Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Receives infraction from Mod for asking for some clarification from Mods

Options
  • 09-04-2017 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭

So I asked a question on the EU immigration thread I. The politics cafe today in relation to clarification on what could or could not be posted in there as it seemed to me that posters were getting carded for very little one of the modsCú Chulainn came back and clarified and that was grand he obviously didn't see anything wrong with my question otherwise he would have carded me a couple of hours later For Reals Red cards me and it kind of goes to prove my point that that thread is a no go zone. Which is a shame, if you look at the thread that someone started in there on Friday loads of cards given out and closed again by Cú Chulainn. I just sent a PM to
    Cú Chulainn To see what he thinks there has to be some level of consistency in modding on threads like this and to have a nuetral position if you have strong feelings on either side of the debate then you should step away and get someone else to mod the thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Good evening Snake Plisken,

as per the graphic at the top of the page, have you tried resolving this with the moderators in question? Please confirm that you have, before we go any further here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

mike_ie wrote: »
    Good evening Snake Plisken,

as per the graphic at the top of the page, have you tried resolving this with the moderators in question? Please confirm that you have, before we go any further here.

Sraight after opening this I sent a PM to the mod so we obviously need to give him sometime to respond.

Sraight after opening this I sent a PM to the mod so we obviously need to give him sometime to respond.

Thanks SP.

Given the lateness of the hour, I imagine it will probably be tomorrow before you get a reply. If you and the mods can't resolve this amicably, well take it forward here in DRP.

Fully understand I will check in tomorrow thanks

Hello Mike

I have tried to resolve my issue with For Reals but have not reached agreement on removing the red card infraction. I would like to continue to proceed with this process.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Good afternoon SP,

apologies for the delay, I was in transit for most of yesterday and didn't have time to give this my full attention until now.

I'm going to keep this brief. Questioning mod action in-thread is forbidden sitewide, as I'm sure you are aware, and is an infractable offence. Had that been the initial course of action taken, I would have upheld it in DRP. However the fact that another mod had already dealt with the situation satisfactorily by means of replying to your query means that in this case, I'd prefer to apply the spirit of the law rather than the letter of the law. I consider the issue as having been dealt with by the first moderator, therefore the red card applied later is superfluous.

On those grounds, I'm going to overturn the red card, however please be more careful with how you post as you are coming out the better end of this through luck rather than design. If you have an issue with moderation, feedback is the place to go, rather than querying it in-thread.

Is that satisfactory for you?

Good afternoon SP,

apologies for the delay, I was in transit for most of yesterday and didn't have time to give this my full attention until now.

I'm going to keep this brief. Questioning mod action in-thread is forbidden sitewide, as I'm sure you are aware, and is an infractable offence. Had that been the initial course of action taken, I would have upheld it in DRP. However the fact that another mod had already dealt with the situation satisfactorily by means of replying to your query means that in this case, I'd prefer to apply the spirit of the law rather than the letter of the law. I consider the issue as having been dealt with by the first moderator, therefore the red card applied later is superfluous.

On those grounds, I'm going to overturn the red card, however please be more careful with how you post as you are coming out the better end of this through luck rather than design. If you have an issue with moderation, feedback is the place to go, rather than querying it in-thread.

Is that satisfactory for you?

Yes Mike that's fine I'm actually going to stay out of that thread from now on as I see more posters banned yesterday, so best course of action is to stay away.
    Thanks again for coming back to me and sorry for the delay in responding busy with work this week.

No worries SP. I'll have the red card revoked and we can consider this as resolved.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'll have the red card revoked

Done. Closing this as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement