Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Only house on the estate without Fibre Optic

Options
  • 10-04-2017 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi there,

I need a little help- it's quite urgent as I need to purchase broadband as I work from home. 

We've just took out a tenancy on a new property in Rochestown in Cork. We want to take Eir Broadband however on the Eir Website, it states that we can only get up to 5mb broadband (which wouldn't be suitable for working from home, netflix etc). If you check every other house on our estate, they are getting fibre-optic and we're connected to the same exchange (according to your sales team). 

Our next door neighbour, for instance, is literally 1 metre from our house and has up to 60MB broadband. I spoke online with a member of your team via the chat option on the Eir Website who said that ''possibly we're connected to the right cabinet''.

Please note that every house on our estate was built and connected at the same time and every house with the exception of ours has fibre-optic broadband.

We really want to place an order, ideally, today but we need to know that we can get fibre-broadband.

Can I ask:

- Can you check where this 5mb is coming from? Is it from a database? Could that be an error?
    - Are we corrected to the correct cabinet? 
    - Why can every other house on the estate get fibre-optic and we can't?
    - Can you verify for sure that only 5mb is available and if so, why? 

Please PM me and I will send you our address etc.

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi AnSliabhCorca, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us today. 

I am really sorry to hear this. If you could please PM me your full address and eir code and I will be happy to check this for you.

Thanks, 
    Leanne. 

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭AnSliabhCorcra

Have sent you a PM with the address and that of the neighbours next door who have fibre optic. Hoping for a good resolution and to place an order! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi AnSliabhCorca, 

Thank you for that. I will check my PM's now:)

Thanks,
    Leanne. 

Advertisement