Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 33 Transfers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

CSF wrote:
    I think he will more than likely start too. I just can't fathom why there's so much hullabaloo for him this week when I'd see Benteke as extremely likely to outscore him over the next 3 gameweeks, but it's entirely possible I've gotten myself way too excited about this Palace 3 week period approaching.

In his last 4 home starts, he's averaged 14 points.
    You may disagree, but I personally think Kane is the best player the game this year. And Bournemouth have one of the worst defences in the league.

If it wasn't for the injury it would be a no-brainer, but I still think it's worth the risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,316 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Thinking​ of getting the Fuchs out for Boro defender with double GW coming up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

spock. wrote: »
    In his last 4 home starts, he's averaged 14 points.
    You may disagree, but I personally think Kane is the best player the game this year. And Bournemouth have one of the worst defences in the league.

If it wasn't for the injury it would be a no-brainer, but I still think it's worth the risk.
    See above, on a normal weekend I think Kane is a captain non-brainer this weekend. But this is not a normal weekend. If he starts he plays 60 mins max surely? On his first start last time he only played 72 and that was a huge away game against Arsenal where Spurs weren't winning. I know there has been a 30 minute cameo this time, but that wouldn't fill me with too much confidence that he will still be on the pitch in the later stages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    I think he will more than likely start too. I just can't fathom why there's so much hullabaloo for him this week when I'd see Benteke as extremely likely to outscore him over the next 3 gameweeks, but it's entirely possible I've gotten myself way too excited about this Palace 3 week period approaching.

You're not helping my hankering to go for Benteke over Kane from now till 35.

I have Alli and Davies so 2 Spurs already. I have Aguero who'll go for Ibra for 34.

Kane: BOU/cry
    Benteke: LEI/liv+TOT

Will Benteke really outscore Kane?

I have you in the Harps Europa so why am I asking you for advice?? :):)

FHFC wrote: »
    You're not helping my hankering to go for Benteke over Kane from now till 35.

I have Alli and Davies so 2 Spurs already. I have Aguero who'll go for Ibra for 34.

Kane: BOU/cry
    Benteke: LEI/liv+TOT

Will Benteke really outscore Kane?

I have you in the Harps Europa so why am I asking you for advice?? :):)
    I was counting GW35 in there too when Spurs have Arsenal at home (I know people will say Arsenal are bad now, but it'll be a derby and Arsenal won't be as halfhearted as they have of late you would think) while Palace have Burnley at home. I think over GW33-35 Benteke outscores Kane. Even if I'm wrong about that. I'm looking at 4.2 million that I can hopefully make up the difference with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

I was counting GW35 in there too when Spurs have Arsenal at home (I know people will say Arsenal are bad now, but it'll be a derby and Arsenal won't be as halfhearted as they have of late you would think) while Palace have Burnley at home. I think over GW33-35 Benteke outscores Kane. Even if I'm wrong about that. I'm looking at 4.2 million that I can hopefully make up the difference with.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3952266/Harry-Kane-King-London-derby-Tottenham-striker-boasting-best-goals-game-record.html

:D

km79 wrote: »
    Touché. I would still back Benteke to outscore Kane in 35 though. And 34 with the DGW. 33 is the one that I see as potentially being quite close (minutes depending of course) with Kane being more likely to edge it than either of the other weeks.

Touché. I would still back Benteke to outscore Kane in 35 though. And 34 with the DGW. 33 is the one that I see as potentially being quite close (minutes depending of course) with Kane being more likely to edge it than either of the other weeks.
    I'm getting both
    But won't have lukaku .....

I'm getting both
    No way of having all 3? Because if I don't succumb to Palace drubbing Leicester possibilities I'll be captaining Lukaku.

• Advertisement

No way of having all 3? Because if I don't succumb to Palace drubbing Leicester possibilities I'll be captaining Lukaku.

Palace still need at least 1 win to be safe. I think it's fair to guess that Leicester will rest key players. Might not be a drubbing but Palace should be strong favourites to win that game.

CSF wrote:
    TouchÃ႒©. I would still back Benteke to outscore Kane in 35 though. And 34 with the DGW. 33 is the one that I see as potentially being quite close (minutes depending of course) with Kane being more likely to edge it than either of the other weeks.

If I had to choose Kane or Benteke for GW35 alone, I'd still favour Kane by a distance.

But probably best we agree to disagree on this one.

Palace still need at least 1 win to be safe. I think it's fair to guess that Leicester will rest key players. Might not be a drubbing but Palace should be strong favourites to win that game.
    Their price has fairly plummeted too. 4/5 at the minute and probably going to only get shorter, and shorter again once teams have been announced. If Palace play the attacking football they did v Arsenal if could be gold.

