Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunderland vs Manchester United 09-04-17 sky sports one and sky sports mix.

Comments

murpho999 wrote: »
    He didn't jump in with intent to injure. Played the ball.

It's a yellow at worst.

I just don't get how a player is supposed to attempt a sliding tackle without having studs up.

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    You are coming across bitter
    How do you know what I'd say?

It was the correct call for a studs up challenge that if landed elsewhere could have been bad for Herrera

Not bitter at all but your bias stands out a mile off.

Hate seeing red cards being given that are not deserved and now the game is ruined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Herrera is acting like he was badly hit. There was no actual contact so I dunno why he is faking injury as the player has been sent off already, why continue the charade.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Niall Quinn talking sh1te here. That was a red card. Larssons foot was high and lead with his studs, he has no one to blame but himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Bridge93 wrote: »
    He won the ball. It went 20 yards towards united goal

Lol...so its okay if I win the ball with a flying kick but take your head off at the same time.

Hate seeing red cards being given that are not deserved and now the game is ruined.

Same could be said to you.
    I'd take a guess if it was the other way round you would be laughing to yourself and wouldn't post a word about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Actually its your bias that stands out by a mile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Refs are utterly inconsistent on that - that's the problem.

Seen Barkley & Rojo & Bale do the same (some more than once) with no card or yellow card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Jesus Pogba and Miki have been Chronic today

I thought Jesus played for City;)

Bridge93 wrote: »
    He won the ball. It went 20 yards towards united goal

your not well up on the rules these days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

If you don't think that's a red, then the tackle on Coleman wasn't a red.

The injury shouldn't be a factor in the card colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Man Utd are pathetic. There was no pace, malice or danger in that tackle. His foot slowly went over the top of the ball. Daft decision.

Remember when your team was a bunch of players who played for the team and love of the game not to dab when they score or feign injuries to get sent off?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

SlickRic wrote: »
    Herrera is always liable to assist in someone getting sent off.

One of the most unlikable players in the league.

Him and the rest of the United squad make up the full list of unlikable players I assume.

Glazers Out!

°°°°°

Man Utd are pathetic. There was no pace, malice or danger in that tackle. His foot slowly went over the top of the ball. Daft decision.

Remember when your team was a bunch of players who played for the team and love of what game not to dab when they score or feign injuries to get sent off?

The referee sent the player off, nobody else.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Lol...so its okay if I win the ball with a flying kick but take your head off at the same time.

Did I say that? I was replying to someone saying he didn't win the play. I thought it was a red. You need to have a few deep breaths and calm down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Remember when your team was a bunch of players who played for the team and love of what game not to dab when they score or feign injuries to get sent off?

That's football these days. It's not just a United thing.

It's become increasingly difficult to stay attached to the sport at a high level.

nullzero wrote: »
    Him and the rest of the United squad make up the full list of unlikable players I assume.

Bunch of spoiled ****s. Worse than Chelsea and Man City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I thought it was a harsh red too but Herrera been bashed for it is nonsense.

The more other fans hate him the more I love Herrera.

Same could be said to you.
    I'd take a guess if it was the other way round you would be laughing to yourself and wouldn't post a word about it

Not at all, I might not support Utd but I do like fairness and correct reffing.

I don't believe that everything your team does is always right and your opponents and rivals are always wrong.

chupacabra wrote: »
    Actually its your bias that stands out by a mile.

By disagreeing with a controversial red card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

your not well up on the rules these days

See comment just above this. Jesus Christ, united fans lashing out all over the place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

The referee sent the player off, nobody else.

That was also ander's mind control he pulled the red out for the ref.

°°°°°

Bunch of spoiled ****s. Worse than Chelsea and Man City

Don't get me started on those spoilt brats at Liverpool...

Glazers Out!

You can always spot the hatred when the game is going Utds way
    It makes me happy however

TheDoctor wrote: »

Tackle was not over aggressive or over the top. It was aimed at ball with no intent to injure. He also made ZERO contact with Herrera's left leg, which is where the tackle was close to. What is funny is Herrera is jumping around holding his right leg, which was NO where near the tackle whatsoever. It's all a bit much to be on sideline pretending to get treatment on a leg that was not involved in incident.

