Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-mobile unlocking iphone

Options
  • 08-04-2017 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭

Hello,

My Dad is an e-mobile customer but may be spending an extended period outside of Europe and will need to get a local SIM card. As such he needs to get his phone unlocked which must be done through yourselves and not through Apple. He has been passed back and forth for the past month nearly and badly needs you to resolve this issue.

You must request the unlocking from Apple as the service provider. Can you please arrange this instead of passing the buck to Apple who cannot do anything without you initiating the unlock

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi 68 lost souls,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. 

Just to clarify the unlocking code can take up to ten working days, once the 10 working days have excelled you would have to sync your iPhone with a new network sim card to iTunes and this would then unlock the phone. 

If you are a point of contact on your Dads account we can assist you with this query, however, if you are not a point of contact on your dad's account,I would advise getting your dad to contact us on 1901 and adding you to his account as due to data protection you would need to be a point of contact on his account so we can discuss this with you.

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Hi 68 lost souls,

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. 

Just to clarify the unlocking code can take up to ten working days, once the 10 working days have excelled you would have to sync your iPhone with a new network sim card to iTunes and this would then unlock the phone. 

If you are a point of contact on your Dads account we can assist you with this query, however, if you are not a point of contact on your dad's account,I would advise getting your dad to contact us on 1901 and adding you to his account as due to data protection you would need to be a point of contact on his account so we can discuss this with you.

Thanks, 
    Leanne.
    Thanks Leanne, I have been added as a point of contact. How do I arrange for the unlock now, can you do this if I PM you the number and IMEI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi 68 lost souls,

If you contact our customer care team on 1901 they will be able to assist you with this.

Unfortunately, we would be unable to access this from here.

Thanks,
    Anna.

Advertisement