Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liverpool marathon

Options
  • 10-04-2017 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever entered/ran this marathon before?
    I'm training for this and have flights and hotel already booked but have only just now noticed that there is no raceday registration for the marathon and all International participants will need to pick up their race packs during packet pickup on 26-27 May. I don't arrive in to Liverpool till the evening of the 27th. :(
    Is the race packet they post out to UK residents basically just your number, could i register with a UK based relation's address and get them to post the number to me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sideshowbob321

ooter wrote: »
    Has anyone ever entered/ran this marathon before?
    I'm training for this and have flights and hotel already booked but have only just now noticed that there is no raceday registration for the marathon and all International participants will need to pick up their race packs during packet pickup on 26-27 May. I don't arrive in to Liverpool till the evening of the 27th. :(
    Is the race packet they post out to UK residents basically just your number, could i register with a UK based relation's address and get them to post the number to me?

I haven't run it before but am signed up for the Full too. It's a massive pain in the hole having to pick up the race numbers and no postal option. I'm flying into Manchester earlyish on Saturday and heading down. The flights are not too bad. Reckon if you register with a UK address they'll post to that address and there's a cut off for that too. Let me know how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭ooter

I got a reply last night to an email I sent them, they confirmed that the number is included in the pack they post out to a UK address.
    I got on to a relation this morning and she's going to post the number over to me when she gets it. :)

Ah sound sorted so ðŸ‘
    What is the plan for the race? Supposed to be a flat enough course but don't know anyone who has run it. Hopefully it won't be too warm on the day

I would be fairly familiar with central Liverpool and there's a decent enough climb up in to the anfield/goodison area and then obviously downhill back in to the city centre but after that i wouldn't know. The last 4 miles all along the river could be interesting if it's a windy day, tail wind would be great if the weather gods can organise that.

Just asking again if anyone has any recent experience of running the full ib Liverpool?
    I believe there are a few hills in the first half bit would be good to hear any race reports. I swear I'm not starting to loose it on the taper...... 🀀

• Advertisement

Registered for this on April 11th and my race pack still hasn't arrived at my UK address, bad form.

Arrived today, about time.

Advertisement