Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bon Secours or Galway Clinic

Options
  • 10-04-2017 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi everyone. I am looking for a nursing job in Galway and have been looking into the Bon secours and Galway Clinic. Does anyone work at either and have any advice on what they are like? Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

A genuine query back at you. Do you have a choice? As are both hiring nurses much these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭wintersolstice

I'd be favouring the Bons!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 crazybuttons

Thanks wintersolstice. Do you have any reason in particular to favour the Bons?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Thanks wintersolstice. Do you have any reason in particular to favour the Bons?
    My GP said he would refer me to the Bon's as he wouldn't refer the practice rat to the "other place". :eek:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I've been treated in both and found both top quality. I know someone who works in the Bons and they said before working conditions for staff were much better in the Bons, they know quite a few staff who have moved to the Bons. Hearsay I know, you would really have to assess by applying to both and comparing contracts offered to confirm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

I presume you know that UHG is looking for nurses too. I know it gets bad press as A and E is overcrowded but it's not that bad to work in. Plus you get the benefit of HSE pension and union support etc.
    Galway clinic is run like a business - money first before patient care. No opinion either way on Bons.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I presume you know that UHG is looking for nurses too. I know it gets bad press as A and E is overcrowded but it's not that bad to work in. Plus you get the benefit of HSE pension and union support etc.
    Galway clinic is run like a business - money first before patient care. No opinion either way on Bons.
    I've been a patient in both UHG and the Galway Clinic, and it was the same problem both times so I can make a fair comparison from a patient's point of view. UHG is a ****hole. They didn't have clean sheets, or towels, you get junior doctors that get panicked when they are on their own or just roaming around in groups talking about you like your not in the room. The Galway Clinic was like a resort in comparison. Money first seems to be working for them, they don't throw everything at you just to run up bills like they do in UHG, I felt sorry for the staff in UHG , they get the flak for the shortcomings of the management.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,950 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Anyplace but Ireland, the Bons would be a toxic brand by now.

You do realise it's the same nuns who ran the mother and baby homes? They aren't nursing now, for sure, but where do you think the money to set up the hospital for rich people came from?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Casualcontrol1

I study nursing in Galway. Some colleagues get sent to both on placement, everyone said the bons is amazing staff are so nice one of my friends works there and says the same. Have heard from one or two working in the clinic it's just a Business it's all money and your rushed off your feet. I'd go bons. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 8 crazybuttons

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I currently work in a private hospital which is why I am looking at the private's in Galway. Best of luck with the studies Casualcontrol.

• Advertisement
Advertisement