Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro sign appearing as "€"

Options
  • 09-04-2017 10:13am

Anytime I've put in the euro symbol in the past two days it has come out as € instead.

€ (using alt, ctrl and euro symbol)

€ (using alt gr and euro symbol)

Needless to say I've had no problem with using this symbol (via the above two ways) previously. Is it a Boards issue (the euro symbol comes out perfectly in Google, for instance)? Any solution?

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,726 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Happening on and off to me too. I've used it from mobile and laptop and happens for both although oddly, I've had the euro symbol appear and not appear even within the one post.

Other special characters are also getting butchered.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I believe it's a known issue, and a fix is in the works.

Excellent. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I just use a capital E for the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

I tried using the ? (Euro sign) in bargain alerts yesterday, but it kept changing to a ? (question mark)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,697 ✭✭✭brian_t

brian_t wrote: »
    I tried using the ? (Euro sign) in bargain alerts yesterday, but it kept changing to a ? (question mark)

Just to add that when I use ? (thats e with a fada) it comes out as a ? (question mark).

I noticed this when I was using the proper spelling of our second TV channel RTE Two.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement