Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage on a Stamp 4

Options
  • 08-04-2017 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

My missus is on a stamp 4. It never came up or was an issue. We were originally with KBC and have since switched to Ulster Bank. Never any hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Victor McDade

It was an issue for us at the end of last year. They wouldn't recognise my wife's earnings as she's on stamp 4. Resulted in an offer of around 66% of what their guideline offer would be.
    They're the only bank that have this rule that I know of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭c6ysaphjvqw41k

KBC was 8 years ago. Ulster Bank was last year.

• Advertisement

When you're going for approval they ask for copies of ID. I can't remember if they specify passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hammy007

I'm on a stamp 4, and we were approved in principle by a few banks. Could just be a KBC thing? I would treat it as a "don't ask don't tell" kind of thing. I wouldn't specifically mention it unless they ask, and it never came up in our conversation with the banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bluesmaug

My spouse and I are both on Stamp 4. We tried applying for mortgage with KBC based on two stamp 4 permits but they said that either us should have an Irish passport for them to approve. So we didn't proceed with our application with them.
    We went with Ulster and AiB instead and got the same interest rate as KBC with Ulster. Both the banks fully approved us.

I would recommend finding a good broker and applying to all other lenders. Almost all the lenders accept Stamp 4.

All other stamps (1, 2 etc) will be rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Utkarshu

I went to ulster and said they can only approve 80% of the house value on stamp 4 even for first time buyer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Squozen

I tried with KBC a few weeks ago and even though I make enough to pay off the loan (€62k/annum), they told me that as long as my wife's on a stamp 4 we'd need to earn €100k/annum for them to give us a mortgage.

So, we'll be looking elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Islamda

My partner and I wanted to submit a mortgage application but they wouldn’t take it beacuse my partner has a stamp 4 visa. We both had all the necessary documents and everything including our salary certs completed. I thought it was very unfair of them not to accept the application beacuse of that reason. All the other banks had no problems with this and when we asked what was their reason, the advisor we were speaking to could only say that it’s just in their policy and in my opinion this a somewhat discriminatory. Also we did a lot of research before making the application and it’s not mentioned on their websit. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND FOR ANY INTERNATIONAL PEOPLE WHO ARE LOOKING TO OPEN AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM AS THEY DONT TREAT PEOPLE EQUALLY. That will be the last time i ever go to that bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Islamda wrote: »
    My partner and I wanted to submit a mortgage application but they wouldn’t take it beacuse my partner has a stamp 4 visa. We both had all the necessary documents and everything including our salary certs completed. I thought it was very unfair of them not to accept the application beacuse of that reason. All the other banks had no problems with this and when we asked what was their reason, the advisor we were speaking to could only say that it’s just in their policy and in my opinion this a somewhat discriminatory. Also we did a lot of research before making the application and it’s not mentioned on their websit. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND FOR ANY INTERNATIONAL PEOPLE WHO ARE LOOKING TO OPEN AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM AS THEY DONT TREAT PEOPLE EQUALLY. That will be the last time i ever go to that bank.

You didn't say the bank...

Advertisement