Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White Nutty Chocolate Heaven

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

The only white chocolate I really like is Green and Black's one.
    Cheaper ones tend to be too sweet and have a weird chewy texture.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

My palate probably isn't as refined ;)
    dee_mc wrote: »

White Twix is my personal favourite :) Used to enjoy White maltesers before they were discontinued; picked up a White kitkat yesterday which I have yet to try but they are supposed to be tasty :) white lion bars are nice too, I have no praline recomendation said for you sorry :(

White Twix is nice, have you had a white lion bar, total sugar bomb but mmmmm mmmmm tasty :)
    White Twix is my personal favourite :) Used to enjoy White maltesers before they were discontinued; picked up a White kitkat yesterday which I have yet to try but they are supposed to be tasty :) white lion bars are nice too, I have no praline recomendation said for you sorry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I don't really like white chocolate (the darker the better) but was given a pack of Lindor Strawberries & Cream truffles recently and thought they were lovely. Very smooth chocolate!

• Advertisement

I'm not keen on the Lidor white funnily enoughI find them very heavy the hazelnut ones are nice.
    They do a lovely hazelnut gianduja in the pick and mix in the stores they have which is lovely. Never seen it in Ireland or in any of the boxes.
    I don't really like white chocolate (the darker the better) but was given a pack of Lindor Strawberries & Cream truffles recently and thought they were lovely. Very smooth chocolate!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Ooh I forgot about those! Strawberry ones probably a bit sweet for me but the regular lindor truffles with white choc, amazing!

I tried to make my own white chocolate nutella once but it didn't work, I found the recipe online. Was a sad day, hopes were high.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

dee_mc wrote: »

You need to try the Aldi Choceur white chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Ever make your own bars? those light wafer type bars often cost a lot.

Get some rectangular ice cream wafers, spread nutella on them, you could put another few wafer sandwich layers on top and then dip in melted white chocolate.

2euro types shops often have limited edition white chocolate bars.

• Advertisement

Oh nice, I never thought of trying to make my own wafer praline bars but now I think I will.

Yeh The €2 is great for the auld white lion bar but check the date.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Can you get white Snickers anywhere here?
    Sounds amazing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Milky Bar.

I've never seen them in a shop. I'm gonna bite the bullet and get them on Amazon maybe, peanut utter/white chocolate combo is deadly.
    whiskeyman wrote: »
    Can you get white Snickers anywhere here?
    Sounds amazing!!

That's where it all began.

Love the Milky Bar slab with the biscuit pieces in it.
    D0NNELLY wrote: »
    Milky Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Dealz have 120g milky bar buttons for 1.50, which would be ideal for melting.

I like peanut butter in chocolate, I just smear it on bars, get a twix and turn it upside down and smear on the flat side. I do the same with kitkats.

Dealz had hazlenut snickers which were nice and very cheap (you got more bars/weight than most others).

Dealz were also doing white toberlones, which were still 170g for 1.50, the regular ones have shrank to 150g.

Loved the hazelnut Snickers.

Does anyone remember the almond Mars Bar late 80's/90's, I think I only had it from the airport back then. Maybe I dreamed it.
    rubadub wrote: »
    Dealz have 120g milky bar buttons for 1.50, which would be ideal for melting.

I like peanut butter in chocolate, I just smear it on bars, get a twix and turn it upside down and smear on the flat side. I do the same with kitkats.

Dealz had hazlenut snickers which were nice and very cheap (you got more bars/weight than most others).

Dealz were also doing white toberlones, which were still 170g for 1.50, the regular ones have shrank to 150g.

Advertisement