasses) that the defenders right leg went to the outside of the LFC players right leg and his left left went to the inside of the LFC players left leg.

He went to ground, made contact with the player but not the ball. What I think made him not give the pen is that Woodburn touched the ball and it made a move slightly away from him and the ref probably thought that was the defender touching it. If it was a few yards outside the box it would have been given as a free, no doubt.

Firmino and Coutinho coming on it seems.

The point is, if Pieters doesn't bring Woodburn down then he plays Origi in on the right and we at least have a shot on target if not a goal.

Youth duo off, harsh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

So Klopp takes off our best player today. Yeah I don't get that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

And there was part of the problem

Image1.jpg

TAA and Woodburn unlucky to be the 2 replaced. I think Klavan should have been taken off really, although seems he's going to left back? Rampaging winger he won't be.

NOW come on lads... get stuck in, get the intensity up and get some shots on that goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I missed the first half, why was Klopp resting two of Liverpool's best players?

If bobby & Phil are ok for 45 mins why not start them?

• Advertisement

I'd give Origi a 0/10 so far. He's literally done everything wrong today.

RobertKK wrote: »

they were ill to varying degrees apparently. bobby tired as well

RobertKK wrote: »

Illness and a bit tired respectively.

Origi brutal yet again.... stay in the box and wait for the cross...

Augeo wrote: »
    If bobby & Phil are ok for 45 mins why not start them?
    Augeo wrote: »
    they were ill to varying degrees apparently. bobby tired as well

^

murpho999 wrote: »
    Just saw it again and I'm not convinced it was a penalty. Close call though.

Defender lost run of himself. He messed up, so a penalty. No he did not make a rash challenge, it doesn't matter. He slipped and fell taking out Woodburn who got the touch and had control, Woodburn had a defender acting like a fish out of water on ground flipping and flopping arms and legs every where without ever touching ball while impeding and grounding Woodburn.
    Very messy defending that needed punishing .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Woodburn the only Liverpool that showed anything in that half, really poor from Klopp to hook him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

5starpool wrote:
    TAA and Woodburn unlucky to be the 2 replaced. I think Klavan should have been taken off really, although seems he's going to left back?

Am always hoping Klavan would go off & never be seen again. Funny how Klopp sees his dumb team selection 2 hours too late.

some weak frees being given here

Sky commentator is really annoying me.

6 out of 7 things he says are just statistics.

Jesus. How awful was that?

• Advertisement

What a save but what the fcuk was that header from Wijnaldum?

What a save from Mig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What the hell was that?! :eek:

Wijnaldum assisting opposition more than his teammates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Liverpool are an absolute ****ing rabble out there. No shape, no leadership, no drive and no clue.

what's going on with gini ? some save from migs

The worst thing about football is the difference in refereeing inside the box and outside the box. You can look at player wrong way out side the box and it's a freekick. You can behead a player inside the box and present it to the ref on the plater and it's no penalty.

Why are we so panicky at the back?

Well done Mignolet, he did great there. Making the type of stop that keeps us in the game which is what Karius could not do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

The mime defence.

I've heard of a false 9, but Liverpool are great for pioneering the false 4 and 5.

• Advertisement
Advertisement