Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are horses allowed through Raven Forest, Curracloe?

Options
  • 09-04-2017 7:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Yo, anyone know if it's legal to ride horses through Raven Forest at Curracloe? There have been a few folk riding horses through the middle forest paths the last few days and there's horse dung everywhere!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

Yo, anyone know if it's legal to ride horses through Raven Forest at Curracloe? There have been a few folk riding horses through the middle forest paths the last few days and there's horse dung everywhere!

In short; yes. there are some conditions but they are allowed.
    They are even allowed on the beach (subject to conditions again).

Its a forest; you'll find it full of dung from a variety of animals and, more depressingly, with the detritus of people who have been drinking and shagging there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 brophyg28270

It's a pity, I always walk along the path through the middle of forest (not the main one but a narrow sand trail), and have been doing it for years. It's always clean too. As of last week it's covered in hoof marks and big piles of dung! I'm not impressed! Next time I see the guys on the horses I might ask them if they could clean up after their horses and see what they say. Thanks for info Ezra!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 brophyg28270

Yo update to this - I'm just after ringing Wexford Wildfowl Reserve and it is illegal to ride horses through Raven Forest (the horses damage the forest apparently). Any sightings should be reported to Wexford Wildfowl Reserve. Hurray, no more poop!

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Yo update to this - I'm just after ringing Wexford Wildfowl Reserve and it is illegal to ride horses through Raven Forest (the horses damage the forest apparently). Any sightings should be reported to Wexford Wildfowl Reserve. Hurray, no more poop!

That was my understanding of the situation too. AFAIK the only notable exception being Equine SAR, a local horse mounted rescue unit who have permission to train occasionally. I doubt they would leave it in the described condition.

Advertisement