Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunderland vs Manchester United 09-04-17 sky sports one and sky sports mix.

Comments

Shaw injured?
    Ankle got clipped, maybe precaution

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Ah pogba

niallo27 wrote: »
    Why do you need to win all the games. Liverpool will drop a lot of points from now until the end of the season. It's tough but it's easily achievable.

Its fairly simple we had much better chances to get into the top 4 against easier opposition then we will be facing in the run in, is it really hard to understand that we arent optimistic or thinking its not our best way into the champions league next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

That's yer problem.
    Your home wins are on a par with team fighting relegation.
    6 wins at home is poor, there are teams in bottom 6 with more wins at home.

Think everyone including jose knows the problem.

It requires alot more players then just ibra to be able finish a shot to unlock a team sitting back to defend we creat but just don't finish enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

It's tough but it's easily achievable.

oG9xw_s-200x150.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Honest question for the United fans here. Do you think Pogba will ever repay the 100 million paid for him? He's obviously been underwhelming, at times good but mostly pretty poor to a point where you could have probably had NDong and not noticed a huge difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Hopefully Rashford scores today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Its fairly simple we had much better chances to get into the top 4 against easier opposition then we will be facing in the run in, is it really hard to understand that we arent optimistic or thinking its not our best way into the champions league next year

I understand that but I'm talking about utd supporters who are writing off the league as if they are 20 points behind 4th. Utd will go level if they win their games in hand. Why not be optimistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Honest question for the United fans here. Do you think Pogba will ever repay the 100 million paid for him? He's obviously been underwhelming, at times good but mostly pretty poor to a point where you could have probably had NDong and not noticed a huge difference.

I'd be thrilled if he repaid us 100 million.

11 million profit!!

• Advertisement

I understand that but I'm talking about utd supporters who are writing off the league as if they are 20 points behind 4th. Utd will go level if they win their games in hand. Why not be optimistic.

because we have had way better chances to do so and havent what arent you understanding or are you just on the wind up again

Because, as you well know, its the hope that kills you.

On a roll today
    Amount of misery
    Thread already getting a score of 10/10 for the "would read again" award

TheDoctor wrote: »
    I'd be thrilled if he repaid us 100 million.

11 million profit!!
    Thought he was 100, apologies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Because Jose knows EL is the easier route to Champions League and has already started resting players for PL matches.

See De Gea and Valencia today

Easily, 7 goals and 5 assists and it will get better.

• Advertisement

Apparently 105 million euro now that I looked it up, I stand by my original post

Time will tell.

He has age on his side.

If he stays with us for the next 7 to 8 years and he helps us get a couple of league titles, maybe a CL then of course he would pay it back.

People (rivals mostly) are just using his fee as a stick to beat him and United with, that's par for the course.

He has been in the main underwhelming but I will cut him some slack, this year.

If he continues on playing the way he has next year then serious questions will have to be asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭eigrod

€105m

RobertKK wrote: »
    Easily, 7 goals and 5 assists and it will get better.

Is that all in the premier league? Every time I've watched him he's been ****e, attitude in particular is gash.

Terrible today too.

because we have had way better chances to do so and havent what arent you understanding or are you just on the wind up again

Yes utd have constantly ****ed up but yet still despite this they will go level. Does that not make you optimistic. Any run at all they have a great chance.

• Advertisement

Yes utd have constantly ****ed up but yet still despite this they will go level. Does that not make you optimistic. Any run at all they have a great chance.

Nope got my hopes up too many times when we had chances and ****ed it up 80-90% of the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,620 ✭✭✭eigrod

Plus there are 2 teams 'catchable', one of whom they have to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Our form
    Our run in, particularly Arsenal and Spurs away in two of our last three games
    The other teams around us form
    The other teams around us run in
    The amount of games we may still have to play in Europe
    The amount of games the teams around us don't have to play in Europe.
    Form.
    Form.
    Form.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Is that all in the premier league? Every time I've watched him he's been ****e, attitude in particular is gash.

Terrible today too.

4 goals and 3 assists in 26 PL games.

He has scored some important goals too. I think the people most concerned about his price are not United fans.

