Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MNSCI affiliate to NASRPC

Options
  • 09-04-2017 12:10pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This was asked of me in another thread a few months back.:
    Didn't I read here lately that Midlands are building a gallery range or ranges.
    Cass wrote: »
    They are indeed.

A 20-24 bay range for "everyday shooting" and then a separate 60 bay range with room to expand to 80 or even 100 if needs be. Will take a little time but next year will kick start it.
    Maybe there are plans to affiliate with NASRPC or GRPAI and get into gallery shooting?
    Cass wrote:
    No idea. I'm not on the MNSCI committee and so not privvy to anything on that level.

Just read this.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Gleefulprinter

Cass wrote: »
    This was asked of me in another thread a few months back.:

Just read this.

It would be a great venue for the world championships.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

It would be a great venue for the world championships.

It has been stated and advertised that the World Championships are on in Harbour House this year.

clivej wrote: »
    It has been stated and advertised that the World Championships are on in Harbour House this year.

I know. That's why I said would.
    Be a great boost to a new super club though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

A statement on the NASRPC website says that the International is being held in MNSCI and not in Harbour House as advertised.

People have booked hotels etc in Kildare.

Bad form.

Why did they move it at this stage?

• Advertisement

Why did they move it at this stage?

Don't know.

Plenty of foreign shooters already have booked accommodation near HH.

The sh1t has well and truly hit the fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

The GRPAI holding a rake of training days and competitions in HH obviously wasn't going unnoticed.

Strider wrote: »
    The GRPAI holding a rake of training days and competitions in HH obviously wasn't going unnoticed.

Is that a legitimate reason to take the International from HH?

Aren't NASRPC competitions 'open' competitions in that you don't have to be a NASRPC member to take part?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Is that a legitimate reason to take the International from HH?

Aren't NASRPC competitions 'open' competitions in that you don't have to be a NASRPC member to take part?

It's the NASRPC's match and obviously they don't like what has been happening there and have decided to move on. I don't shoot gallery rifle so I don't really care about their little spat though I do note that one of the GRPAI's committee members asked Hilltop that the club not affiliate to the NASRPC this year by email read out at the AGM so it cuts both ways, the GRPAI are making their own moves behind the scenes too. It was only when I looked at the GRPAI's website tonight that I saw his name on their committee list, his position with the GRPAI wasn't highlighted as part of his submission (or at least wasn't part of the section read out).

Harbour House say anything on this?

• Advertisement

Harbour House say anything on this?

Don't know, I only found out when I saw the NASRPC FB post.

Not sure when or if HH were told.

Here's the statement:

Following a meeting of the governing body of the NASRPC the decision was made to change the venue of the 2017 NASRPC Irish Open and 2017 IGRF World Cup to Midlands National Shooting Centre of Ireland (MNSCI).
    All other aspects of the event - dates, disciplines, schedule, etc. - all remain the same.
    This difficult decision was reached in order to ensure continuity of the event.
    We have a large number of people travelling to Ireland to compete in the event, at great cost.
    We have large numbers of competitors here in Ireland making plans to compete in July.
    Our primary concern is that those competitors have the most enjoyable event possible.
    This is simply a short informational notice - We will have more detailed information in the coming days.
    If anyone has any questions about this decision or about the new venue - please feel free to contact competitions@nasrpc.ie

The governing body is the clubs right? If so Harbour House would have to know.
    Anyone know what they mean by continuity of the event?

Should this have its own thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

Here's the statement:

Following a meeting of the governing body of the NASRPC the decision was made to change the venue of the 2017 NASRPC Irish Open and 2017 IGRF World Cup to Midlands National Shooting Centre of Ireland (MNSCI).
    All other aspects of the event - dates, disciplines, schedule, etc. - all remain the same.
    This difficult decision was reached in order to ensure continuity of the event.
    We have a large number of people travelling to Ireland to compete in the event, at great cost.
    We have large numbers of competitors here in Ireland making plans to compete in July.
    Our primary concern is that those competitors have the most enjoyable event possible.
    This is simply a short informational notice - We will have more detailed information in the coming days.
    If anyone has any questions about this decision or about the new venue - please feel free to contact competitions@nasrpc.ie

The governing body is the clubs right? If so Harbour House would have to know.
    Anyone know what they mean by continuity of the event?

Should this have its own thread?
    I put it up guessing it's going to be separate as it's notting to do with MNSCI affiliation to NASRPC.

Advertisement