Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir 4g Coverage 95% by April 2017

Options
  • 09-04-2017 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭

Changed to Eir home broadband 4g last July and also a mobile phone package, have been eagerly awaiting 4g in my area as the mobile data coverage on mobile package is very poor and home broadband with Huawei 315 router has been pretty poor 1-2 mb download speed lately on 3g. Anyway here I am months later in April and still no 4g, the area I am in is mid Clare and 3 or 4 parishes all in the area of mid Clare still have no 4g coverage, any update as to what is going on here? Being located too far from exchange, dsl broadband is not an option, this was my last resort. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi cowlick, 

Thank you for getting in touch. 

I am very sorry to hear this. Can you please PM me your account number and full name and I will have a further look into this for you?

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cowlick

Hi Leanne,

Pm'd you, did you get it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi cowlick,

I am back in the office today I will check my PM's now. 

Apologies for the delay. 

Thanks, 
    Leanne. 

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cowlick

So Leanne, if there is as you said "no time frame", does this mean Eir have finished rolling out 4g now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

We haven't stopped rolling out 4G, however, we would be unable to advise on an estimated date as to when it will be available in your area.

I apologise for the inconvenience.

-Anna

• Advertisement
Advertisement