I'm getting both
    Have Ibra so no
    I'll wait till after tomorrow tonight just in case .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

Is Benteke in for Origi worth a -4, I've gone the Eriksen route as my third Spurs player after Bavies and Alli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,308 ✭✭✭COH

Trimming some dead weight from the squad (Stanislas who got me a total of 0 points since getting him in for a hit many gameweeks ago) and abandoning West Brom with their blank and upcoming crap fixtures in mind:

Foster > Hennessy
    Brunt > Holgate
    Stanislas > Zaha

• Advertisement

De Gea or Jakupovic is a bit of a conundrum this week without knowing how United or Chelsea will be approaching that game. United may be prioritising EL regardless of what Jose says, and if United do go strong, Chelsea may consider a point a good result as they seek to close the race out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

patmac wrote: »
    Is Benteke in for Origi worth a -4, I've gone the Eriksen route as my third Spurs player after Bavies and Alli.

I have Origi and I'd fancy Origi to score against WBA if he starts. Always a risk he will be dropped for Sturridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

siblers wrote: »
    I have Origi and I'd fancy Origi to score against WBA if he starts. Always a risk he will be dropped for Sturridge

Yeah that's my fear as well, that coupled with the the fact that Leicester could field a weakened team makes him tempting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

This week has me bamboozled not sure what to do. Atm I have
    Grant-Pickford
    Yoshida-walker-collins-baines-love
    Alli-son-sanchez-king-albrighton
    Lukaku-aguero-negredo
    Should I reshuffle for -8 and get kane or costa? Is it time to ditch sanchez?
    Ideally I'm looking to load up on Chelsea city and arsenal players for gw37

This week has me bamboozled not sure what to do. Atm I have
    Grant-Pickford
    Yoshida-walker-collins-baines-love
    Alli-son-sanchez-king-albrighton
    Lukaku-aguero-negredo
    Should I reshuffle for -8 and get kane or costa? Is it time to ditch sanchez?
    Ideally I'm looking to load up on Chelsea city and arsenal players for gw37

You don't really need to take a hit to bring in Kane as you already have Alli and Son. You could bring Zaha in for Albrighton and then drop either Negredo or King for this gw.
    I've Sanchez but I'm gonna hold onto him and pray that Wenger sticks him up front

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Lost the plot, brought in Zaha/Benteke and Davies for Redmond/Vardy and Bertrand for a -8. Goin to bring in two boro/united players next week and will go balls out for week 34. WC and BB in 36/37

Still mulling over llorente to benteke for a -4 (have siggy and zaha too)
    I'd Defo prefer the palace double up over the Swansea one this weekend but not sure it's worth a -4 ...............wouldn't it be just typical of llorente to score this weekend now that the masses have sold him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Worth getting in Kane for Costa for -4? Have Alli and Eriksen already

Don't see much for costa this weekend
    Has nil all written all over it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Don't see much for costa this weekend
    Has  nil all written all over it
    You think?
    Currently lined up with
    Janmaat SWA, Holgate BUR, Bavies BOU
    and have both Valencia and Alonso on the bench.
    Would you play both or either and for who?

These are exactly the games Mourinho teams keep clean sheets in
    And I'd NEVER bench Alonso if I still had him
    Play him over jaanmat

Play him over jaanmat

Play him over jaanmat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Wildcard activated (really...I swear)

Gone with the following:

Heaton Hennessy

Holgate Gibson Bailly Yoshida Vertonghen

Alli Sanchez Sane Zaha King

Deeney Lukaku Kane

Not a whole load of long term strategic planning gone into it to be honest...my team had gone toxic so deffo time for a refresh.

Will probably have a few more tweaks...not 100% sure on King...tempted to get Son in as well for triple Spurs attack....would mean sacrificing Vertonghen for Cedric/PVA/Ward etc (?)

All feedback welcome and appreciated

Edit: looks like there might be something going on with Deeney and management...Benteke the all too obvious replacement. Someone like Anichebe would enable Vertonghen to Alonso and King to Son.....looks like another few hours ahead on this one :-)

Cartman78 wrote: »

Gone with the following:

Heaton Hennessy

Deeney Lukaku Kane

Not a whole load of long term strategic planning gone into it to be honest...my team had gone toxic so deffo time for a refresh.

Will probably have a few more tweaks...not 100% sure on King...tempted to get Son in as well for triple Spurs attack....would mean sacrificing Vertonghen for Cedric/PVA/Ward etc (?)

Edit: looks like there might be something going on with Deeney and management...Benteke the all too obvious replacement. Someone like Anichebe would enable Vertonghen to Alonso and King to Son.....looks like another few hours ahead on this one :-)
    Gabbiadini
    King is a better option than son for rest of season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Seriously thinking of taking a -4 to get Zaha in for Pedro (with an eye on next week as well). Worth it?

