Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shoe advice

• 10-04-2017 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can help me to pick out shoes to match this (House of Fraser) dress for a wedding, the colours are harder to match than you might think.. or else I'm just crap!!

I'm thinking of lilac but if anybody had any ideas I'd be delirah as lilac seems to be hard to find.

Ta :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭dizzyn

what about a pair of nude shoes? Try looking on schuh.ie or similar (I cant post links yet, but nude would be fab!)

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

New look have lilac shoes on their website.

I'd imagine nude heels would be a good match if you can't find lilac ones you fancy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Blush pink would be the job with that dress, and the colour is everywhere at the moment. Saw a pair in New Look the other day, strappy ones with a pointed toe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

I would go nude also - I think picking up and of the colours from the dress itself could look a bit too twee/matchy-matchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

I think nude shoes would be best too cos you don't want to be too matchy matchy. Dress is fab :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I don't agree - nude shoes are by now a wedding cliché and just look apologetic.
    I'd go for the blue, if you can - a French look, shoes match the dress. Or white gloves and shoes, silver clutch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭jellybear

Definitely blush pink to match the large flower detail. Gorgeous dress!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 TheLass

Smeggy wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone can help me to pick out shoes to match this (House of Fraser) dress for a wedding, the colours are harder to match than you might think.. or else I'm just crap!!

I'm thinking of lilac but if anybody had any ideas I'd be delirah as lilac seems to be hard to find.

Ta :)

Pale Pink would be fabulous

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

Okay I found a good (pink) match in House of Fraser, thanks for all the help guys..
    Now to break my neck trying to walk in them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

They're fab and will go really well with the dress. Enjoy the wedding :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Perfect, love the style and colour and they'll go with loads of other outfits.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 TheLass

They are fabulous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Lovely shoes, I'd probably have gone navy or dark blue myself. Dark dress, nude tights and dark shoes would look well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭mcbobbyb

Smeggy wrote:

Smeggy wrote:

Hi do you have the name of that dress or a link to it. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭jellybear

mcbobbyb wrote: »
    Hi do you have the name of that dress or a link to it. Thanks

Found it for you :)

https://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/women/jolie-moi-retro-floral-half-sleeve-ruched-dress/d755712.pd#258081468

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

jellybear wrote: »

I would advise you to go a size up if ordering, they're small fitting

Advertisement