Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chilli plants

Options
  • 09-04-2017 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there, has anyone seen any chilli plants for sale in any of the garden centres around Dublin yet?

I would normally grow from seed but didn't get around to it this year.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

gandalf wrote: »
    Hi there, has anyone seen any chilli plants for sale in any of the garden centres around Dublin yet?

HomeBase usually have them around now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

B&Q had a huge array of them last year, they had Jalapenos up to Bhut Jolokia. I should have them around now, hope to be there Saturday so will let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Got a few in Homebase yesterday. B&Q didn't have any when I checked on Saturday.

Got a few in Homebase yesterday. B&Q didn't have any when I checked on Saturday.

How many do you need?

Edit: Have you none left over from last year?

Not that many . I got six yesterday for the polytunnel and might go to B&Q to get some ghost chilli's if they have them. I left a few padrons and cherry bombs in the polytunnel but they didn't survive the winter.

• Advertisement

Not that many . I got six yesterday for the polytunnel and might go to B&Q to get some ghost chilli's if they have them. I left a few padrons and cherry bombs in the polytunnel but they didn't survive the winter.

Ive got about 20 jalapeno seedlings. You can have a few if you are nearby. Im in Dublin 18.

Thanks for the offer but it was jalapeños I bought yesterday and I promised the missus I wouldn't go too crazy with chilli's this year. I probably shouldn't have gotten her to test the ghost chilli last year ;)

I probably shouldn't have gotten her to test the ghost chilli last year ;)

You are a bad man :D

Shemale wrote: »
    You are a bad man :D

Ah I'm not really I didn't give one to my six year old ;)

I got some Jalapenos in Johnstown Garden Centre today, they had a good few varieties but I cannot remember what they had.

Cursed hangover!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭The_Pretender

Shemale wrote: »
    I got some Jalapenos in Johnstown Garden Centre today, they had a good few varieties but I cannot remember what they had.

Cursed hangover!!

Might have seen you there, was there this afternoon getting the same :D

I was surprised by the selection - they had jalapenos, bhut jolokia, dorset naga, trinidad scorpion, scotch bonnets and a few others.

Might have seen you there, was there this afternoon getting the same :D

I was surprised by the selection - they had jalapenos, bhut jolokia, dorset naga, trinidad scorpion, scotch bonnets and a few others.

Its a great garden centre, I live in Blanch so its a fair spin was on way back from Carlow so said I would drop in.

They have an online store so will definitely order from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I'm a bit late but I did get a few in B&Q a week or two ago, Thai Hot Dragons, Jalepeno and Hot Banana I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

Don't want to be posting in an old thread but can you grow good chillies here in Ireland I.e. i would have thought you need really good sun and heat to get to grow chillies ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

You can grow em indoors or in a greenhouse

Advertisement