Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science Coursework b

Options
  • 08-04-2017 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi, ive got a shocking science teacher and doesn't tell us anything when other teachers more or less do the coursework b for them. Im really confused for the evaluation and conclusion of the biology experiment and would really appreciate any help. Im almost 90% sure my results for the experiment are completly wrong aswell. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Whatislife01

Hi, ive got a shocking science teacher and doesn't tell us anything when other teachers more or less do the coursework b for them. Im really confused for the evaluation and conclusion of the biology experiment and would really appreciate any help. Im almost 90% sure my results for the experiment are completly wrong aswell. Thanks in advance

It's your experiment:) The teacher isn't supposed to help you with it, despite the fact that the majority of teachers do. Your results don't matter if they're wrong, as long as you're able to explain why they were wrong then you will be fine. Also state the results that you would have expected. There are countless websites to help you out but again, it's your own investigation. You should be fine, it's basically like what you write up into your lab copies but with a considerable amount of extra info. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Conor123456789

Thanks very much for the reply. That information is really helpful im more relaxed about it now. would u mind giving a link to any websites you know of? Its grand if not. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭leinsterjack

Hi Conor,

So, of course, it is your experiment. The whole idea of Coursework B is for you to be presented with a title and use your knowledge of what you have studied to perform and present that experiment.

Technically speaking, if any teacher is caught 'doing the project for them' the entire classes Coursework would not be graded and the entire schools batch would be VERY closely examined.

What I will say is if you look for Experiment OC2, that should guide you a little. Now you can use Boards.ie as a Source of Information on PG1 of your booklet! :)

If you have any other questions, just quote me!

Your welcome! :P

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the response. Is it possible to make up results cuz I dident get the experiment fully completed and all the designated time in the lab is up.

Thanks

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the response. Is it possible to make up results cuz I dident get the experiment fully completed and all the designated time in the lab is up.

Thanks

So this is very technical. Technically speaking you could (as they cannot physically verify the entire classes results) but most would be in a specific range and if yours is out of that eyebrows would probably be raised.

So technically yes, but you must be extra careful that they are within the same range as the majority of your classes.

My advice would be to ask a friend who has already completed theirs for the results. I would give you mine but my booklet was submitted before Easter.

Hope this helps!

• Advertisement

Hi Jack,
    Thanks for the response I appreciate your help.
    Best of luck in JC

Hi Jack,
    Thanks for the response I appreciate your help.
    Best of luck in JC

You too. :)

Advertisement