Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD vs RCSI

Options
  • 09-04-2017 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey,
    Does anyone have any insights to RCSI vs UCD for GEM? Teaching? Facilities? Placement opportunities? 
    I'm an EU student.
    Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

As a former UCD student, from what I've heard.....UCD is definitely the way to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 trickski

PhoneMain wrote: »
    As a former UCD student, from what I've heard.....UCD is definitely the way to go!
    Thanks! Were you in GEM or a different program?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭PhoneMain

trickski wrote: »

GEM. I was talking to someone in the course last week, they were telling me that the exam set up is worse (you've to do finals in the summer of third year in each module whereas in UCD they're at the end of your module and thats it), no paeds or GP lectures, no streamed obs/gynae lectures to peripherals and it's 2,000 extra per year! Now I could be wrong but that's what I was told.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 trickski

PhoneMain wrote: »
    trickski wrote: »

GEM. I was talking to someone in the course last week, they were telling me that the exam set up is worse (you've to do finals in the summer of third year in each module whereas in UCD they're at the end of your module and thats it), no paeds or GP lectures, no streamed obs/gynae lectures to peripherals and it's 2,000 extra per year! Now I could be wrong but that's what I was told.
    Thanks a lot!!

Advertisement