Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Health

Options
  • 08-04-2017 10:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

So, I'm trying to be healthier at the moment and utilise my iPhone and Apple watch.

I use the health kit with my fitness pal, Seven and pillow.

I use the activity log but is there any advice on what goals to set, how to make use of the data collected?

Any advice appreciated and let me know what works for you.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Have you used the calorie goal on the watch? I find that pretty useful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Is this the move goal?
    Zcott wrote: »
    Have you used the calorie goal on the watch? I find that pretty useful.

Yep, that's the one. Between that and the exercise and stand rings you should be able to get a decent goal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

It's definitely making me more conscious of what I move in a day.
    Yep, that's the one. Between that and the exercise and stand rings you should be able to get a decent goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I was barely meeting my targets every day,
    Then I went back on the cigs for a few months and voila..targets exceeded by 2pm every day..it was a long walk to the smoking shed in my workplace :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I find Apple Health and Activity app useless bar for collecting data, if you want anything else you need to go to the Lifesum's, the MY Fitness Pal's, RunKeeper's etc. which all feed into Apple Health/Activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

The health app isn't too great imo. One specific annoyance is no cloud backup of the data. I like to setup devices as new every year or two, usually when I upgrade, and the health data is always lost.

Third party apps can be better, but they often aren't as quick.

I found exercising regularily (with Runtastic), using the Apple Watch goals every day to work towards and counting calories with an app helped me.

For the calories, I started to realise just how bad some foods were and changed my diet for the better. It isn't great for your diet to just focus on calories, but noticing fat and sugars in some foods was helpful.

DubDJ wrote: »
    The health app isn't too great imo. One specific annoyance is no cloud backup of the data. I like to setup devices as new every year or two, usually when I upgrade, and the health data is always lost.

There's an app called Decipher Activity Transfer which can generate a completely new backup with health data intact. I've tried it and it works well.

Advertisement