Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunderland vs Manchester United 09-04-17 sky sports one and sky sports mix.

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Poor Sunderland fans. They arrive at the Stadium of Light ever couple of weeks and see a Stadium of Shiite,
    Usually a club has a great season here and there, they're always struggling it seems.

That is funny.
    I will add that nickname to the Emptyhad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The Martial one on the keeper, he didn't dive but it was a foul imo. You don't need to make a challenge i.e. tackle, for it to be a foul. If you keep running into a player while he's kicking you're going to catch him as he's kicking it, it wasn't particularly bad or anything like that and a yellow was harsh, but it's a foul. You don't need to 'tackle with your leg' for it to be a foul.

Not related to the Herrera thing at all by the way either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Onwards and upwards.

Time to focus on adding more silverware this season.

Nice warm up session today for Thurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

adox wrote: »
    What's that got to do with the point I was making?

If you can't see by now there is no point in telling. You are not going to get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

niallo27 wrote: »
    If you can't see by now there is no point in telling. You are not going to get it.

Yeah so nothing. Whataboutery from you.

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    On a roll today
    Amount of misery
    Thread already getting a score of 10/10 for the "would read again" award

Totally would read again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Always love how a fella who nearly gets broke up in a tackle then gets booed cos the culprit gets the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Dermot Gallagher on ref watch saying it shouldnt have been a red.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

No point in putting up a screen grab of the tackle. A freeze-frame of a split second incident is no indicator of what actually happened. It was a yellow at best. Awful decision by the ref.

• Advertisement

Again the point missed, but I have a feeling peops know that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    No point in putting up a screen grab of the tackle. A freeze-frame of a split second incident is no indicator of what actually happened. It was a yellow at best. Awful decision by the ref.

The picture is not to do with whether it was a red or yellow. Its putting the argument that Herrera milked it and that there was no contact to bed.

Bridge93 wrote: »
    The picture is not to do with whether it was a red or yellow. Its putting the argument that Herrera milked it and that there was no contact to bed.

It doesn't put it to bed though. As I said, a freeze frame from any angle can be shown to look like contact was made. Thats my point... Reposting freeze-frames proves nothing... and putting a big red circle around it like.."look!!see!! here's where he got him on the shin !!!" really doesnt mean a whole lot.

It puts to bed that fact that people continued to forget he clearly got caught on the shin, because they have some outright dislike of the player / Man Utd and continued to elude to him being the reason the player was sent off.
    It was a bad tackle and could have been alot worse and Herrera was caught on the shin and the ref sent the Sunderland player off for that reason.
    These are the facts.

It puts to bed that fact that people continued to forget he clearly got caught on the shin, because they have some outright dislike of the player / Man Utd and continued to elude to him being the reason the player was sent off.
    It was a bad tackle and could have been alot worse and Herrera was caught on the shin and the ref sent the Sunderland player off for that reason.
    These are the facts.

The only fact is the ref sent him off. Unless we have evidence of him being caught on the shin its all hearsay, and no amount of drawing red circles on freeze-frames proves otherwise.
    And people are entitled to boo if they think a player has contributed to one of theirs getting sent off... I dont think hopping around then collapsing on the ground, then holding his leg up in the air as if it was about to fall off did Herrara any favours. :D:D

The only fact is the ref sent him off. Unless we have evidence of him being caught on the shin its all hearsay, and no amount of drawing red circles on freeze-frames proves otherwise.
    And people are entitled to boo if they think a player has contributed to one of theirs getting sent off... I dont think hopping around then collapsing on the ground, then holding his leg up in the air as if it was about to fall off did Herrara any favours. :D:D

There is a picture of him getting caught on the shin.
    There are replays showing he got caught on the shin.
    That is a fact.
    I don't give a fiddlers what the fans in the crowd think, boo away all they want. It was the nonsense that was spouted in here yesterday about the sending off.

There is a picture of him getting caught on the shin.
    There are replays showing he got caught on the shin.
    That is a fact.
    I don't give a fiddlers what the fans in the crowd think, boo away all they want. It was the nonsense that was spouted in here yesterday about the sending off.

Nonsense in a match day thread?!! Who would have thought. :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Dermot Gallagher on ref watch saying it shouldnt have been a red.

He went on to say you could ask 18 ref's and get 9 answering red and 9 answering yellow. He mentioned it was one that would divide opinion. not as clear cut as the above makes it out to be.

His reasoning was around the speed of the challenge for me that' not really relevant it was bad at higher speed it would be worse but that's not enough to be yellow IMHO.

Did he go over the top? Yes
    Did he catch the player? Yes
    Was it dangerous ? Yes
    Was he in control? No

If that != red, what do you need to do? actually break the leg?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

It doesn't put it to bed though. As I said, a freeze frame from any angle can be shown to look like contact was made. Thats my point... Reposting freeze-frames proves nothing... and putting a big red circle around it like.."look!!see!! here's where he got him on the shin !!!" really doesnt mean a whole lot.

God damn those photoshoppers!

Shaggy is right, but. It could just as easy show proof the tackle is missed :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Yellow card imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Well one thing it's not is hearsay.
    We can all watch the incident over and over again and make our own judgement of it. We are not dependant on someone else's interpretation and recollection of the event.

Hearsay: information received from other people which cannot be substantiated; rumour.

Shaggy is right, but. It could just as easy show proof the tackle is missed :confused:

#bantz

Appeal rejected by the FA

Expected really

Serves his three match ban for a bad tackle

Expected really

uKmuw6n.jpg

Expected really

I cant believe your photoshopped picture which was still no proof of a tackle fooled the FA mick. Must have been that yellow circle.

Advertisement