Would Walters be worth a punt? I know Stoke don't have much to play for but decent fixtures and he takes pens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Play him over jaanmat

Definitely play Alonso - United have not exactly been banging them in. Low scoring or no score draw imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Genuine question here:

Is anyone else thinking of Townsend instead of Zaha?

See, I called Andros by his name so you know I'm serious :)

Genuine question here:

Is anyone else thinking of Townsend instead of Zaha?

See, I called Andros by his name so you know I'm serious :)

I'm considering it if he's declared fit tomorrow.
    Always gets 3 bonus when he scores.

He's not even a cheaper option though so it's hard to see the upside with Zaha much more involved in their attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Chesty08 wrote: »
    You think?
    Currently lined up with
    Janmaat SWA, Holgate BUR, Bavies BOU
    and have both Valencia and Alonso on the bench.
    Would you play both or either and for who?

I'd play at least one of them instead of Holgate.
    I nearly went for Janmaat on my WC recently but the amount of defenders they have put me off.

Gone with the following:

Heaton Hennessy

Deeney Lukaku Kane

Consider a DGW GK for Heaton perhaps.
    Would Walters be worth a punt? I know Stoke don't have much to play for but decent fixtures and he takes pens

Arnie takes the pens I believe.

Seriously thinking of taking a -4 to get Zaha in for Pedro (with an eye on next week as well). Worth it?

Yeah, he has a better fixture than Pedro and you'll be better set for next week

• Registered Users Posts: 14 affcu

Gone with the following:

Heaton Hennessy

Deeney Lukaku Kane

Gabbiadini
    King is a better option than son for rest of season
    Love Gabbiadini for the DGW, but he may not be fit to play this week, so I'd consider Origi (6.2) who has two goals in the last three game weeks.

• Advertisement

ElTel wrote:
    Arnie takes the pens I believe.

Did Walters not score a pen against Chelsea a few weeks ago? I could be wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cheers lads ...some sound advice there as always. Took the dog for a walk and mulled it over...getting near a final version now possibly..

Valdes Hennessy

Holgate Alonso Mee Gibson Yoshida

Benteke Lukaku Kane

0.2m ITB

Did Walters not score a pen against Chelsea a few weeks ago? I could be wrong

Your right and Arnie was on the pitch.
    That was the worst GW of my season!
    Perhaps a Stock fan will know for sure.

Cheers lads ...some sound advice there as always. Took the dog for a walk and mulled it over...getting near a final version now possibly..

Valdes Hennessy

Holgate Alonso Mee Gibson Yoshida

Benteke Lukaku Kane

0.2m ITB

Are you BBing in GW34?
    The GK pairing suggests this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Any changes/advice on what to do with my team this week? (1FT & 1.2m itb)

Randolph
    Holgate, Alonso, Valencia
    Sanchez, Alli, King, Siggy
    Lukaku, Aguero, Origi

Sub: Mandanda, Pieters, Fletcher, Amat

• Registered Users Posts: 14 affcu

I swapped Zaha for Siggy.

• Advertisement

Any changes/advice on what to do with my team this week? (1FT & 1.2m itb)

Randolph
    Holgate, Alonso, Valencia
    Sanchez, Alli, King, Siggy
    Lukaku, Aguero, Origi

Sub: Mandanda, Pieters, Fletcher, Amat

Advice ?

Yeah, spend about 10-14 hours researching and deliberating changes. Then make a decision and enjoy the fruits of making your own decision and actually playing the game.

Or swap Siggy out for Zaha.

Advice ?

Yeah, spend about 10-14 hours researching and deliberating changes. Then make a decision and enjoy the fruits of making your own decision and actually playing the game.

Or swap Siggy out for Zaha.

I swear this isn't the first time you've come at me for wanting to hear other people's opinions on my team. Don't know what your problem is with me. I'm not even a big fpl player and certainly amen't a regular on these fpl threads. :confused:

To be fair, I can see his point. Always best to give your own thoughts and have a reasoned discussion with others discussing yours and giving theirs, rather than just asking for people to help you do your team.

I swear this isn't the first time you've come at me for wanting to hear other people's opinions on my team. Don't know what your problem is with me. I'm not even a big fpl player and certainly amen't a regular on these fpl threads. :confused:

You may recognise my username but I assure you I don't recognise yours.

I just outlined how I play the game and then I actually gave you the advice you were looking for. It's the exact change I did about 1 week ago.

No apology needed as I know sarcasm doesn't read very well.

I work on my team every week by myself all the time and make my own decision. I don't know how you guys are assuming otherwise. Y'all acting like I post my team every week asking you guys to make every teeny meenie decision for me. This is the first time i've posted in here for a long ass time. Jheeze

• Advertisement
Advertisement