Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best accommodation for 2 night stay in Cork City?

Options
  • 09-04-2017 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Funds are low so i am on the lookout for the best offer. It is me and a 12 year old. I'd ideally prefer somewhere centrally located but would be willing to go to outer towns if there was a good bus service to city centre. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

There's no buses in Cork at the moment.

Try the Groupons and Done Deals. The Ambassador hotel often has deals.

Jury's Inn is probably cheap enough. Or one of the B&Bs out Western Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

There's loads of B&Bs on western road near UUC and its a nice walk into town.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

There are also B&Bs on Summerhill North and Wellington Road, very close to the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

The An Oige hostel, Sheila's Hostel , on Western Road may suit you. Private rooms available, child-based activities, space to relax, kitchen facilities...
    Do I sound like their PR person? No, just a fan of youth hostels.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Issacs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Shergar6

The An Oige hostel, Sheila's Hostel , on Western Road may suit you. Private rooms available, child-based activities, space to relax, kitchen facilities...
    Do I sound like their PR person? No, just a fan of youth hostels.

Pretty woeful reviews too. I know you get what you pay for but sounds a little too rough for me especially with a kid

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

Shergar6 wrote: »
    Funds are low so i am on the lookout for the best offer. It is me and a 12 year old. I'd ideally prefer somewhere centrally located but would be willing to go to outer towns if there was a good bus service to city centre. Thanks
    Unless the Bus Eireann strike is resolved before your stay, assume no buses. So, best to keep it central for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Looks like you can get Self Catering apartments up by Shandon (10 minute walk to the City), for two night at 115 total.
    Would depend on what street they're on up there, not the best of areas some of those back streets. Not the worst either.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

I would also recommend Western Road as it's very central. Are you driving? If coming by train, I'd stay closer to the station or summerhill in a B&B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Try an Air BnB should be plenty available for two nights cheaper than an ordinary B&B.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Are you driving? In that case look at other options outside the city and just spend the day in Cork.

As said, airbnb can be a good alternative if you want cheap and cheerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Are many doing air bnb in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Shergar6

Thanks everybody. I see pigsback have an offer for the Montennotte Hotel - anyone ever stayed there and how far from Patrick's St is it by foot?

Also looking at Air B & Bs

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Rhinohippo

Thanks everybody. I see pigsback have an offer for the Montennotte Hotel - anyone ever stayed there and how far from Patrick's St is it by foot?

It's an easy 400 / 500 metres downhill stroll into town. A bit harder on the way back up. A nice place to stay though. Quite comfortable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Montennotte is a fine hotel, good service, a pool, jacuzzi and steam room with a bar/dining area that has a good view of the city below...Def one of the better hotels in cork imo

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

20 minute walk into town.
    30 minutes back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

20 minute walk into town.
    30 minutes back

Pah...a beer or 2 in town...you'll fly up that little hill :)

Advertisement