°°°°°

limnam wrote: »
    That was also ander's mind control he pulled the red out for the ref.

Where exactly was Ander Herrera when JFK was assassinated?

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

If I were Moyes I'd be more annoyed about not getting the penalty than the red card

Some real bitterness in here today..

Tackle was not over aggressive or over the top. It was aimed at ball with no intent to injure. He also made ZERO contact with Herrera's left leg, which is where the tackle was close to. What is funny is Herrera is jumping around holding his right leg, which was NO where near the tackle whatsoever. It's all a bit much to be on sideline pretending to get treatment on a leg that was not involved in incident.
    I'm surprised you spelled his name correctly​, you seemed lost with Ibras

Looking at a quiet match thread today.

Needed something like that to drag the usuals in.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Not for me. Some of the Utd players I actually like, but he is one that I really do detest.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    I thought it was a harsh red too but Herrera been bashed for it is nonsense.

The more other fans hate him the more I love Herrera.

Thanks for supporting the cancer killing the game. There's nothing admirable about overacting and feigning an injury.

I only wish injuries on players who do it. He's on the list with David Luiz and Drogba for over dramatic bull****.

I change my mind, it was a clear red.

I'm surprised you spelled his name correctly​, you seemed lost with Ibras

Apparently Bourne can call players a bitch all he wants

All TV pundits, including Phil Neville, saying red was wrong as well, I suppose they're all wrong and bitter?

Clearly over the top, ball isn't that big.

All TV pundits, including Phil Neville, saying red was wrong as well, I suppose they're all wrong and bitter?

None of them crying about Herrera either

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

People saying he didn't get hit, replay shoes top of the studs hit his calf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

SlickRic wrote: »
    Herrera is always liable to assist in someone getting sent off.

One of the most unlikable players in the league.

Ah come on now. You can see from the replay he was caught on the shin. But I'm sure all the people watching on Boards can tell from television that it wasn't as painful as he made it out to be.

Tackle on Coleman wasn't a red so, should be in overturned on appeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Herrera is a good lad. To me he is probably the most likeable player in the prem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

What happened happened. I just hope United take advantage of the 1 man advantage and score more.

I think it was a red but comparing it to the tackle on Coleman is ridiculous.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Some real bitterness in here today..
    Looking at a quiet match thread today.

Needed something like that to drag the usuals in.

Enough of this please. Stick to the game and not who other posters follow.

Hococop wrote: »
    People saying he didn't get hit, replay shoes top of the studs hit his calf

Yea I think it did. Even halftime team don't see that. I think top of his boot hit Herrera just below his right knee, clipped him very high.

eigrod wrote: »

I think it was a red but comparing it to the tackle on Coleman is ridiculous.

Why? Same tackle.

The injury should be irrelevant what the card colour is.

Unearthly wrote: »
    Herrera is a good lad. To me he is probably the most likeable player in the prem

He's pathetic. How any man can say they respect a little whiney **** like him is crazy. If he did any playacting ****e like he usually does outside football he'd be ridiculed and rightly so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

The player was caught on the top of the shin.

Do I think it was a sending off?

No.

However there was contact made and anyone that gets a bang on the shin with any kind of force will say it's none too pleasent.

If Herrera went down rolling around i could understand the outrage but its clearly a case of peoples feelings about United and the player that are clouding what they are saying.

Unearthly wrote: »

He's pathetic. How any man can say they respect a little whiney **** like him is crazy. If he did any playacting ****e like he usually does outside football he'd be ridiculed and rightly so.

You must hate watching Barcelona so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Thanks for supporting the cancer killing the game. There's nothing admirable about overacting and feigning an injury.

I only wish injuries on players who do it. He's on the list with David Luiz and Drogba for over dramatic bull****.

Your trying to preach about standards? Your a disgusting piece of......... Off with ya.

• Advertisement

Rod Munch wrote: »
    The player was caught on the top of the shin.

Do I think it was a sending off?

No.

However there was contact made and anyone that gets a bang on the shin with any kind of force will say it's none too pleasent.

If Herrera went down rolling around i could understand the outrage but its clearly a case of peoples feelings about United and the player that are clouding what they are saying.

He did go down rolling, and United are my favourite of the top teams, well they were until they became a bunch of heartless dabbing mercenaries.

Advertisement