Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire by the windmills last night

Options
  • 09-04-2017 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what started the fire up on the hill last night (where the windmills are). It looked pretty big

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Not sure which hill you mean but if it's out by Loughrea, I've no idea who started the fire, but I was up there for a stroll on Saturday and there's no shortage of rubbish tipped into the ditches etc, could have started from that.

As we were walking along the track into the windmills we could hear doughnuts being pulled at the head of the road (at 2 in the day, with a couple of cars parked nearby) so seems to be a popular spot for eejitry as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,655 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

hoody wrote: »
    Not sure which hill you mean but if it's out by Loughrea, I've no idea who started the fire, but I was up there for a stroll on Saturday and there's no shortage of rubbish tipped into the ditches etc, could have started from that.

As we were walking along the track into the windmills we could hear doughnuts being pulled at the head of the road (at 2 in the day, with a couple of cars parked nearby) so seems to be a popular spot for eejitry as well.

Perhaps the OP was referring to the fire in Furbo ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hello, sorry not sure what the area is called but as such the windmills on the hill...I have seen the rubbish up there too it is a shame, was thinking tis mad they went to all that effort of putting it in a car so why not just bring it to a skip... A real shame.. The boy racers too, mind at least they are doing it up there away from traffic and people...

Milly33 wrote: »
    Hello, sorry not sure what the area is called but as such the windmills on the hill...I have seen the rubbish up there too it is a shame, was thinking tis mad they went to all that effort of putting it in a car so why not just bring it to a skip... A real shame.. The boy racers too, mind at least they are doing it up there away from traffic and people...
    Galway county is a big area - which part of the county are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Haha suppose that would be handy sorry thought i mentioned Loughrea

• Advertisement
Advertisement