Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deer hunting feature in Irish Times

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,060 ✭✭✭clivej

A very good read in a newspaper for once

"If you live a bad life you’re gonna come back as a deer and depending on how bad you’ve lived your life some fella’s gonna shoot you in the arse"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭.243

surprisingly the armchair analysts,keyboard warriors,pc bridgade and blinkered joe public must be havin a lie in,no slating comments at the bottom yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

Good and interesting read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭useurowname

I thought it was an excellent piece. The writer quite clearly is not into guns and will never be a hunter, but she writes very informatively and does not seek to either romanticise or condemn. Expect nothing less from the Times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Hmmm, not hyper-impressed, me. 'I have nothing but fear and loathing for guns...' she wrote.

Why?

And 'sniper sights'?

Really?

She even got to shoot the rifle, too, something that would have been illegal in UK for a 'visitor'.

How does that work out in Ireland?

tac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

tac foley wrote: »
    Hmmm, not hyper-impressed, me. 'I have nothing but fear and loathing for guns...' she wrote.

Why?

And 'sniper sights'?

Really?

She even got to shoot the rifle, too, something that would have been illegal in UK for a 'visitor'.

How does that work out in Ireland?

tac

Par for the course with the Irish Times Tac, its the Irish version of the Manchester Guardian, all "right on" and "uber pc".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭flutered

I thought it was an excellent piece. The writer quite clearly is not into guns and will never be a hunter, but she writes very informatively and does not seek to either romanticise or condemn. Expect nothing less from the Times.
    what, the times is nuteral

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭useurowname

Well it's the best piece I've seen written in mainstream Irish media anout hunting in many a year. She's writing as an outsider on a sport and I think it's a fair piece, she's taken the time to actually go on a stalk and research her facts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,066 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Not the worst I've read.Apart from the odd amatuer mistake,it's pretty neutral.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
Advertisement