Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike lock holder

Options
  • 09-04-2017 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

I have a kryptonite series 4 bike lock and it does well, the only problem is the space it takes up on the frame when I'm not using it. The only place where it seemed to fit covers a few holes where I want to put a bottle holder.

Is there some sort of holder that I can get to hold it on my pannier rack or something? I tried locking it on there but it will just rattle around too much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Not a Series 4, but this works really well for my set-up, and you might be able to do something simlar:

113954.JPG

The little bungee cord is important to stop rattling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Where did you get the mini bungee cord (or 'serpent' as they used to be called in our house)?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Chuchote wrote: »
    Where did you get the mini bungee cord (or 'serpent' as they used to be called in our house)?
    I presume he made it from a standard sized one by pulling the elastic cord out through the coiled metal part, cut it and re-knotted it and slipped it back down into the metal part again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

It's also a tasteful black, like a French ballad singer. The only thing it lacks is the pointy ankle-boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Chuchote wrote: »

Got it years ago in Little Sport in Fairview, but when it goes the way of all serpents/bungee cords, I'll do what Wishbone Ash suggested.

• Advertisement
Advertisement