Why not show a bit of optimism. It won't kill ye. It's only Liverpool ahead.

Wind up alert, wind up alert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,281 ✭✭✭limnam

Nah, he's finished.

Ask us a hard one.

4 goals and 3 assists in 26 PL games.

He has scored some important goals too. I think the people most concerned about his price are not United fans.

You can't ignore the price. I mean you can rightly criticise him and Utd for spending that much money on him for 4 goals and 3 assists, and plenty of anonymous performances.

It's made even worse by the fact he's obsessed with his hair and own hashtag.

That all said I will reserve my full judgement until the end of next season. Poor start for one of the worlds most expensive players though. Griezmann would have been a more efficient purchase imo

limnam wrote: »
    Nah, he's finished.

Ask us a hard one.

He forgot busted flush / nothing player bill

Anyway match thread.

So noticeable that we have no wingback bombing down the left since Shaw went off. I don't know what Jose problem is or Shaws problem is but I hope it's sorted because we need that regular threat down both wings.

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Anyway match thread.

So noticeable that we have no wingback bombing down the left since Shaw went off. I don't know what Jose problem is or Shaws problem is but I hope it's sorted because we need that regular threat down both wings.

He got a knock on his ankle. I think it was precautionary sub

Why not show a bit of optimism. It won't kill ye. It's only Liverpool ahead.

Factually incorrect.

You are also making an error in thinking it matters who is ahead, who is ahead doesn't play our games for us. Doesn't draw our games for us.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Silly booking to get Fellaini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭adox

Pogba has been hugely underwhelming for Utd so far this season. Utd would have been better served spending the money elsewhere on two or three players.

M!Ck^ wrote: »

He was also on a yellow, made sense

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Hopefully that's all it is and not another injury would love to see him getting a run in the team he is such an improvement.

Silly booking to get Fellaini.

He wanted a souvenir for his captains days out

You can't ignore the price. I mean you can rightly criticise him and Utd for spending that much money on him for 4 goals and 3 assists, and plenty of anonymous performances.

That all said I will reserve my full judgement until the end of next season. Poor start for one of the worlds most expensive players though. Griezmann would have been a more efficient purchase imo

You can't ignore the price, you also can't pretend its the be all and end all.

How does his hair obsession have an impact on his game? What parameters do you use to compare the two. Can you illustrate with a graph maybe?

Are you sure you meant Griezmann?

Yellow my arse

• Advertisement

Hope he does the peoples elbow with the armband after the game haha

In the previous game where we were losing, Pogba was brought on as a sub, the most noticeable change was how positive in play Pogba was compared to what when on before he arrived on the pitch.
    Very attacking and always wanting to get the ball forward.

Maybe United will have Griezmann next season, he said he wants to play at club level with Pogba.

He all ready had one, rockwell in his pocket. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,382 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Pickford dive.

Infuriating seeing keepers do that. They're so protected as is.

adox wrote: »
    Pogba has been hugely underwhelming for Utd so far this season. Utd would have been better served spending the money elsewhere on two or three players.

He isn't the issue, delighted to have him at the club but like I said when they were buying him. On his own he isn't going to be enough, he doesn't have the game to control the tempo in midfield, or the discipline/awareness to do the job required of a midfielder with defensive responsibilities.

Hopefully this is addressed over the summer and we see him flourish.

Jesus rojo takes dangerous risks

• Advertisement

Pogba to hit the Post again?

You can't ignore the price, you also can't pretend its the be all and end all.

How does his hair obsession have an impact on his game? What parameters do you use to compare the two. Can you illustrate with a graph maybe?

Are you sure you meant Griezmann?

I stated that's why he's deserving of ridicule and criticism when combined with his performances. It shows a lack of professionalism or care especially given his high price tag.

Stupid tackle

• Registered Users Posts: 9,640 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

It doesn't help when the so called experts are criticising a ref for correctly issuing a red card.

I stated that's why he's deserving of ridicule and criticism when combined with his performances. It shows a lack of professionalism or care especially given his high price tag.

So nothing to back it up then, just nonsense. That's ok, loads of people hold nonsensical views on football.

• Advertisement
Advertisement