Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunderland vs Manchester United 09-04-17 sky sports one and sky sports mix.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

It'll be interesting to see the Utd's fans reaction when Herrara makes a similar challenge...shouldn't take long.

Phil thinks it's an orange card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

TheDoctor wrote: »
    You must hate watching Barcelona so.

Yes the playacting drives me insane.
    Real Madrid worse at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Rod Munch wrote: »
    The player was caught on the top of the shin.

Do I think it was a sending off?

No.

However there was contact made and anyone that gets a bang on the shin with any kind of force will say it's none too pleasent.

If Herrera went down rolling around i could understand the outrage but its clearly a case of peoples feelings about United and the player that are clouding what they are saying.

He did go down rolling, and United are my favourite of the top teams, well they were until they became a bunch of heartless dabbing mercenaries.

He hopped on the spot and sat down.

No rolling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Why? Same tackle.

The injury should be irrelevant what the card colour is.

It wasn't the same tackle and stop putting words in my mouth - i never referred to the injury. Larsson got the ball, his foot slid over the the top of the ball into Herrera's shins.

Reckless so red, but nowhere near the force of the tackle on Coleman cos the force went on the ball, hence it went 20 yards up the pitch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Unearthly wrote: »
    Herrera is a good lad. To me he is probably the most likeable player in the prem

I wouldn't say he is unlikable, I think he is a bit too dim to be unlikable.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Your trying to preach about standards? Your a disgusting piece of......... Off with ya.

Karma is a ****, Herrera and players like him ruin the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

murpho999 wrote: »
    All TV pundits, including Phil Neville, saying red was wrong as well, I suppose they're all wrong and bitter?

So you're suggesting that Jamie Rednapp today is the first time he's ever been right in his life?

Fascinating...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

He's pathetic. How any man can say they respect a little whiney **** like him is crazy. If he did any playacting ****e like he usually does outside football he'd be ridiculed and rightly so.

You have Lee Cattermole pyjama's on you right now don't you.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Suck it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Go on miki

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Lovely stuff

Nice ball by shaw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Good goal.

Game over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Race for 4th is alive and well. Game on

Miki just got my M!Ckie going

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Good assist from Shaw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Great finish

eigrod wrote: »
    Why? Same tackle.

It wasn't the same tackle and stop putting words in my mouth - i never referred to the injury. Larsson got the ball, his foot slid over the the top of the ball into Herrera's shins.

Reckless so red, but nowhere near the force of the tackle on Coleman cos the force went on the ball, hence it went 20 yards up the pitch

Touching the ball doesn't stop it being a foul.

The ball didn't slow down the force of his foot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Go way out of that lads

He regularly whines, moans and yells at referees. He's one of the worst I've seen in recent memory at it.

He often makes the absolute most out of fouls or tackles, looking like he's been properly done. He hopped on one leg there whole remonstrating as if he'd been badly hurt.

I'm fully aware other players have these sides to their game, so don't bother playing that card. He just strikes me as particularly good at these dark arts.

Am I not allowed find a player unlikable now without it turning into 'ah, all the Liverpool lads are just hating a Utd player'?

Someone else mentioned Gerrard's stamp for some reason. Obvious is obvious. He 100% deserved to be sent off that day. Did I think Herrera looked like a whiny bítch during it? Yes. But that was obviously a sending off. Though I've no idea why that was brought up out of the blue, other than just to paint this as 'the Liverpool lads have an issue with Utd'.

I'd like to think I've proven to be slightly better than that shíte.

GAME OVER

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Lovely goal, but we want more.

So good most of United's remaining matches are away from home.

Race for 4th is alive and well. Game on

Not at all it still don't take away from the fact that ye keep winning your games we are not going to win all ours not good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Well the 1-1 prediction is done,hopefully we don't sit back.Time to rack up a few.

SlickRic wrote: »
    He regularly whines, moans and yells at referees. He's one of the worst I've seen in recent memory at it.

He often makes the absolute most out of fouls or tackles, looking like he's been properly done. He hopped on one leg there whole remonstrating as if he'd been badly hurt.

I'm fully aware other players have these sides to their game, so don't bother playing that card. He just strikes me as particularly good at these dark arts.

Am I not allowed find a player unlikable now without it turning into 'ah, all the Liverpool lads are just hating a Utd player'?

