Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topeak Turbo morph pump gauge not working

Options
  • 10-04-2017 7:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

I bought a Turbo morph pump with gauge and went to use it yesterday for the first time and while the pump works, the gauge never seems to move. I was testing it out on a tube and the gauge never moved at any stage.

There were no real instructions with the pump, I just assumed the gauge would start moving when the tube started to inflate, but nothing.

Am I doing something wrong here? I'm planning to bring it back to the shop this evening but I'd hate it if I went there and it turns out I'm doing something stupid.

I bought it as I wanted to avoid having to buy a separate gauge to check tyre pressures but I might have to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Did you try it on a tyre?

It would take very little pressure for a tube to take shape.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

No, just tried it on a tube. The tube had inflated quite a bit and the gauge still hadn't budged. I was wondering if having it on a tyre would have made any difference but I figured the gauge should have at least moved at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

veganrun wrote: »
    No, just tried it on a tube. The tube had inflated quite a bit and the gauge still hadn't budged. I was wondering if having it on a tyre would have made any difference but I figured the gauge should have at least moved at some point.

The Tyre is what forces the pressure in the tube, if you are just testing it on a Tube its like blowing up a balloon and I wouldn't expect the pressure to register.

Ok, will give it a try on one of the wheels this evening.

Ok tried it on the wheel and it worked.

The pump itself is ok but the nozzle doesn't sit very well on the valve and easily can move when trying to inflate the tyre. One step forward, two steps back.

Thanks for the advice!

• Advertisement
Advertisement