Someone else mentioned Gerrard's stamp for some reason. Obvious is obvious. He 100% deserved to be sent off that day. Did I think Herrera looked like a whiny bítch during it? Yes. But that was obviously a sending off. Though I've no idea why that was brought up out of the blue, other than just to paint this as 'the Liverpool lads have an issue with Utd'.

He was clearly caught on the shin but don't let that get in the way of your obvious dislike of a player

Ouch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The only upside to this is it more or less sinks Sunderland who are a stain on the Prem

League is second in line for United now.

Europa League is priority.

Only Sky care about the United battling for top 4 rhetoric.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

We should be resting Zlatan now for Thursday, but he plays every minute.

You have Lee Cattermole pyjama's on you right now don't you.

Lee Cattermole is massively overrated but I respect him for not being a little playacting **** .

Pickford and Kone really poor there.

• Advertisement

Not at all it still don't take away from the fact that ye keep winning your games we are not going to win all ours not good enough.

Next round interesting
    West Brom having great season, Liverpool face them away from home.
    United take on Chelsea at home. I'd rather play Chelsea at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Why? Same tackle.

It's not remotely the same tackle, the whataboutery is ridiculous.

The only upside to this is it more or less sinks Sunderland who are a stain on the Prem

Yes Sunderland are a stain and not the overfunded ****e support London clubs full of overhyped and overpaid players.

Utd's counter counter-attack!

Next round interesting
    West Brom having great season, Liverpool face them away from home.
    United take on Chelsea at home. I'd rather play Chelsea at home.

Odds on to be a draw sure.

fullstop wrote: »
    Why? Same tackle.

It's not remotely the same tackle, the whataboutery is ridiculous.

Why isn't it?

Both high, both went through the player.

• Advertisement

If they win their games in hand they are joint 4th. This fake bull**** saying utd have no hope 4th is embarrassing to read.

SlickRic wrote: »

Every team needs to have a bit of a bastard.

You have iirc said it yourself about LFC.

We have Ander.

Odds on to be a draw sure.

That's yer problem.
    Your home wins are on a par with team fighting relegation.
    6 wins at home is poor, there are teams in bottom 6 with more wins at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

niallo27 wrote: »
    If they win their games in hand they are joint 4th. This fake bull**** saying utd have no hope 4th is embarrassing to read.

Nope gave up after the Bournemouth game, we wasted so many chances when opposition messed up in the last number of weeks and our remaining games are not easy

Our games in hand are City away and Southampton away.

Outside those games we play Spurs away and Arsenal away. Also Chelsea at home.

Top 4 is gone, Jose knows it as can be seen Jose resting De Gea and Valencia, two of our better players this season for Thursday night.

Europa League is priority now

• Advertisement

Been a great performance from Shaw today so far

On the basis of how we have played for months, do we think we have a chance of winning all our games which include City, Arsenal and Chelsea?

Cos I don't.

Of course its still possible but only the most naive of fans would think it's any way likely.

Looked a handball

Of course there is hope but it's called been realistic if you find that embarrassing then ok.

we have 8 games left four of them are against city, Chelsea arsenal and spurs we are not going to win all 8 games and play maybe another five on Europe also its massive long shot if you can't understand why people would say it's as good as over im embarrassed for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Remember when Herrera had insane stats for shots on target? He can't seem to hit a barn door now.

That's yer problem.
    Your home wins are on a par with team fighting relegation.
    6 wins at home is poor, there are teams in bottom 6 with more wins at home.

They were saying before the game that the last time we drew this many games was the season we won the treble.

Just shows how much the league has improved since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Can't remember the last time Ander had a good shot on goal everytime it's wide and we'll over

Rod Munch wrote: »
    On the basis of how we have played for months, do we think we have a chance of winning all our games which include City, Arsenal and Chelsea?

Cos I don't.

Of course its still possible but only the most naive of fans would think it's any way likely.

Why do you need to win all the games. Liverpool will drop a lot of points from now until the end of the season. It's tough but it's easily achievable.

sky88 wrote: »
    Can't remember the last time Ander had a good shot on goal everytime it's wide and we'll over

QPR and Leicester games when he joined us are the ones I remember

Utd play too much slow predictable football to finish in the top 4 esp when you consider how many decent sides they have to play

• Advertisement
Advertisement